April DLC Thread - Out Now

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 628 comments
Just because someone dislikes the minivan, it doesn't mean they don't like variety at all, that is a complete exaggeration. It means that they don't like *gasp* just the minivan! Wouldn't that argument be considered a strawman anyway? Correct me if that's not the right term but part of me thinks it.

I, myself, couldn't have been more disappointed when I found out that a Soccer Mombile of all things was coming to FM7, but I'll try it and see how useless or useful it may be, just as I do with all the DLC cars.
Oh I see, so it’s just a simple overreaction. Gasp indeed.

There was a time where Forza had a good bit of everyday cars like that. I’d be excited to see it happen again.

By posting that Reddit is steaming because the inclusion of a minivan, and that they dont like variety? What exactly is extreme about that? Whether the class system is your issue or not with how these cars are introduced, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's adding to the game things that aren't in any game, nor is the class of car it is, either. Therefore increasing the variety, even if the class system is broken.

So again, it seems like they just like grasping at things that aren't said. Literally.

I'll repeat, his oversimplified statement got the reply it deserved.

Ok, but you just claimed that it's because of the classing system itself. So what goal post is going to move next I wonder?

What? Where? Not really.

Oh the Modern SUV division. The one that has a Nissan Juke racing against high horsepowered, massive, SUV's? That must mean that the game no longer has variety, because a car doesn't fit its class right? It's the only vehicle of its kind in a class of behemoths, when to be honest, it more resembles a pure hatchback than a straight SUV. The classing system needs a massive re-haul, as does the PI system, but that doesn't take away from the point the poster was making.

Remember, grasping at things that weren't said is frowned upon.

So lets talk about the Levante. Or the Greenwood Corvette and the GTP-ZX.
I have to admit I am actually looking forward to driving the Levante. Yes, there are five other very sexy cars in that pack, but for some reason, I'm really intrigued by the Levante.

I do wonder how the Levante will stack up against the other trucks in that division. Probably better than the Cherokees, and probably not as good as the Porsches.

I'm mostly interested in comparing the 166 Inter Sport to the 166MM and the 944 Turbo to 944 Carrera GTS.

I do wonder how the Levante will stack up against the other trucks in that division. Probably better than the Cherokees, and probably not as good as the Porsches.

Trucks? Please tell me that was a typo. :scared:

SUVs, trucks, it's all the same. Neither are bought by the masses to do what they're designed to do, anyway. :lol:

What? Where? Not really.
You brought up the divisions and where it’s placed at as a reason as to why it’s not actually varied, than went on to say that you just don’t like the car basically.

Remember, grasping at things that weren't said is frowned upon.
It’s laughable that you even think it’s remotely the same as what you did, which was completely make up what the poster said :lol: oversimplication or not.

I extended your point about divisions, that the divisions mean didly squat for where it’s placed if the current system is all over the place as well. Come on man, its like you’re actually trying to be oblivious :lol:

You brought up that it’s lacking variety with it being misplaced into a misfit category, so I extended it to that to a car that doesn’t belong in its catagory either, using your logic as to why it’s the same thing.

Look, I'm only going to say this once, because I think it needs to be said.

Just block Nielsen and move on. They make good points, but it is obvious they have *some* sort of vendetta against T10 that isn't based on the season pass or car packs. And such vendetta is causing said good points, however few and far between they are, to fall by the wayside.

I did, and things here feel a lot better.

Just block Nielsen and move on. They make good points, but it is obvious they have *some* sort of vendetta against T10 that isn't based on the season pass or car packs. And such vendetta is causing said good points, however few and far between they are, to fall by the wayside.

Disagreeing with someone is not reason enough to block them, for me. I may be arguing but I don’t hate the guy. This is not causing any personal strain so I see no reason to jump to an extreme.

Well it has 424hp and weighs around 4700lbs so it would probably be more competitive against the Volvo XC90, the old Cherokee, the macan turbo and probably even the jaguar f pace.

You brought up the divisions and where it’s placed at as a reason as to why it’s not actually varied

That was an observation I made hoping to give that other poster some food for thought on that variety perspective. It wasn't meant to reflect my problem with the car.

...than went on to say that you just don’t like the car basically.

Yes, and mostly because it's a minivan. That's my only real problem with it.

It’s laughable that you even think it’s remotely the same as what you did, which was completely make up what the poster said :lol: oversimplication or not.

I extended your point about divisions, that the divisions mean didly squat for where it’s placed if the current system is all over the place as well. Come on man, its like you’re actually trying to be oblivious :lol:

Ok, noted. However, it very much came across like the jumping to conclusions stuff you just criticized me for.

You brought up that it’s lacking variety with it being misplaced into a misfit category, so I extended it to that to a car that doesn’t belong in its catagory either, using your logic as to why it’s the same thing.

All I said was that a minivan possibly going into the Forza Specials division is only going to encourage one-make races, which I consider to be less varied than whatever that could have been added to the existing and properly themed divisions instead. Then I said it preferably shouldn't be stretched into the Modern SUV division because a minivan doesn't belong there.

Please do if my contributions cause so much discomfort. Good lord. :rolleyes:

Disagreeing with someone is not reason enough to block them, for me. I may be arguing but I don’t hate the guy. This is not causing any personal strain so I see no reason to jump to an extreme.

Same. People usually get banned before I get around to blocking them, and this discussion doesn't even qualify for a warning as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
All I said was that a minivan possibly going into the Forza Specials division is only going to encourage one-make races, which I consider to be less varied than whatever that could have been added to the existing and properly themed devisions instead. Then I said it preferably shouldn't be stretched into the Modern SUV division because a minivan doesn't belong there.
To be honest, that is actually a perfect place for it right now as the GMC Vendura is there as well. Now they can actually make a catagory for it if they were inclined to.

To be honest, that is actually a perfect place for it right now as there is the GMC Vendura there as well. Now they can actually make a catagory for it if they were inclined to.

New divisions most likely won't happen before FH4 though. I'm fine with new divisions if it means cleaning up the more dispersed and confused ones. Still, the Honda Odyssey or vans in general probably never will become a go-to division of mine.

That said, it took me a while to accept the influx of Modern SUVs, but the fact that the division is rounding off rather thoroughly certainly helps. Besides, many of them wear top of the line performance badges making them fit for the race track. So right now it's an uphill battle for the vans and minivans, especially within the scope of FM7, hence I would have preferred nearly any other DLC car that could fit into existing divisions. For example, the new Civic Type-R... I drove one the other day and I would like to see how the experience translates into FM7.

Last edited:
I just suddenly had the idea, what if the Odyssey ends up being demoted to a traffic car in FH4 :lol:(maybe for the better)? Kind of like how the BMW 323i was one of the last DLC cars for FM6, but was only a traffic car in FH3.

....Yes I'm thinking of random stuff like this because of how drawn out the wait for this pack has been. That and I'm tired of all the apologetics going on here.

I just suddenly had the idea, what if the Odyssey ends up being demoted to a traffic car in FH4 :lol:(maybe for the better)?

I kind of wish Forza Horizon got rid of the annoying traffic cars. The Drivatars are still traffic after all. Besides, it never made sense to host a racing festival with pedestrian drivers in the crossfire. Ideally, the Odyssey should have been a car launching first time with the release of FH4, but the same can be said for the trucks seen in previous FM7 car packs. There's always the odd choice...

Kind of like how the BMW 323i was one of the last DLC cars for FM6, but was only a traffic car in FH3.

It was hard to see that BMW being degraded to traffic only.

So, insane probably not true theory time.

We haven't heard anything about expansions yet and one of the rumored things was a GRC expansion pack. In case you haven't been following the news, GRC is no more. Perhaps said pack was planned for April but due to the sudden collapse of the series they had to scramble to remove it from the update until they figure out what to do? The Tanner Foust event could have been originally intended to be a promotional event for the pack as well, but since they already had it set up they just continued with it.

Anyways, just a theory that popped into my head, I doubt there is anything to it.

Anyways, just a theory that popped into my head, I doubt there is anything to it.
It's not a bad theory. We're halfway through April and still no expansion. I can't remember when previous expansions were announced, but I doubt they were this late. It's possible if there was a GRC expansion planned, they could be trying to salvage it by removing all GRC branding and making it a more generic rally pack. Then again, if they had an agreement with GRC, they might get sued for abandoning it, just like Subaru. We just don't know what's going on.

It's not a bad theory. We're halfway through April and still no expansion. I can't remember when previous expansions were announced, but I doubt they were this late. It's possible if there was a GRC expansion planned, they could be trying to salvage it by removing all GRC branding and making it a more generic rally pack. Then again, if they had an agreement with GRC, they might get sued for abandoning it, just like Subaru. We just don't know what's going on.
And I hate that...THE UNKNOWN when all they have to do is make certain things KNOWN.

If it decided to drop today, which would be a surprise than if it was still MIA, what time would it go out, Forza DLCs aren't ones that go out around midnight PST are they?

Code:
- 1976 Chevrolet #76 Greenwood Corvette
- 1985 Nissan #83 Electramotive Engineering GTP ZX-Turbo
- 1948 Ferrari 166 Inter Sport
- 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
- 1980 Porsche 924 Carrera GTS
- 2017 Maserati Levante S
- 2018 Honda Odyssey

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm7_april_update

The April update for Forza Motorsport 7 arrives today, bringing brand new features, fixes and improvements based on community feedback, and a new collection of vehicles to the game. The update will roll out today beginning at 10 a.m. Pacific. Here’s a rundown of the highlights.

ad642061-1b2a-4f9c-ae0c-2c8a3596cb6f.jpg

Race Telemetry

[...]

When spectating a race, players can choose to engage a new “Race Info” panel, which lives in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. This panel includes a map of the current track, as well as information of where all players are on the track (represented by numbered and colored dots). Race spectators can zoom in or out of this track map to get closer look of where each competitor is.

Spectators using the “Race Info” panel can also bring up additional race statistics with a press of a button, including information on the current leader, as well as the player with the fastest lap time and the highest top speed. While this “Race Info” panel defaults to “on” at the start of a race, it can be toggled “on” or “off” at any time by the spectator.

Multiplayer Test Drive

[...]

Starting today, when you enter a Multiplayer lobby, you can spend your time test-driving your car on the track while the current race plays out, instead of merely waiting for the race to end. Players who choose to Test Drive will be alone on the track by themselves while the multiplayer lobby race is happening. Once the race ends, all players – including those in Test Drive – will be automatically pulled back into the lobby to prepare for the next race.

NOTE: The K1 Speed Car Pack is the final car pack included in the Forza Motorsport 7 Car Pass.

Latest Posts

Back