Anyone still play GT4?

I’ve nailed a few dead on the time. Even equalled a few in 7. But in 4 you feel like you lost it then bang. Equalled or a fraction under.
Well done.

That was my first complete lap.
All licenses achieved, mix of gold and silver, I’ll go back here and there and change them all to gold.

God I LOVE GT4.
97473DA9-74C8-4400-88B2-9C80F5B1EE3B.jpeg

I admit I could never gold the cone ones or manage mission 34. So I grabbed a save with these done. I have to get used to how gt4 feels on a different system. Once I’m done I will go and start a new save and do them in their own right . But for now I’m happy trying to get to the enduros. I am on sick leave so between visits to hospital I can run-all of them in a spec

I pretty much 100% the game this year with a new save and my garage reached the 1000 car limit so yeah I still play it a lot regardless of the garage limit next to what I'm currently playing heavily aka Project Cars 2.

I’ve been running GT7. I have every car and my bank account is maxed. GT7 has a better look, feel and sound but has no soul or joy. Went back to GT4 on my PS2 and started from scratch…instant smile on my face. Absolute best of the series for me, love it!

I took a pretty long hiatus from video gaming in general. Also when I fired up the PS4 it was either a system update, or a GT Sport Update, or both, and then I forgot to charge the controller 🤦‍♂️

On a rainy day recently I’ve decided to dust off the PS2 and start GT4 on a new save and this time round, I’m treating it like a video game and not so much as a sim and I’m having a blast.

Doing driving missions and license tests, progressing through the races by the prize cars I’ve won, buying all the 10km used cars I can get a hold of… it’s a hoot!

I even came to appreciate the Rallye license tests!

Have to say the game held up really well in 480p and, together with TOCA 3, I’m finding more excitement than I’ve expected.

Back to GT4 again. It’s kind of a hassle switching wheels back to the DFGT but 🤷🏻‍♂️. I still have way more fun here than GT7, can’t get enough of the tracks in 4. El Capitan forever 🥰

Yeah, I do remember most of the tracks on GT4. I wish PD would bring Silverstone back. The Autumn ring was a nice mini track to race at. Ice Arena was awesome, I miss the fun and action.

I'm currently playing GT7 (2nd playthrough :)) really, really enjoying it! but GT4 is calling me back, i just need to pick up DFGT now and crack on....

I wish gt4 was on Blue-ray and a Playstation 4 disc because I would pick it up somewhere if I could find it. Gamestop, Walmart, BestBuy, etc.

I wish gt4 was on Blue-ray and a Playstation 4 disc because I would pick it up somewhere if I could find it. Gamestop, Walmart, BestBuy, etc.
I would love that as well. I hate having to swap wheels to play it but it’s definitely worth the hassle.

I’ve just started GT4 all over again from scratch and I plan to 100% it as much as possible. This time, I won’t be using the ultimate cheats disk, will be playing it as if it’s 2005 all over again. Copied my other save with unlimited money onto my other memory card.
Also started with the Mirage ‘97, the car is more fun than I remember.

Last edited:
Man I miss GT4 so bad and the extra challenges the game provided for us. Those were the good old days with the ps2.

Last edited:
I installed PCSX2 on my laptop and downloaded a 100% GT4 Game save, so finally I can play GT4 with whatever car I want on any track/mode I want, in solid HD quality on a big TV.
Two days ago I finished 200 miles of New York in Nissan GTR Tokyo Concept Car as fifth. It was great fun though.
At the moment I am in the middle of 200 miles of El Capitan I noticed already in NY that the Nissan GTR Tokyo Concept Car is much better than I expected so I sticked to it. At the moment I am in the middle of the field. Found out that the SH tires in front and SS in the rear are a great combo. GT4‘s AI is much more ignorant than I remember, so it’s a good idea to avoid them and to predict their driving lines.

Cool fact about PCSX2 is that you can save (several) states of the game and continue there whenever you want. That makes the 24 hours races doable

Latest Posts

Back