Anyone experiencing laggy servers lately?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT'S BiG FaN
  • 17 comments
  • 1,006 views
Messages
924
Saudi Arabia
Engine Block
I've been having horrendous lag throughout the past week. Other games seems to be working fine like BO2 & BF3.
 
Yes, I have. When entering certain rooms; cars swerving and people mic lagging cutting out every 2 seconds. It's annoying.

Off topic--------> It looks like PD has improved Premium damage, I don't know how because there was no update but it look like they did improve it.
 
Seems to be a slight lag once in a while. Probably because of the last update though. I don't have problems with anything other than people from other countries twitching once and a while. Besides that nope. Probably in don't have a problem because I have a really good Internet service
 
Yes it has been laggy the past week or so. The rolling starts have also been weird every once and a while as well as the positions of those on the track. People from other countries have much more lag than normal. The mics are also cutting out. It looks like it is going to be necessary to limit the room size once again.
 
Yes it has been laggy the past week or so. The rolling starts have also been weird every once and a while as well as the positions of those on the track. People from other countries have much more lag than normal. The mics are also cutting out. It looks like it is going to be necessary to limit the room size once again.

I hope they dont limit the room size. I'm sure they can do something to speed it up again.
 
I have been hosting every night since "The Great PSN Blackout of 2011" that was when the host, who's room I used to frequent decided to get a life.

I have seen these complaint forever

99.8% (a fair guess) of the time - it is NOT sony's problem - it is the users problem.

Sony usually fesses up when they have a problem.
 
Chrunch I am sorry to say but I don't believe your statistic at all.

Sony has issues after an update that seems to go away after a while and then resurfaces after another update.
 
Chrunch I am sorry to say but I don't believe your statistic at all.

Sony has issues after an update that seems to go away after a while and then resurfaces after another update.

I believe his stat 100%! Sony hasn't had an update in a few months but all of a sudden issues pop up? Doesn't make sense unless you're talking about GT5s updates. I would imagine Sony takes better care of their updates with plenty of R&D.

I believe it's solely issues based on the user, un-reliable internet connection, high pings, cluttered network, incompatible NAT types. As it's been said hundreds of times, GT5 and most other games run peer-to-peer. GT5 requires much more reliability, in terms of online connection, than most games.
 
Chrunch I am sorry to say but I don't believe your statistic at all.

Sony has issues after an update that seems to go away after a while and then resurfaces after another update.

Like Bluntified ^^ said I believe it is a peer to peer thing. I run the room every night and every night it is the same people that get disconnected. And occasionally, when I am having connectivity problems it is me that gets disconnected.
 
I have I tried to get on this lobby last night I had over 10 goes then I gave up
 
One major problem with open lobby rooms (not for me really because i have really good Internet) is that people think by putting Very high race quality and very high chat quality makes the rooms better Which it makes them worse (not everyone can do that setting because their Internet can't handle it)

The ideal settings for the average connection is

Racing quality - high or very high
Chat quality - low

This will cut out cars lagging and stop mic lag.

Usually when i suggest this people tell me I am full of crap and i laugh in their face and tell them this.

1. I work in networking for a living.
2. It even says when you highlight the chat quality (on the bottom of the screen while highlighted)
"the higher the chat quality the more load on the connection".
 
I believe it's solely issues based on the user, un-reliable internet connection, high pings, cluttered network, incompatible NAT types. As it's been said hundreds of times, GT5 and most other games run peer-to-peer. GT5 requires much more reliability, in terms of online connection, than most games.




2477920748.png

76477196.png



It's only been this last week where I haven't been disconnected from the online servers. Between the first week of December and now, I couldn't stay online for more than 30 minutes at the very most, often being booted off the servers before I could even enter or finish a race, and it didn't matter if I was in someone's public room, their private lounge, my own lounge or a public room that I am hosting. Neither did it matter if it were busy or I if was on my own, I could guarantee numerous disconnections. Plus each time it happened, it would make the entire game crash.

Those previous 2 months became frustrating, especially on nights with heavy internet usage and flawless performance. One example last week being when I had just downloaded 35.5GB of files with zero packet loss on the PC, but never managed more than 4 races in as many hours in GT5.
 
2477920748.png

76477196.png



It's only been this last week where I haven't been disconnected from the online servers. Between the first week of December and now, I couldn't stay online for more than 30 minutes at the very most, often being booted off the servers before I could even enter or finish a race, and it didn't matter if I was in someone's public room, their private lounge, my own lounge or a public room that I am hosting. Neither did it matter if it were busy or I if was on my own, I could guarantee numerous disconnections. Plus each time it happened, it would make the entire game crash.

Those previous 2 months became frustrating, especially on nights with heavy internet usage and flawless performance. One example last week being when I had just downloaded 35.5GB of files with zero packet loss on the PC, but never managed more than 4 races in as many hours in GT5.

What's your NAT type? I have less than half of your specs and no disconnections. I've seen others with virgin that have issues with GT5. I'm out of ideas.
 
Last edited:
2477920748.png

76477196.png



It's only been this last week where I haven't been disconnected from the online servers. Between the first week of December and now, I couldn't stay online for more than 30 minutes at the very most, often being booted off the servers before I could even enter or finish a race, and it didn't matter if I was in someone's public room, their private lounge, my own lounge or a public room that I am hosting. Neither did it matter if it were busy or I if was on my own, I could guarantee numerous disconnections. Plus each time it happened, it would make the entire game crash.

Those previous 2 months became frustrating, especially on nights with heavy internet usage and flawless performance. One example last week being when I had just downloaded 35.5GB of files with zero packet loss on the PC, but never managed more than 4 races in as many hours in GT5.

Wow, that's a good internet connection right there. Maybe because the room your joining the host is not in your country. Eg America (American Host). Look when your joining look at the bar should be 4 bars in total.
 
TwistyDrift
Wow, that's a good internet connection right there. Maybe because the room your joining the host is not in your country. Eg America (American Host). Look when your joining look at the bar should be 4 bars in total.

The bars are the ping and yes.

The stars are how high the race quality is setup. And i don't join a room anything below of four stars.

But i don't worry about the bars because the way i have my router setup (i get way higher speed than I am actually paying for hahaha and many other tweets) i don't need to worry about ping
 
The stars are how high the race quality is setup. And i don't join a room anything below of four stars.

But i don't worry about the bars because the way i have my router setup (i get way higher speed than I am actually paying for hahaha and many other tweets) i don't need to worry about ping
I've been trying to tell my friends that the stars are much more important than the bars. It actually took me a while to figure out that the quality was determined when you set the room up. Most people do not know that fact. I normally recommend high room quality and low mic quality as you suggested.

At any rate we are still seeing lag on the servers. It's not about people dropping out it is lag when cars jerk around at random times. It gets worse as the more people join the room.
 
bs13
I've been trying to tell my friends that the stars are much more important than the bars. It actually took me a while to figure out that the quality was determined when you set the room up. Most people do not know that fact. I normally recommend high room quality and low mic quality as you suggested.

At any rate we are still seeing lag on the servers. It's not about people dropping out it is lag when cars jerk around at random times. It gets worse as the more people join the room.

Hmmm, I should do that when I'm setting up a new room. I will certainly check the stars now instead of the bars.
 
bs13
I've been trying to tell my friends that the stars are much more important than the bars. It actually took me a while to figure out that the quality was determined when you set the room up. Most people do not know that fact. I normally recommend high room quality and low mic quality as you suggested.

At any rate we are still seeing lag on the servers. It's not about people dropping out it is lag when cars jerk around at random times. It gets worse as the more people join the room.

Maybe whoever was hosting their connection isn't the best. Try letting someone else host with the same settings should see a difference.

TwistyDrift
Hmmm, I should do that when I'm setting up a new room. I will certainly check the stars now instead of the bars.

Oh hahaha go join a room with 1 star then join one with 4 or 5 stars you will see what I am talking about.

One question room with 1 to 3 stars The cars will not be smooth the will twitch all over the place. This may not be the host's connection but most likely the race quality is too low.
 
Back