Do cars revert to stock in multi class custom race?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 7 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
Multi-class: if you select "garage cars" are they tuned (anything we did to customized then when we used them individually) or stock in the race?

I think so that they are jusr your cars. And the same settings what u have left them.
Multi-class: if you select "garage cars" are they tuned (anything we did to customized then when we used them individually) or stock in the race?

If you customised any vehicle settings, they remain that way when you select cars from your garage. The tyres you fitted will remain. The exception being race car default tyres.

Regarding assigning AI a car, if a race car in your garage has standard Racing Medium and you bought Racing Hard for that car, it will use the Racing Hard. Even if you have set the car to use Racing Medium. I don’t know why the default tyre isn’t selected by the AI programming. So, the Car you use, can start on whatever tyre compound you select, but the AI will use the hardest compound.

What boggles me most is when you do BoP single class custom races with boost on weak it's always a tight battle and winning can be a small challenge, however when you do a multiclass race with the same settings field spread is ridiculous and it feels like the slower class cars cruise around the track at 100kph. :confused:

yeah this is an annoying phenomenon. When using garage cars as A.I. in custom race, I'm not 100% sure if the A.I. uses a stock sheet setting, but your garage cars will revert to the stock default tyres they're fitted with upon purchase.

Edit: I concur, A.I. cars will only revert to stock tyres if they're fitted with any tyre grade below hard slicks.

It's got to be a bug, would like to see this addressed.

Last edited:
The performance upgrades will stay but the cars will not use anything past racing hards for some reason if you purchased those or if the car came with a grade higher if you also own racing hards on the car. I was wondering why one of my F1 GTR LongTails was performing noticeably worse than the rest of the cars Gr.2 cars, it's due to it using the RH compound instead of the default RM.

For roadcars if they are tuned to look like/perform as a race car, install racing hards on them.

I have not installed Racing wets or intermediates due to not knowing if the cars will start using only those instead which in turn will make custom races bad outside of rain weather which I currently do not use due to not being sure if the tires will stay or not.

If you purchase IW and W, the AI will switch to the appropriate tread according to rain intensity. If your race is long enough and the rain has ended, the AI switch to the softest slick.

Latest Posts

Back