Anyone else miss Citta di Aria?

• Thread starter ferdia
  • 65 comments
I miss this track along with Seattle the most from GT4

Also miss Red Rock Valley (I think that was its name) but dont thnik that made GT4 either (unsure)

Would anyone really mind if PD released a Standard Tracks pack. Sort of like Premium/Standard cars work. The current tracks in the game would be the Premium ones, i.e. with the updated graphics, and then the others would be Standard, with the imported-from-GT4-and-GTPSP-graphics.

An Awesome track, but cars like the X2010 Dont fit in it's thin walls:dunce:
*They also need to add Grand Canyon

Tuning cars to get round this track quickly was one of my favourite pastimes in GT4 - I made some wonderfully enjoyable cars doing that. RX-7, Evo, Skyline, Impreza, Motorsports Elise - loved it!

Would love to be able to do the same with the physics engine we have now.

Yep, I certainly do miss that one. I'll never forget the feeling when you blasted through the winding roads with the houses on either side, and you got it perfectly.

Just amazing. don't have that in GT5 anywhere.

I bet it would have been part of the historic cup or maybe the fgt championship or something like ridiculous that... Good luck geting bob around that track! He'd be stuck on every archway!

Seriously though, it was an interestong track and woukd probably be a lot of fun with gt5 physics

I hated in GT4, the last bit before the finish line always annoyed me because it was too tight to get any speed or rhythm. Oh and the Tank Car would just get stuck :). However I do miss it now, perhaps it'll return in GT6?

Edit: Acctually I think the reason I didn't like it was that Licence/Driving Mission with that old Alfa Romeo that struggled to get up the hills. Spent so long on that it nearly drove me insane!

Last edited:
Citta was absolutly a blast to play. Hard at beggining and bliss after you memored track.

Doing 200 km/h in those tight corners is otherworldly...

I spend like 100-200hh just driving around that track i some old cars like 500

One of my absolute favorite tracks in GT4 (in a tie for first place with Nurburgring). I wish it had more votes in the feedback section. It's perfectly suited to my favorite type of car (small, light, underpowered; think Alpine 1600s, Lotus Europa), and is also an insane blast in something powerful but nimble (Yellowbird, etc.).

Not only did we lose this great track, we lost all tracks best suited to this type of car. There isn't anything in GT5 which is comparable. (I miss all the tracks from GT4 very much. Frankly, the only tracks I still really like in GT5 are Nurburgring and Sarthe. I've always disliked "purpose built" tracks. I like all the tracks that were formed organically the way the roads and terrain dictated they had to be. There is something so raw and exciting about those tracks that just doesn't come through to me in any of the purpose-built tracks like Fuji, Suzuka, Cape Ring etc.)

I put in my 3 votes for Citta Di Aria ages ago. I hope to see a few more people vote for it and get it moved up the list a bit. It would be great to have a track properly suited to some great low-power racing.

I was reading this while I was in college...
I think PD should bring back every track from GT4/3 and 2

I miss them all!

One of my favorite tracks. I could not believe it was not in GT5. Actually I am not that surprised with everything else thats missing. :indiff:

I posted this on the "El Capitan, i miss it" topic. Hope it's not a problem to post the same text here:

From the first Vision Gran Turismo trailer till Gran Turismo HD on TGS 2006, these tracks were avaiable in HD (upscaled that is):

- Twin Ring Motegi
- Grand Canyon
- Tahiti Maze / Circuit
- Costa Di Amalfi
- Citta Di Aria

You can see pictures of those here: http://www.giantbomb.com/gran-turism...-21297/images/

And of course, El Capitan in one of the GT5 trailers.

I might understand that Motegi and Infineon were dropped because the license ended or something like that. But everything else, including Seattle, Midfield, have no reasonable excuse.

All GT4 tracks could be ported and with some work on textures and overall geometry, would look decent and help the game feel more complete. For example, Trial Mountain doesn't look like it had a lot of rework done, still it's on the game.

To complete, i honestly don't know why they haven't upgrade all GT4 tracks to be on GT5. They had 5 years for this. A small "team" could have done that improving some of the geometry and 3d details on the track, and also replacing the textures for higher resolution ones.

God I miss this track so much :( I really do hope they put it in GT5, although I doubt they will!

Such an awesome track....blasting down the narrow streets at 100+ mph

I really enjoyed setting times in a Ginetta G4 with my friends on GT4 days, also some of the first pics I printed out from GT4 were of a Lancia Delta (S4?) rally car roaring around the streets.
I often confuse Citta di Aria with Costa di Amilfi which was my favourite place to drift the Caterham Fireblade. Lord I wish they'd make a reappearance!

I really liked this track too, it was very tight & had great elevation changes, hope we get it as free DLC soon.

👍

I loved it, want it back almost more than any other track. Would love to see an extended version of it!

Yes I miss Citta di Aria too, it offered a unique experience and was enormous fun and very rewarding when you set a fast lap without touching anything.
It also proves the relevance of scenery and backdrop to a track, even if you were theoretically able to create something very similar in lay-out with the Course Maker (narrow twisty turns and uphill sections) the experience wouldn't be the same without the stunning old Italian architecture looming dangerously close at either ends of the road.
Not just providing eye-candy but I reckon it affects the way you drive too, at least for the fact it obscured a lot of the corners....

I'll have to say I miss Citta di Aria too. I just liked the narrow nature of the track which made for some really fun racing. No doubt that I want to see it return some day.

Back