Anyone else thinking that Hamilton is gonna get whipped?

• Thread starter sturk0167
  • 79 comments
images

I hope Hamilton gets beaten by Gamers so Rosberg can do a video on youtube about this.

Im sure he owns a copy and has gotten used to it since his first stint 2 years ago getting used to it playing with Kaz.
I hope they don't put him with Lightning or Fraga, or any other 'Pro' for that matter, they should partner him up as a pro with a media player... Maybe Jordan?but yeah @sturk0167 its going to be awesome to see how he does.

I imagine he doesn’t need much virtual adaption in order to give the e-sport guys a headache. His old Nürburgring GP reference lap was rather smooth, after all.

Surely that move on Albon is proof that he's been busy honing his GTS skills.

Albon opened the door for too long and then decided to close it. Anyone could have gotten caught on the inside of an incident like that.

Maybe, maybe not.

On one hand, he’s one of the most talented and successful racing drivers on the planet, very experienced at making things work to his liking.

On the other hand, he’ll be up against people who’ve trained extensively (maybe exclusively) with and for the GT Sport engine, and could be more comfortable (and capable) than he is at this specific format of racing. The Esports stars could have an upperhand.

Formula 1 drivers like Hamilton are more used to physical cues from within the car - not so much visual cues. Yes, they use braking markers and other points of reference but they can feel what the car is doing underneath them. It's harder for them to use visual cues only. I think this video with Kimi Raikonnen will demonstrate what I mean:

But I don't think Hamilton will get whipped.

I'm sure he's done his fair share of hours in a simulator....when's the race? Will it be streamed?

I believe the stream starts at 5pm UTC today, not sure the exact time of the race though.
EDIT - Pro Am stream is tomorrow (Saturday) starting at 2pm UTC.
ANOTHER EDIT - No, it is today the 22nd. But isn't being streamed, which is odd........

The way the ProAm races go Hamilton will be up against the other "amateurs" rather than the Pro GT drivers who jump in at the pit stop. Of course some of the amateur drivers are also very high rated GT drivers (such as SuperGT).

I'd also be said that Montoya did pretty well at NY.

It's great to see Hamilton this involved and should be entertaining whatever happens :)

Last edited:
My guess is that SuperGT is going to R4M him :)

Against the best in the world he would struggle simply due to lack of practice, but against the Am drivers I am sure he will be competitive (it is just a question whether someone 'makes a mistake' and puts him in the wall.

I would imagine they will increase the number of laps the AM drivers have to do to make sure he gets some air time, so should be fun.

My guess is that SuperGT is going to R4M him :)

Against the best in the world he would struggle simply due to lack of practice, but against the Am drivers I am sure he will be competitive (it is just a question whether someone 'makes a mistake' and puts him in the wall.

I would imagine they will increase the number of laps the AM drivers have to do to make sure he gets some air time, so should be fun.
Hamilton is the GT Sport "maestro" and both lives locally and has had quite some notice of the event. I think the notion that the six-time F1 world champion hasn't been practicing for the event (with knowledge of the track/car combo and a WF build of the game from PD) is... unlikely. He's a competitive chap, apparently...

I'm sure he has practiced but it will just be a few hours simply due to his time constraints. Compared to what the "pro's" will be doing for the event it will be much less, and if I was an am driver I would be practising like crazy so I could try and beat him for my moment in the sun.

Saying that Hamilton is one of the best drivers in the world, so hopefully his natural talent will be enough to counter the lack of practice. I do expect there to be carnage though so if I was Polyphony I would broadcast on a 5 minute delay so they could restart the race if he gets taken out at the 1st corner.

I'm sure he has practiced but it will just be a few hours simply due to his time constraints. Compared to what the "pro's" will be doing for the event it will be much less, and if I was an am driver I would be practising like crazy so I could try and beat him for my moment in the sun.

Saying that Hamilton is one of the best drivers in the world, so hopefully his natural talent will be enough to counter the lack of practice. I do expect there to be carnage though so if I was Polyphony I would broadcast on a 5 minute delay so they could restart the race if he gets taken out at the 1st corner.
He'll be an Am driver, so only needs to be better than the media - who are mainly non-GT players (with one notable exception; not me, I'm tomorrow). The rest of the Am drivers definitely won't have had a chance to play the track yet either, while Hamilton may well have had access to a WF build. He's supposedly very competitive and a GT fan, so if he's anything like me, he'll have been obsessively driven it for seven hours yesterday.

I also don't think it's being streamed. I've not got a URL for any video for it at any rate.

Hamilton is the GT Sport "maestro" and both lives locally and has had quite some notice of the event. I think the notion that the six-time F1 world champion hasn't been practicing for the event (with knowledge of the track/car combo and a WF build of the game from PD) is... unlikely. He's a competitive chap, apparently...

How does PD get the WT Builds to the competitors? Send them a new disk or a special Code to download it? Also, What happens to those versions of the game after the competition, do they just stop working after a certain day or do these guys have loads of old build disks laying around?

He'll be an Am driver, so only needs to be better than the media - who are mainly non-GT players (with one notable exception; not me, I'm tomorrow). The rest of the Am drivers definitely won't have had a chance to play the track yet either, while Hamilton may well have had access to a WF build. He's supposedly very competitive and a GT fan, so if he's anything like me, he'll have been obsessively driven it for seven hours yesterday.

I also don't think it's being streamed. I've not got a URL for any video for it at any rate.

They recorded it in Salzburg and uploaded it 2 weeks later when it wasn't particularly relevant anymore, they'll probably do the same here

I swear... the one time I get a win :lol::lol::lol:

def not bitter

Formula 1 drivers like Hamilton are more used to physical cues from within the car - not so much visual cues. Yes, they use braking markers and other points of reference but they can feel what the car is doing underneath them. It's harder for them to use visual cues only. I think this video with Kimi Raikonnen will demonstrate what I mean:

But I don't think Hamilton will get whipped.

I think that’s the most I’ve ever heard Kimi talk.

Lewis will hold his own but it sucks they’re not streaming this race.

Back