Anyone else really enjoy multi-class in F4?

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
I put F4 in again over the weekend and I forgot how much I love the multi-class hopper. I always seem to have really close epic battles in there.

Sadly I haven't found a race long enough to enjoy it. I was in the process of joining a league, but it dissolved. I haven't had much luck with my club (see sig) either.

I really do not like the hoppers at all, I really wish they had not added them to the game.
Online Racing was much better in Forza 2.

I really do not like the hoppers at all, I really wish they had not added them to the game.
Online Racing was much better in Forza 2.

They also have user made lobbies you can join, exactly like Forza 2.

Last edited:
The only online racing I do anymore is the R3 lobbies or if I'm lucky a user created Nordschleife race. Was getting in to some of the multi-class racing before I went off FM4 for a while but then forgot about it.

I pop into the ABC multi-class from time to time, but I'm usually in the D, B, or A hoppers if I do head online. I've lately been trying to take a bite out of the Event List, though; I'm just about at 50% :eek:

I like setting up online races where it's me against 11 AI cars. 4 of us are in R1 and the rest are F. It's really fun screaming down the Mulsanne Straight in a Le Mans Prototype when suddenly you hit a gaggle of Pintos, Pacers and Gremlins!

Yup, I like it, too, especially in a private lobby with AI cars on Top Gear test track with minimum 20 laps. Once you're around lap 7-8, it gets really funny watching different cars trying to pass clean through Follow Through/First Corner without hitting the ones coming from the other side. :dopey:

I like setting up online races where it's me against 11 AI cars. 4 of us are in R1 and the rest are F. It's really fun screaming down the Mulsanne Straight in a Le Mans Prototype when suddenly you hit a gaggle of Pintos, Pacers and Gremlins!
I invented a race mode in Forza 3 called "The Train". Have you ever heard of it? Sounds similar to what you are doing.

"The Train"
There are 2 groups.

Group 1 is the AI with the largest heaviest vehicles and on the hardest difficulty. They get a 20-30 second head start.

Group 2 is a faster group usually a few classes faster. This is the group you and your friends will be in.

The goal is to try and beat every single vehicle in Group 1 before the race ends. Depending on the track it could take 5 or 6 laps. You will have to tweak and adjust that. I usually do this on very tight small tracks with lots of walls. Oh and FULL simulated damage. :lol:

They also have user made lobbies you can join, exactly like Forza 2.
I know but it was better in Forza 2 because that is all there was. The hoppers have cut down the number of user races by quite a lot as well as the number of users who join your user created race. Also the server is a bit flaky. I can't tell you how many times I have got the we sorry forza server is not available or just sit there staring a a blank screen while it attempts to load.

We also lost a lot of drivers due to the way the manual clutch was given an advantage taking those who use a auto tranny out of the mix and the broken ABS taking others out. I know several people who quit playing mostly because of the ABS issues and others who were competitive on Forza 2 using an auto trans but eventually gave up on Forza 3 and 4 due to the large and unfair advantage given to those using the manual clutch button.

If you like the hoppers then I guess they are ok but everyone I race with liked the Forza 2 system a lot better and several of them have gone back to playing Forza 2. I even loaded Forza 2 up a few weeks ago and was surprised to find that even now it is easier to get a good race lobby going on Forza 2 than on 3 or 4

I came here from GT, it took me about 2hours to get the hang of the clutch. If that runs people off that's pretty sad. There should be an advantage using an manual over an auto.

But there shouldn't be such a big advantage from flat-shifting with the throttle pinned. Manual without clutch users can't keep up either, unless they switch controls and flat-shift too.

@HBR-Roadhog -- I dunno, I like hoppers because it guarantees you'll find a race that isn't yet another R-class circus. It's always the same in online racing; fastest cars, simplest tracks, ad nauseum. People are boring.

I pretty much solely race on ABC'S multi-class and I've even made a car club specifically dedicated to it, and I'll be uploading some tuning setups for this soon.

But there shouldn't be such a big advantage from flat-shifting with the throttle pinned. Manual without clutch users can't keep up either, unless they switch controls and flat-shift too.
The clutch system in Forza is a joke. Very unfair to users who do not want to use a manual clutch. It could be corrected so easily but does not look like it will. I feel sorry for the guys who like to use an Auto Trans
@HBR-Roadhog -- I dunno, I like hoppers because it guarantees you'll find a race that isn't yet another R-class circus. It's always the same in online racing; fastest cars, simplest tracks, ad nauseum. People are boring.

I hate the hoppers. Been a while since I drove in them but the last time I was there it was a joke.

User lobbies are hit and miss. Yes there are a lot of lobbies where they set it to any car on one of the big ovals or Lemans and just see how fast they can go.

There are however lobbies where the class is restricted and they switch tracks and such, some good groups of clean racers and some groups that run with collisions turned off and whatever. There are however not nearly as many of these as there were on Forza 2.

In Forza 2 there were lots more User lobbies because there were no hoppers and you could almost always find a race that you liked if you tried and if not then you could create a race the way you like to run and people would join. If they liked your lobby they would stay and they would come back in the future. Before long you have met several new people that like to race the way you like to race and you are in control of the race.

I like to race just about everything but prefer to stay below the R classes most of the time A B C D is what you would find me running most often though I do drive everything F-X I do not drag nor drift and there are some tracks I do not run.

I went to Forza 2 a few weeks ago and started a public lobby and after 2 races the lobby was full of good clean racers. On Forza 4 I don't think i have ever saw a full lobby in a User created race.

I agree that's why I love the hoppers because you get put into random cars on random tracks. Similar to the GT online "random" cars option. Makes it very fun IMO. The way they have it setup in F4 is perfect IMO. You can join Forza server hoppers or join user made rooms. Its the best of both worlds.

I decided to start working on the World tour again and I cant believe how massive that event playlist is. I have been working on quite a bit and decided to check my progress. It said my campaign progress was only 5%! :scared: I don't think I could beat that if I played for 2 years straight. I am very happy its large but dang that's insane. Lots and lots of races.

The hoppers are boring too. Sure, the majority will do what the majority wants with open rooms, but as long as some fraction that does something else exists, they can have their own space. The biggest problem with GT5/FM4 in this aspect is finding rooms.

Both games pretty much expect people to not care very much and just jump into some random room. In Forza it's worse because Turn 10 assumes their arbitrary class system is the only rules people would care to race by and that everyone already has their cars set up so they can jump straight into a 5 minute race.

The hoppers are boring too. Sure, the majority will do what the majority wants with open rooms, but as long as some fraction that does something else exists, they can have their own space. The biggest problem with GT5/FM4 in this aspect is finding rooms.

Both games pretty much expect people to not care very much and just jump into some random room. In Forza it's worse because Turn 10 assumes their arbitrary class system is the only rules people would care to race by and that everyone already has their cars set up so they can jump straight into a 5 minute race.
The nice part is that even if no one else is playing in the hopper, the game still starts. You just play against the AI. Then players can join and take the place of the AI. Its a win, win for everyone IMO.

Like those races , sometimes i have tryed to beat the higher class cars in the r2 r3 class races , if you pick car wisely you can have a chance to do it .

I still stick mainly with the A,B,C and S class. Yes you can beat higher class cars for sure. The only major problem with the A,B,C,&S class is that it is known to freeze once in a while. Especially if people in the lobby try to vote kick the map or vote kick the players. If people have voted then shortly after the game starts, its almost guaranteed the game will freeze for someone. Its been a problem for a long time. Also sometimes the vinyls don't load.

When I try to play in the ABCS playlist some of my cars from their respective classes don't appear. Otherwise I really like it, especially when you're able to catch a higher class vehicle with your weaker one.

When I try to play in the ABCS playlist some of my cars from their respective classes don't appear. Otherwise I really like it, especially when you're able to catch a higher class vehicle with your weaker one.
Yes that same thing happens to all of us too and we are not sure why. Not sure if it is a specific engine swap or drivetrain swap, but something eliminates certain cars from online. Haven't quite figured that out.

Back