APEX | Classic Grand Touring Car Challenge | Saturdays @ 3PM GMTDraft 

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 73 comments
  • 4,045 views
Messages
9,310
England
Norwich,Norfolk
Messages
GTP_DaxCobra
25juq06.jpg

2s8iu1f.jpg


Saturday Afternoons at 3PM GMT.


8 Cars. 6 Weekends. 1 Winner.


Can you face the Challenge?​



349ean8.jpg

NOTE: No Rear Wings are allowed on the cars. Aftermarket Wheels must be used.​


2cyjvnr.jpg
vqi9au.jpg
30dbcsm.jpg
inub9g.jpg
2q21qia.jpg
33jihoj.jpg
2qcfqcm.jpg
2ebwl1f.jpg




29nurti.jpg


To be Announced Later...











Sign Ups:


DaxCobra

DrivingForce

Quantum_H4i

FordMKIVJ5

Phouchg

Damon Hill

perdy450

Downhill Dino

JackArgent
​
 
Last edited:
Car List updated!
 
Last edited:
Nice. 👍

Racing brakes will mean I'll need to test before deciding on the car. Some just lock up instantly, some don't.

Did you spec the cars with aftermarket wheels on? As if you did it might be worth forcing the use of them. There's a bug on cars with a wider section rear tyre so that when aftermarket wheels are added the rear tyres become the same width as the fronts. :indiff:
 
Last edited:
Nice. 👍

Racing brakes will mean I'll need to test before deciding on the car. Some just lock up instantly, some don't.

Did you spec the cars with aftermarket wheels on? As if you did it might be worth forcing the use of them. There's a bug on cars with a wider section rear tyre so that when aftermarket wheels are added the rear tyres become the same width as the fronts. :indiff:

Yeah I did test them with aftermarket wheels... great...
 
Rear wings = the demon spawn?

That's what Dax seems to be telling everyone. :p
 
Rear wings = the demon spawn?

That's what Dax seems to be telling everyone. :p

Duh. They are urrrglleeyyy



I'll get working on the tracks now. Then sign ups will open.
 
Just wondering, isn't the Cobra a whole deal faster than a Giulia Sprint or 2000GT?
 
Just wondering, isn't the Cobra a whole deal faster than a Giulia Sprint or 2000GT?

I tested these cars to within 2 tenths of eachother between the whole range.


If you must know the Alfa is faster than the Cobra, and the 2000GT matches it.
 
In other words, they're technically uneven. :mischievous:

Well it doesn't matter, the one you want to be looking at is the Camaro as it's the only one that doesn't want to murder the driver. ;)
 
Hello everyone. :)
 
Ah sounds real nice, when do you think this could get going? saturdays are busy days. :P I'd love to join though, just needs to know if it fits with my other races..
 
Ah sounds real nice, when do you think this could get going? saturdays are busy days. :p I'd love to join though, just needs to know if it fits with my other races..

Another month, I guess...
 
Hmm, then with a bit of luck I might only miss one race.. 22nd-23rd Februari is the Nurburgring 24 hours so I'll definitely miss any races that weekend. :p
 
Fair enough haha.
 
Racing brakes will mean I'll need to test before deciding on the car. Some just lock up instantly, some don't.

Apparently all cars just lock up really easily online in general. :rolleyes:

Tested and I'll definitely take a white/blue stripe GT350 when sign-ups open, and only be using 50% of my brake travel. :lol:
 
Hello all.

Sorry Dax, I can't make the start time I think.

Good luck.
 
Mmmm, to be fair i don't love the cars choice ( even tho when i was little my uncle had that Giulietta or a model or two after that one ) but i's good to see the usual folks talking here.
I'll think about this Dax, thanks for letting me know about this series.

Time to test that Giulietta then :cool:
 
Looks great! Can I sign up?
 
Looks good, Saturdays work very well.

But why have you used the S2 Europa when the Twin Cam is faster? Just wondering.
 
would be up for this with either the Alfa or the e type. just because they are gorgeous. but I'll need to have a go with them & see if I can keep them on the track at all!
 
Looks great! Can I sign up?

Of course you can! :) I will add you to the OP now.

Looks good, Saturdays work very well.

But why have you used the S2 Europa when the Twin Cam is faster? Just wondering.

Purely because the S2 is premium. No other reason really.

would be up for this with either the Alfa or the e type. just because they are gorgeous. but I'll need to have a go with them & see if I can keep them on the track at all!

Sounds good. :) Give me a shout when you have done some testing and made a deciscion.

Mmmm, to be fair i don't love the cars choice ( even tho when i was little my uncle had that Giulietta or a model or two after that one ) but i's good to see the usual folks talking here.
I'll think about this Dax, thanks for letting me know about this series.

Time to test that Giulietta then :cool:

They are all gorgeous, whats not to like?! You complain that we are all young'uns and then complain when we have some proper old school cars?? I can't win! ;)
 
Back