• 34 comments

Jump_Ace

Compare Yourself To The Best Of Your Own Abilities
Staff Emeritus
United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
I'm looking to upgrade my Playseat Evolution that I bought new on Craigslist for $75 (something tells me it was 'hot' but a deal is a deal) back in 2008.

I'm looking at the RS1 Racing Seat made by Rseat and wanted to get some feedback on how comfortable the seat is, how adjustable the steering wheel plate is (tilting, front and back movement), etc.

It's a grand after shipping and so far it seems like a good seat with pre-drilled holes on the steering wheel plate and pedal plate. Also, the seat doesn't look uncomfortable like the CSL seat, that seat was ridiculously uncomfortably reclined forward and I had to return it.

So, what you RS1 owners? Good? Bad? Overpriced?

Jerome

Last edited:
I am happy with mine that I purchased in April of this year. The seat is a little thin on padding. So you may wish to order without the seat for a hundred bucks less and source your own seat. It is extremely solid and will not fall apart like the playseat. (I too was a previous playseat owner) There is plenty of adjustment in wheel, pedal and seat that I am comfortable for hours and hours of Gran Turismo.

Happy owner here as well. You can see my comment/pics in man cave thread.
Seat padding can be added if needed but it seems ok as it is. It is very solid. From latest ISR videos on youtube it seems that Darin has kept RS1 after initial review so it must be good compared to other simrigs as well.
One small thing that might be useful - with RS1 I ordered 1m black velcro for cable management (you can see it in my pics if look closely). Very useful since there is no option to run cables within those tubes.

I am happy with mine that I purchased in April of this year. The seat is a little thin on padding. So you may wish to order without the seat for a hundred bucks less and source your own seat. It is extremely solid and will not fall apart like the playseat. (I too was a previous playseat owner) There is plenty of adjustment in wheel, pedal and seat that I am comfortable for hours and hours of Gran Turismo.

Happy owner here as well. You can see my comment/pics in man cave thread.
Seat padding can be added if needed but it seems ok as it is. It is very solid. From latest ISR videos on youtube it seems that Darin has kept RS1 after initial review so it must be good compared to other simrigs as well.
One small thing that might be useful - with RS1 I ordered 1m black velcro for cable management (you can see it in my pics if look closely). Very useful since there is no option to run cables within those tubes.

Thanks for the info guys!

So question for both of you. I found the ISR review too and he mentioned that you can't slide the pedals all the way back. I like to have roughly 45 degrees tilt for my pedals, if I raise the pedal base to that angle, can I then slide the pedal base all the way back? Darin, like me is 6'4" (and slender) and we both like the wheel a little closer to our torso. So now I'm cautious about buying the rig. Since you can't slide the wheelbase plate forward and back, it's a must for me to be able to slide the pedals back to near the end, then slide the seat forward a little to bring the wheel closer to me.

Jerome

I have pedal base with CSP pedals at about 45 degrees and seating position similar to Darin's description.
Pedal base is at the end. I see that this might be a problem for some taller guys (I'm ~6').
I've taken some measurments and it's about 50cm to pedals (~20 inches) from seat front where your knees are and about 1m to the back of the seat with my current configuration.

Last edited:
I'm probably not much help as I'm 5'9". I can say my seat and pedals are in the middle of their travel.

I asked them about their return policy; mainly if I would have to pay to ship it back to them. I'm guessing I have like 7, 14 or 30 days to make up my mind if I wanted a return?

Jerome

Reviving an ancient thread but would like to find out if you went with the RS1 and if so what is your feedback and how is it holding up so far.
Thanks.

I'm looking to upgrade my Playseat Evolution that I bought new on Craigslist for $75 (something tells me it was 'hot' but a deal is a deal) back in 2008.

I'm looking at the RS1 Racing Seat made by Rseat and wanted to get some feedback on how comfortable the seat is, how adjustable the steering wheel plate is (tilting, front and back movement), etc.

It's a grand after shipping and so far it seems like a good seat with pre-drilled holes on the steering wheel plate and pedal plate. Also, the seat doesn't look uncomfortable like the CSL seat, that seat was ridiculously uncomfortably reclined forward and I had to return it.

So, what you RS1 owners? Good? Bad? Overpriced?

Jerome

Reviving an ancient thread but would like to find out if you went with the RS1 and if so what is your feedback and how is it holding up so far.
Thanks.

Heya,

Actually I haven't bought it yet. I plan to (99% sure I'll buy this one), but not for a while yet.

Jerome

Was watching that earlier. He got the Alcantara version. Cool. Don't like how low the gearstick sits. He also looks small in the seat.

I was also surprised when he said GT. Or is GT different to GT2 and 3?

Yeah finally..... Ironically, no one ever reviewed it but now simpit did.
That's the one i might go for (black Alcantara). Wish to get some feedback from someone because i heard the rig is really solid but the seat is uncomfortable (maybe only long people find it so? Or the leather seat could be different than the alcantara?)

Wish to get some feedback from someone because i heard the rig is really solid but the seat is uncomfortable (maybe only long people find it so? Or the leather seat could be different than the alcantara?)

That is the thing I've never liked the look of with most of these rigs for the prices. The seats never look comfortable for endurance. I love a real deep seat with your thighs at quite a steep angle. GT3 style.

18173983475_e8cde11c65_k.jpg

I'll copy my comment from youtubes here as well.

Former RS1 owner here (had it for 2 years) so I'll add few notes.
Biggest problem with this rig was pedal plate flex if you use high end pedals like HE Pro. There is a trick to fix this - flip the pedal plate around.
Also some minor complaints:
- seat bracket could have had mounting holes one level lower (I drilled few holes myself). Otherwise you sit a bit too high for my liking (not a GT position!);
- I'm using OSW DD wheel and my death grip caused wheel deck to 'move'/flex in specific cases (e.g. hard braking situations and what not);
- If running high forces with DD then whole rig rattles when you go offtrack or crash. On a positive side it's a buttkicker effect for free (no joke). Because of this my mouse would eventually fall off (only relevant if you have keyboard/mouse add-on).

All the positives were already mentioned by Shaun. If you don't run high end hardware then it's a really good rig, very well built, compact and with many add-ons. It also passed GF acceptance factor (meaning that it won a beauty contest between other rigs!).
However once you get in higher end equipment territory then 80/20 is the king.
(Equipment I use in signature.)

If there is no mistake then price is ridiculous.
For me this pedal plate upgrade kit shows 165 eur + VAT = 199 EUR. Plus shipping obviously.

I've had this seat for a year with near daily use with no issues whatsoever. Built to last. I use a G27/29 with shifter mount. Other than it smelled like fresh paint when I received it, after it finally aired out I've got absolutely no complaints.

I've had this seat for a year with near daily use with no issues whatsoever. Built to last. I use a G27/29 with shifter mount. Other than it smelled like fresh paint when I received it, after it finally aired out I've got absolutely no complaints.

Good to hear because i am seriously about to pull the trigger on the AC version with the S3 TV stand.
:gtpflag:

Yeah, I put in my on-line order last (Good) Friday. Went for the Assetto Corsa version with KB/Mouse attachment.
Using Thrustmaster T300RS/TH8RS combo with G27 pedals. Very impressed with build quality and rigidity of frame.

I'm six foot four and 247 lbs. I don't think I'll ever need another rig. I may add buttkicker one day.
The reviews I've read and seen indicate that the RS1 is a very solid product.

I own an RS1 and while it has some issues it's a decent rig. Main problem I have are the mountain points underneath. They apparently are for movement. I only use them for caster wheels and half the inserts just spinn in their holes. I don't know what folks do that want movement do?

It is not powder coated. (only easily scratched spray paint) The mounting points under the rig are only 8mm, seems 10mm better.(and some sort of welded design perhaps)

The powder coating is a lie and frame inserts are a joke. Aside from that, it is a solid rig. I do enjoy it though and use it almost every day.

Edited: for my harsh comments, because I still use it and it is extremely stable. However, some few buyers will use the threaded holes on the underside of the rig, beware. I only installed casters, and they flop like fish. No structural integrity.

Last edited:
I just finished assembly of my Assetto Corsa RS1. Solid as advertised. Not hard to assemble. And I agree with K1LLD0zeR, not powder coated. Kind of a glossy black finish. However, my driving got better as soon as I finished installing the wheel pedals and shifter (All Thrustmaster) at their mount points. Rock solid. I did notice some flex of the gear shift mount. But nothing that will ruin your drive. In fact I am nit picking.

The wheel mount is just excellent. Zero flex. And I feel no pedal flex at all. This thing is monster.
The seat is very comfortable. And the keyboard/mouse tray comes in handy for me.

To me it's more than worth the money. I might complain about the lack of a cable routing system.
But I can fix that with Velcro and double sided tape. I paid $1050.00 USD. The various red parts and the logo on the seat are nice touches. But the selling point is solidity and versatility that the different add-on's provide.
Once adjusted to fit you, there will be no regrets. It's a quality piece.

Had my RSeat about a month. Loving it. Considering the pedal pro upgrade because I'd like to get some HPP PHT or PRX or HE Pros at some point in the near future. Anybody use either of those pedals? Would it still flex if the pedal deck was flat and not on an incline?

It's still flexing a bit with HE Pro pedals if you flip the pedal plate over allowing it to sit flat on the floor.
And brake stiffness to lowest level by the way (not that you'd want to use stiffest rubber anyway).
If you consider spending (have) money on Pro upgrade and high end pedals I'd suggest don't do it and go 80/20 rig.

It's still flexing a bit with HE Pro pedals if you flip the pedal plate over allowing it to sit flat on the floor.
And brake stiffness to lowest level by the way (not that you'd want to use stiffest rubber anyway).
If you consider spending (have) money on Pro upgrade and high end pedals I'd suggest don't do it and go 80/20 rig.

I was going 80/20 but my wife nixed the idea, so I went with RSeat instead because it's attractive and has a really good design.

Oh well...went with black and skipped the tv stand.
Rseat RS1 Black (Button box/tablet + Keyboard/mouse trays) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Rseat RS1 Black (Button box/tablet + Keyboard/mouse trays) by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Rseat RS1 Black by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Rseat RS1 Black by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Setup updated with Alienware AW3418DW:

Alienware 21:9 G-Sync with Rseat RS1 by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

First lap with Alienware 34” 21:9 G-Sync by M-Bimmer, on Flickr

Quick look: Rseat RS1 with Alienware 34” G-Sync (21:9)

Last edited:
Hey guys, looking to buy one of these rigs, is it possible to put the rig on caster wheels. I need to be able to move it throughout my house .

Back