Anyone Else Paint their seasonal Car with the wining chip

• Thread starter DBM
  • 24 comments
If I was using a paintable car for the event I usually sample the color on it. If I was using an unpaintable car like the BMW Concept 1, I'll switch to my most recently used paintable car and sample. If the car was provided like the FXX, I'll sample on my most recently used paintable car. I have yet to actually paint the car used in the event with the color won from the event, however. Good [unique] question.

I did once.

what do people do with their winning chips? I've hardly used any of the prize chips...
It is an idea though.

The Solid, Metallic, and Pearlescent prize paints are all very usable. Some of the Color-Shift prize paints are a little harsh (though there's an almost matte orange-to-red that I use as a Matte). The Matte prize paints have their place, just like the purchased Matte paints. I've only used Silver Chrome, the dark silver chrome GT Japanese-###C, and the two gold-toned GT Japanese-###Cs on wheels, and the latter two only on BBS RSs and Enkei Bajas (the Bajas have paint applied in the cast area between the machined spokes and yields an interesting effect). I've yet to use any of the color chromes. I feel I should note that I don't have access to any of the Anniversary Edition paints and thus can't rightly comment.

I'll risk an eye on this one, cos it's right up my alley: I've often wondered: Why on earth do y'all care so much about the color of the car? When driving, most of us use the view, where we can't see the car anyway, and noone gets an advantage from color anyway (although whoosiergirls PINK seems suspicious :)). I -for one- have had "thousands" of colors in both GT 5 and 6, and never used a single one....

Ryk
I did once.

what do people do with their winning chips? I've hardly used any of the prize chips...
It is an idea though.

Mine just go in the collectable bin until which time I finally decide to use them. I'm like a creature of habit though and usually just stick to the same favorite 5 or 6 paint chips. Guess I need to put more variety in my life, uh? :lol:

@Roweer1 I care about the color of my car, and rims, because I like to take photos of my cars also. 👍 Plus, I guess its an OCD thing with me, I HAVE to paint my cars. :lol:

The 1 tii is paintable. 👍
Got that way in an update then. Last I checked (way back when I won it), the only way to change its appearance is to apply noticeably different-than-stock suspension settings.

Got that way in an update then. Last I checked (way back when I won it), the only way to change its appearance is to apply noticeably different-than-stock suspension settings.

Its been paintable since day 1. I know this because that is like the second car I bought on release day and I painted it Burnt Orange. I still have the car btw.

Its been paintable since day 1. I know this because that is like the second car I bought on release day and I painted it Burnt Orange. I still have the car btw.
Wow. I guess it's possible I checked all menus except body paint (not bodypaint, that's for another game entirely), but I didn't think so. Dangitall. :lol:

And here's visual proof (not that it was needed) of my brain fart:
bmwconcept1seriestii07mattebrown-jpg.134726

Image courtesy of @Jawgant

Last edited:
I'll risk an eye on this one, cos it's right up my alley: I've often wondered: Why on earth do y'all care so much about the color of the car? When driving, most of us use the view, where we can't see the car anyway, and noone gets an advantage from color anyway (although whoosiergirls PINK seems suspicious :)). I -for one- have had "thousands" of colors in both GT 5 and 6, and never used a single one....

usually when i see my friends all drive a blue subaru (r1 @ leaderboard) for example i will paint it in majorly diffrent color
thats just the way i am, if i go somewhere and everbody is dressed black and white, ill be dressed red and blue
apart from that i watch replays so i get to see the color atleast there, lol.

i even customize my air force ones myself, most of my shoes are unique that way, nobody got them colorways.

I've started doing so, just cause the folk who do - if they see me go by - will share a giggle about it.
Thing is, some combinations just really suk.

:bowdown: :gtpflag:

DBM
Bit OCD, but I always paint the Seasonal cars I use with the gold paint chip you win, anyone else do this?
That G37 at the Streets of Willow Springs got treated to what it finally won:boggled:. I just hope that serves to make it remember what it did.

DBM
Bit OCD, but I always paint the Seasonal cars I use with the gold paint chip you win, anyone else do this?
No. I paint some of required cars exclusive to seasonal events. After that, I put them on stockyard.

Toyota FT-1's are too sexy to be painted Cup colors (or any other color for that matter)... /sigh Oh well... that HP Infinity looks pretty cool in gunmetal green.

I've been painting my TT cars in this manner since the start of GT6. What I wont do though is condemn a beautiful car to an ugly color so I Haven't quite set this into a rule. There are of course times when you're required to use an un-paintable car in a TT and of course when this happens the car I was in previously may be the unlucky recipient of a fugly paint job!

I never put to use the paints i get in the seasonals for other thing than some wheels, all my paintable cars are yellow anyway.

Latest Posts

Back