Anyone know any good ways to earn credits now?

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 60 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Just loaded up Scam Turismo 7 with the new 1.08 update and all the races that earned credits have now had over 50% of the rewards cut from them. Seems the only way to earn credits in this game is repeat the same event for the hole day just to buy 1 car. The ironic part is in the latest statement from PD it says they don't want the same events to be repeated for cash? But they then cut the rewards down so you need to repeat events even more. Now I can't earn credits to buy the cars that I want? So how am I supposed to enjoy this game if I can't do what I want to do.
Imagine if you started up call of duty multiplayer and it took you a hole day to gain 1 level up and each level up you could use 1 more gun. But here's the catch. The fastest way to level up is to play the same game type and map. So the devs see people all doing the same thing so rather then increasing the XP out of all the other content they decrease the good one instead. Then give some bs statement saying they want everyone to enjoy the game.
You have beat me with a baseball bat and then told me not to feel pain. You chucked a bowl of water over me and told me not to get wet.
So after all the time I spent not being able to play the game I at least expected a car I won't use or even 1 of those roulette spins that give you 10k if your lucky. But nope we got a hole load of nothing. When you think the game couldn't get any worse it manages to get worse.

Sorry its hard to make a post on this game without your train of thought heading down frustration station.
So what is the best way to earn credits right now?

There weren't any good ways to earn credits before the update (doing Fishermans Ranch several thousand times to be able to afford all the cars was never a good way to earn credits), and there aren't any good ways to earn credits after the update. I'll just leave my PS4 turned off till they release an update that makes the game playable.

Just need to be patient. No surprise, Kaz points out that we essentially aren't getting the full picture of the game right now so to speak. There are likely better ways to earn credits on the way, they just aren't in the game yet. That could be the unreleased single player races with menu books 39+ or it could be different Sport related content. Who knows. Crying about it on a forum won't make new content get here any faster.

Having higher credit payouts would be a good motivation to participate in Sport. As is, even though I'm decent at it and got my rating really high in GT Sport, I don't really have any motivation to do it GT7.

That all being said, don't expect exploit-level ways of making credits. As in, I'm sure they are going to keep things relatively balanced/on a linear curve for time = credit ratio.

Last edited:
World GT Series Championship still giving 450k+ in 45+min. I think this will be the way. Im waiting someone test events and see what is the best now.
Do you no if they give clean race bonuses on the championship races i do the 600 and 700 ones all the time as i enjoy high powered road cars.. However For some reason though i cant seem to get the bonuses on championship races and i always just assume i rubbed an opponent to hard or went a little to far on the grass or something ??

do people play games just for fun anymore?
its always "how do I get everything now?"
Yeah it is a 'grind' at present but plenty of cars to enjoy at present.

I've no doubt they'll improve the races, economy etc in 'reasonable' time.

Rwd finally felt great earlier.

Just loaded up Scam Turismo 7 with the new 1.08 update and all the races that earned credits have now had over 50% of the rewards cut from them. Seems the only way to earn credits in this game is repeat the same event for the hole day just to buy 1 car. The ironic part is in the latest statement from PD it says they don't want the same events to be repeated for cash? But they then cut the rewards down so you need to repeat events even more. Now I can't earn credits to buy the cars that I want? So how am I supposed to enjoy this game if I can't do what I want to do.
Imagine if you started up call of duty multiplayer and it took you a hole day to gain 1 level up and each level up you could use 1 more gun. But here's the catch. The fastest way to level up is to play the same game type and map. So the devs see people all doing the same thing so rather then increasing the XP out of all the other content they decrease the good one instead. Then give some bs statement saying they want everyone to enjoy the game.
You have beat me with a baseball bat and then told me not to feel pain. You chucked a bowl of water over me and told me not to get wet.
So after all the time I spent not being able to play the game I at least expected a car I won't use or even 1 of those roulette spins that give you 10k if your lucky. But nope we got a hole load of nothing. When you think the game couldn't get any worse it manages to get worse.

Sorry its hard to make a post on this game without your train of thought heading down frustration station.
So what is the best way to earn credits right now?
They don't decrease the good one, decrease all

If you have a PC, make a script that sends input events to the game via PS Remote Play and let it grind races all night while you sleep. Like a digital rubber-band.
its a good idea but how would I program the inputs? I was thinking remote play but that doesn't work with keyboard and mouse and there is no macro tool for controllers?

That all being said, don't expect exploit-level ways of making credits. As in, I'm sure they are going to keep things relatively balanced/on a linear curve for time = credit ratio.
If the longer more interesting races with fuel and tyre wear all paid out double per minute what we got for Fishermans Ranch pre-update, I think that would be fine, we'd have a large number of races to cycle through and try different cars for, while making decent progress towards obtaining new cars to try the races again with.

Or even if a Gr.4 race that takes around 15-20 mins paid out 500k, say, so each time we do it we have enough to buy a new Gr.4 car and buy the tuning parts for it to try the same race again with a different car, that would be fine. 600k for a Gr.3 race, 1200k for a Gr.1 race, something like that, to cover the higher cost of those cars.

Last edited:
Here's the issue, a new car pops in the legend dealership for several millions. Unless you get it now, there's no way to know when you're going to have a chance to buy it again, it could be months. This whole thing wouldn't have been such an issue if you could just buy any car you wanted at your leisure, but this artificial scarcity forces you to put fun aside and grind the same stupid events because you could be locked out of your favourite cars for God knows how long.

Here's the issue, a new car pops in the legend dealership for several millions. Unless you get it now, there's no way to know when you're going to have a chance to buy it again, it could be months. This whole thing wouldn't have been such an issue if you could just buy any car you wanted at your leisure, but this artificial scarcity forces you to put fun aside and grind the same stupid events because you could be locked out of your favourite cars for God knows how long.
its supposed to be about a seventy car rotation so probably around 3 months per cycle if i had to guess

I don't remember not paying a full price for this early access game 😅
So Kaz is admitting that the game is only half finished? Gotcha.
Why do I even waste my time around here. This place (and, to be fair, the internet in general) is like a day-care for children.

Have fun being entirely irrational and melodramatic 🙄

Be cool if there was a forum section for mature adults.

I feel this credit situation is going to be a sore spot for everyone for sometime to come. It is not going to be well received. This just makes the grind really unbearable with these changes not sure what the answer is for grinding credits.
Yh but at the same time if the developers continue to pull this trash then people won't play the game. It doesn't matter how good the game is people will not put up with it. There is been several games where people have stopped playing because of something like this. Most recent one being Halo Infinite. The game doesn't have much content and its full of micro-transactions. The game has lost 75% of its players on Steam within 1 month of launching.
World GT Series Championship still giving 450k+ in 45+min. I think this will be the way. Im waiting someone test events and see what is the best now.
Mite have to investigate before this gets nerfed aswell. They mite have missed it cos its not a main event 👀
It is fun racing. But when you have done the exact same race against the exact same AI more times then I can count because there is only a handful of races in this game that reward I would say a bearable amount of credits, but that would still not be accurate. Should I say that offer more credits then the other events, it begins to get boring. If the developers gave me loads more races and then lowered the credits then I wouldn't care because I would have more ways to earn credits anyway. But this game has 90 races in total and a huge majority of those are beginner campaign races or races that don't have good payouts. Gran Turismo 3 on the Ps2 has 180 races. That game came out in 2001. So a game made 21 years ago has more races then made 2 weeks ago?
You have played this game right and not thinking of something else?
There weren't any good ways to earn credits before the update (doing Fishermans Ranch several thousand times to be able to afford all the cars was never a good way to earn credits), and there aren't any good ways to earn credits after the update. I'll just leave my PS4 turned off till they release an update that makes the game playable.
Yh it wasn't a good way but it was a way none the less 😂 But you aren't wrong. A good way to earn credits would be a variety of races to choose from that all had nice rewards. But if they add more races then people will be focused on those and not spending money on those juicy micro-transactions.
Exactly the same ones as before, but they make you about 40% less money.
As if repeating the same races for 4 hours straight wasn't bad enough. I don't mind slow progression systems when there is a wide variety of content. But this game has such a small amount of races worth doing so we ar stuck repeating them and now we have to repeat them even more. They should have gave us more races at the same time as lowering the credits. If they didn't have more races prepared then the credits should have stayed the same until they did have them. At this point I am starting to think that they don't care about upsetting people?

Why do I even waste my time around here. This place (and, to be fair, the internet in general) is like a day-care for children.

Disagreeing with you in a forum is being "irrational" and "melodramatic"? I'm not in the business of being Kaz's white knight, I apologise if that bothered you.

EDIT: Insulting other people at the first sign of disagreement isn't exactly what I'd call mature, so you're giving yourself too much credit.

Last edited:

Just read the replies above your comment. About how dealerships have limited times and not everyone has a hole day to grind...

Back