Anyone still playing 6?

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 74 comments
Well I play Forza Motorsport 6 Apex since I don't have a Xbox one atm
It's good and gives me a feel of what Forza 6 could be like on PC, but Forza 6 Apex is like a demo and the content isn't enough turn10 could've released the full Forza 6 for PC

On that subject - should I buy VIP? The last few reviews are all 1-star, saying that it doesn't work and they never received the rewards and cars they were supposed to? I want to increase my race rewards as I have the vast majority of career mode left to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should've known that even numbered iterations of Forza are always better.

I love FM6 but had to put it away when I retired my Xbox One for PC playing. If only FM7 was as fun and compelling to play. I wish there were a way to play 6 on my PC. Perhaps I should stump up for the extra cars in Apex. :nervous:

I should've known that even numbered iterations of Forza are always better.

I love FM6 but had to put it away when I retired my Xbox One for PC playing. If only FM7 was as fun and compelling to play. I wish there were a way to play 6 on my PC. Perhaps I should stump up for the extra cars in Apex. :nervous:

FM7 is in many ways better than 6. I just can't go back to 6 now because the physics improvements in FM7 have spoilt me. FM6 now feels too arcadey.

Without a 4k patch (which is unlikely) FM6 looks rough in my Xbox One X, so except for its menu presentation and Toyota's there are not many incentives to go back. When I run out of storage, FM6 is a prime candidate for deletion.

Hahah, yes I recently deleted it myself to free up some space. I know, the jaggies can be kind of hard to ignore especially since FM7 looks so smooth and clean. I'm over the Supra BTW, because AC's version is where I get all my kicks.

I just picked this up as I saw it cheap at a local EB. Its a shame the DLC is no longer available to buy as I'd be happy to do so especially the Porsche pack. The game updates are still active as are created content (my first car is a FD RX7 with a cool RMagic livery). Maybe its just me but the game seems brighter and more vibrant then FM7.

Looking forward to driving the GT-One again :)

I've just gone back to it to get some vinyl shapes to import into H4, but giving the cars a try has reminded me that it's a good feeling sim on an Xbox pad and the graphics are still pretty good for an OG Xbox One.

yep I still play it and really need to finish up more races, i was late to Forza 6 got it before Forza 7 with Xbox One S, love the music and menu still a great game.

Yeah I'm still playing in 2021. The music, graphics in certain departments, races, sounds, menu's... almost everything apart from content obviously feels so much better in FM6 compared to FM7. Best FM game on the Xbox One imo.

Last edited:
I've been playing FM7 and FH4 nearly every day. I keep telling myself that I need to play some FM6, but I keep forgetting. I last played last summer, there was still some decent online racing going on.

Yeah I'm still playing in 2021. The music, graphics in certain departments, races, sounds, menu's... almost everything apart from content obviously feels so much better in FM6 compared to FM7. Best FM game on the Xbox One imo.

I've been getting in deep into the career mode of FM6 and I have to say its much more enjoyable then 7.

For one (and this is a big thing for me) the game is so much brighter then 7. Not a fan of the darkness of 7 even if its supposed to be more realistic. That brightness adds a lot to the enjoyment of the game no matter where you are and whatyou're doing.

The music is a lot more suited to Forza then 7's generic rock. I turn off the music in 7 but 6's music especially in the menus is enjoyable and adds good atmosphere to the game.

The higher class cars seem to be easier and more enjoyable to drive with assists turned off.

There's no homologation in career mode just the PI restrictions. This lets you be creative with upgrades.

There's still the older LMP cars like the GT-One, Bentley and Audi R8. The GT-One around The Glen is just a joy.

The Brazil homespace is bright and airy unlike the single homespace in 7 which is just too dark.

The only downside is I've gotten into the game after all the DLC was taken off the store. I just wish there was a Ultimate edition on disc like FM3.

When I saw 6 and 7, I was thinking about two teams like COD had. One team did 4 and 6 and other one 5 and 7 :D 7 is great from content perspective but fails a lot as a game. For instance, Porsche DLC is exactly what I want in games. 6 is still great even after release of 7.

Last edited:
This thread is interesting to me because I'm in a racing funk right now.

I have PC2 and AC and ACC and f120 and on the PS4.

Last year I bought Forza Motorsport 7 when I bought an Xbox just to play that game.

My biggest problem with every single one of these racing games is that the AI never really make mistakes.

For you guys with all the experience playing 6, can you remember if you ever experienced the AI making mistakes?

I don't mean just piling up on turn one or something like that but even later in the race going off because someone missed their braking point or two cars tangling and spinning, things like that.

EDIT: well, it won't matter what the answer is anyway because I went into the xbox games store and it said that 6 was not available to purchase

Last edited:
EDIT: well, it won't matter what the answer is anyway because I went into the xbox games store and it said that 6 was not available to purchase
No more FM6? Sorry for the necropost but I think that's my last reason to buy an Xbox Series console for Horizon 5 gone out the window. Will play on PC instead.

[EDIT] I checked the store and Apex Premium is gone too. Luckily I still had a purchase for the base Apex game to load up for nostalgia purposes.

Last edited:
Yeah, FM6 went end-of-life in 2019 (wow, that feels like an eterity ago now) and the DLC became no longer available (RIP the Pontiac Aztek and the Domino’s-sponsored IndyCar); the digital versions of the game went along with.

Just a heads up - the servers for this game have been down for about 2 weeks, so no online, tunes, designs, rivals etc are available.

However, FM5 online is patchy on and off but online still available on that game.

So you can do 5 or 7, but not 6. Yeah, that's very logical...

Bearing in mind, FM7 has had ZERO input for a year prior to being discontinued in September (I dont count the online rival "events" where someone from marketing got someone "famous" to drive a car) - no updates to the version number so no updates to the programme you're playing.

Aside from the multiplayer private testing, Forza Motorsport in my opinion has been for 18 months now just...

tumbleweed... (gif thing not working 😅)

It's been 6 weeks since my last post here, so I hope this isn't classed as a double post.

Just to update people that, over the last couple of days, the online of FM5, FM6 and FH2 seems to be very intermittent but it's not down fully like it was before.

I was able to access messages and download 2.4m credits from Forza Rewards which appeared as one single gift message on each one. That enabled me to buy the Shelby Cobra in FM5 which I need for the "beat a Ferrari" achievement, and a couple of hypercars in FH2 (I only have 11 cars left to buy in that game now, but the top 3 are around 5m each, so realistically I'm just aiming to pick up the other 8 outstanding cars for "completion").

No more FM6? Sorry for the necropost but I think that's my last reason to buy an Xbox Series console for Horizon 5 gone out the window. Will play on PC instead.
How wrong I was. It still plays fine on Series X.

I still do play it from time to time. Wish the AI was racing more clean though, especially in faster cars. Some tracks are total chaos, especially first turn at Long Beach where they are complete morons.

It's a shame that such well made game has AI this bad. The graphics are still good, though with visible aliasing (wish they made it 4k on Series X like FH1), car sounds are good as well. There aren't many bugs. FM7 has way better Free Play but still FM6 seems like way more polished game. It's like they put a lot more love into it. If only the AI was good. Sometimes I may have a decent race and be happy about the game, only to pick another track and have the game turn into WreckFest wannabe. The quicker cars and more technical track the worse they get.

It's been 6 weeks since my last post here, so I hope this isn't classed as a double post.

Just to update people that, over the last couple of days, the online of FM5, FM6 and FH2 seems to be very intermittent but it's not down fully like it was before.

I was able to access messages and download 2.4m credits from Forza Rewards which appeared as one single gift message on each one. That enabled me to buy the Shelby Cobra in FM5 which I need for the "beat a Ferrari" achievement, and a couple of hypercars in FH2 (I only have 11 cars left to buy in that game now, but the top 3 are around 5m each, so realistically I'm just aiming to pick up the other 8 outstanding cars for "completion").
Ah, so you had already bought the VIP DLC. Wise man! Not so lucky here. By the time I wanted to purchase the VIP cars they had already retired it.
I still do play it from time to time. Wish the AI was racing more clean though, especially in faster cars. Some tracks are total chaos, especially first turn at Long Beach where they are complete morons.

It's a shame that such well made game has AI this bad. The graphics are still good, though with visible aliasing (wish they made it 4k on Series X like FH1), car sounds are good as well. There aren't many bugs. FM7 has way better Free Play but still FM6 seems like way more polished game. It's like they put a lot more love into it. If only the AI was good. Sometimes I may have a decent race and be happy about the game, only to pick another track and have the game turn into WreckFest wannabe. The quicker cars and more technical track the worse they get.
FM 5 and 6 are the best Motorsport games they have made for the Xbox One, IMO. The love and passion for cars and racing truly reflects in every aspect of the game, particularly sounds. FM 7, not so much. It's largely driven by features and content but whatever. It offers a nice change from other driving games and should act as a decent base for the next Forza Motorsport game

I have returned to FM6 on my series S and it really shines there. Quick resume is a game changer, everything loads quickly, framerate is smooth, graphically it still holds, presentation is classy, background music is fine, the rain effects are crazy and much better than in FM7, it even has real drafting! (this was after an update.) And my favorite part? I won the 2 expansions by participating in the first Forza Championship all those years back!

I don't know why but I prefer the race experience on 6 more than I do 7. 7's graphics hover around the uncanny valley and the dull lighting doesn't help. When Forza 202x comes out I think I'll be ditching FM7 before FM6. Always wait for the even numbered release seems to be my Forza Motorsport motto.

I've just finished the career mode of F7, just got a few rivals I want to finish up. This talk about 6, hmmm I might revisit.

Last edited:
I don't know why but I prefer the race experience on 6 more than I do 7. 7's graphics hover around the uncanny valley and the dull lighting doesn't help. When Forza 202x comes out I think I'll be ditching FM7 before FM6. Always wait for the even numbered release seems to be my Forza Motorsport motto.
Even numbers eh? FM 5 has been one of their most technically brilliant titles to date.

Back