Anyone else miss Citta di Aria?

• Thread starter ferdia
  • 65 comments
I would say I generally miss all the exotic location races in GT4.

El Capitan
Grand Canyon
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Opera Paris
Seattle
Hong Kong

I feel that GT5 really took the least exciting of the original courses from GT4. Sure Eiger Norwand looks cool, but it's no El Capitan, it's too cramped. I liked that El Capitan could work with race cars due to the wider roads. The new rally stages are boring as hell.

One other great feeling I just remembered, the track was often to tight that pulling off a 100% legitimate pass made you feel like a pro. It took perfect timing, and a good bit of luck. lol.

Yes, I miss Citta di Aria.

I think it's a beautiful track with some awesome tight and technical corners. The best part of the track is the last uphill section, especially when you try floor it in a fast car:)

Last edited:
I miss it too. The reverse version was incredibly fun, flying down the north side of the course between hairpins. Required skill and bravery in equal measure to get it right.

Now just imagine the possibilities if they managed to put a pit area somewhere! 16 car enduros! Epic!

I miss it too. The reverse version was incredibly fun, flying down the north side of the course between hairpins. Required skill and bravery in equal measure to get it right.

Now just imagine the possibilities if they managed to put a pit area somewhere! 16 car enduros! Epic!

I don't think the neighborhood would be happy :lol:

I miss Citta. A damn shame that it was a torture in GT4 but a welcomed one.

X2010 + Citta = Benny Hill sequence for one mistake.

I would love to take the Afla 8C to Citta di Aria or Costa di Amalfi :)

Crossing fingers for these tracks in future updates...

That trackon GTPSP with a citroen 2cv, slowest lap ever. cant make it up the hill. Take it reverse with an f2007, min. downforce, and you go flyin. I'd like it back.

All of the old tracks that were left out of GT5 I wasn't as excited about when playing GT4, but now that they aren't there I long to have them all back. :(

I would say I generally miss all the exotic location races in GT4.

El Capitan
Grand Canyon
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Opera Paris
Seattle
Hong Kong

I feel that GT5 really took the least exciting of the original courses from GT4. Sure Eiger Norwand looks cool, but it's no El Capitan, it's too cramped. I liked that El Capitan could work with race cars due to the wider roads. The new rally stages are boring as hell.

👍

I'm little bit bored with same famous tracks in all racing games...

lol i loved to use this as my tarmac rally track, soo narrow and soo fun. rly wish they brought it back instead of these fail random generated stages :/

Is everyone starting a new thread for some missing track or car in GT5, now?

Just open one thread with topic "missed content from previous titles" and that´s it.

I loved blasting through the final section between the hairpin and the finish line in basically any car with a ridiculously short gearing. I had an Evo VIII MR GSR which topped out at around 130mph, 500ish bhp, nitrous oxide and very high settings on the AYC. It could lap Tsukuba in under 48 seconds, with nitrous (unfortunately), it was great for Citta di Aria. Almost too much fun.

Back