Anyway to share tracks outside of GT5?

• Thread starter ProjectVRD
  • 7 comments
Anyway to share tracks outside of GT5?

I was wondering if tracks can be exported to the XMB and then uploaded somewhere?

1) No. Unfortunately, you can't hardly even share them inside the game since GT5 lacks adequate sharing features. If Forza had GT5's track generator, we could share tracks with the entire Forza community and share several at once, but with GT5 we're limited to spamming message boards promoting our tracks and then having to swap friend requests with anyone willing to bite, and then only sharing one track at a time.

2) I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with this, if you were able to share them as you desired. Do you mean for other people to simply download the files to their PS3s and play them in GT5 or do you think you can use that track data outside of GT5? If it's the latter, that wouldn't even come close to working since the files just contain tidbits of information that tells GT5 how to generate the track in the game rather than being a polygon-by-polygon and texture-by-texture track model.

2) I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with this, if you were able to share them as you desired. Do you mean for other people to simply download the files to their PS3s and play them in GT5 or do you think you can use that track data outside of GT5? If it's the latter, that wouldn't even come close to working since the files just contain tidbits of information that tells GT5 how to generate the track in the game rather than being a polygon-by-polygon and texture-by-texture track model.

I am trying to create a GT5 League but the tracks will be all custom tracks, if I was able to put these tracks up on the internet for others to download it would be an extra incentive for them to join as they could then download them all and start practising straight away.

I am trying to create a GT5 League but the tracks will be all custom tracks, if I was able to put these tracks up on the internet for others to download it would be an extra incentive for them to join as they could then download them all and start practising straight away.

I dont have the link for the league but there is one similar on this forum. They meet up in the middle of the week and share that weeks track and they practice on it till race day.

Back