Anyone still playing 6?

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 74 comments
Yeah comes and goes. Kinda stays okay if I don't play too many driving games. Tricep exercises seem to make it worse, only some. But never pressing movements, oddly.
That sucks mate sorry to hear it. The worse I get is a sore thumb sometimes.

Lately I've been playing Forza Motorsport 6 quite a bit. One of the most annoying things to me has been AI - they are maniacs. They crash a lot and do stupid mistakes that look like are done intentionally. You can however play the game a bit differently which makes racing with AI quite entertaining. Well, at least to me. :lol: Here are my tips:

- Start from a last place if you can. Use mod that puts you in the back of the grid if you have one. I use "Long Shot" which also disables rewinds.

- Starting last is key to survive the beginning of the race without contact. Few first corners is where the most carnage occurs. It's a lot like playing online. For first few corners definitely stay in the back, the AI cars will become a bit more separated which will make for better racing later.

- Avoid contact by all means, apparently this makes the AI adapt and drive less dirty but I'm not sure. I still try to drive as clean as I possibly can. If you play in Free Play, make your races last around 15 to 20 minutes so you can take your time with overtakes. Don't go too high with difficulty. I find overtaking AIs without contact to be quite fun because they may block you quite a bit and are unpredictable. I usually restart the race if I hit an AI car, this will not be for everyone but it makes for some intense racing as you try your best to keep it clean.

- NEVER trust the AI. Don't stick behind them for too long, they may brake at weirdest moment, don't get too close. ALWAYS leave some space. Stay aware to avoid sudden crashes.

- Avoiding crazy AIs can be part of fun. Keep track of the arrows around and if AI divebombs you, let them pass. You'll catch them later.

- Just enjoy the race even if you don't win! I sometimes moved only few places from the start to the finish but I wasn't mad because the racing was actually... fun. In a weird way but somehow, someway I was having fun. Taking LMP cars around Alps with those crazy AIs around you can really get your adrenaline pumping. You feel like some kind of racing superhero as you avoid the crashes and get those clean overtakes.

That game may never ever replace sim racing titles I enjoy on PC but it can honestly be interesting to enjoy every once in a while.

Last edited:
Gonna fire up FM6 later tonight for some fun.

Anyone know how to start my career again without deleting the entire game from my XB1? Would love a fresh start.

Sure, in the manage game option, go to saved files, and under reserved space, there is your current game data, only delete that, and you will restart your career.
I did that and was able to start again.
Due to my game history (across all FM games I assume), I was given a bunch of cars and… no joke… 5.1m credits 🤣

Was kind of annoyed at that as I like starting with very little and working my way up. But still, I can buy a couple of super expensive cars to reset my balance.

Having a lot of fun nonetheless.

Update - worked my way through a few series so far, have around 5m credits, loads of cars, and having so much fun.

The rivals part alone is honestly years of playing time. Why play any other game? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Update - worked my way through a few series so far, have around 5m credits, loads of cars, and having so much fun.

The rivals part alone is honestly years of playing time. Why play any other game? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is how I feel about 7. There's so much content and like you said, rivals.. massive games. Ive had a lot of fun playing 7 recently, trying to get as much in as possible before 8 releases on GP. When that happens Im all in from launch !

I occasionally fire it up and grind out a series. I haven't completed all the showcases yet as I have a short attention span so struggle with endurance races. Still, it's good to go back to now and again. I play FM7 nearly every day.

I know the new game is coming out but in a way I'm glad that it's seemingly being delayed because even after completing the main career in FM5/6/7 there's still so much to do and fun to be had.
I feel that I wouldn't revisit once 8 comes out so it's giving me time to fully enjoy these 3.

Last edited:
I know the new game is coming out but in a way I'm glad that it's seemingly being delayed because even after completing the main career in FM5/6/7 there's still so much to do and fun to be had.
I feel that I wouldn't revisit once 8 comes out so it's giving me time to fully enjoy these 3.
Each game has 90% of the same cars. They just drip feed them to you in a different order. It's why I still play FH4 and haven't even bought FH5. I would honestly feel like a dumbass trying to "earn" the same cars I can already drive in FH4. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Each game has 90% of the same cars. They just drip feed them to you in a different order. It's why I still play FH4 and haven't even bought FH5. I would honestly feel like a dumbass trying to "earn" the same cars I can already drive in FH4. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I do. Especially when the driving mechanics are so much improved over 4. I feel like I can finally drift in the newer game.

Back on topic, I still have FM6 on my console until I can find a hard disk to hive it off onto. I'd like to get some more of the single player campaign done before then though. Ditto 7.

Last edited:
Well by resetting my progress all the free cars are not anymore, and the VIP doesn't work either. But Forza throws millions of credits your way even without all that so I don't really mind.

Back