April DLC Thread - Out Now

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 628 comments
Are there any super special cars from the Nissan warehouse that we can reasonably expect in future DLCs?

I was amazed that the R91CP came to Forza 6 and it's great to see them continuing with stuff like the ZX Turbo, but I'm wondering if we might see things such as the R89C or the return of the R390s?

I think that should be it as far as classic Nissan racers. It seems they have all bases covered; a can am, a 60s vintage gt, 2 gtps, a GTO and a trans am. I'll even throw that Datsun 280zx turbo group 5 car in since I believe it uses a Nissan engine. I don't know if I'm missing anything but I think we are good lol. We now need a few newer Nissan race cars.

Oh how I hope Turn 10 modelled one of those 1990s JGTC Skylines while they were at the Zama Warehouse!

I get that variety is nice, but variety just for the sake of variety isn't necessary in my opinion. Sure you can brag about how your game has a Cadillac limo and some trucks, but it doesn't defeat the fact that so many more demanded and purposeful cars are missing. Perhaps we should get more cars that actually belong in a track racing game, like modern race cars and track cars, because you and I both know that a damn Colorado ZR2 is not the first thing that comes to mind when talking about track racing.
You're right about adding variety for the sake of variety isn't necessary. I also agree that adding trucks such as the Colorado ZR2 and Ram 2500 Power Wagon don't really make sense in FM7. However, those SUVs a lot of people in the Forza forums complain about do make sense for this game as they're meant to be taken on tracks. Think of them like the Ford F150 SVT Lightning or Dodge Ram SRT10; you wouldn't see those trucks touching dirt. Well, unless you're Jeremy Clarkson.

I wouldn't say no to a race spec Saurus for some potentially fun one-make racing. Zama has a later version on display along with a March-engined Saurus Jr. racer.

Also probably worth betting on one of several Laurals showing up one of these months.

I get that the SUVs aren't really meant for offroading....but come on, they aren't meant for the track either. They can add whatever they want, but considering the infinite backlash they've received and will still get, maybe T10 should reconsider what they put in DLC packs, there are so many more cars deserving to be in the game. Like I said before, I don't hate them myself, but they belong in Horizon, so we can do our pretend grocery getting and school run missions.

The trucks have no excuse however.

The SUVs belong in the game about as much as a Chiron does, in terms of likelihood of it visiting a track. The whole "it doesn't belong in a track racing game" argument tends to just be a cover for "I don't like X, I want Y".

If Turn 10's focus is on general car culture, ignoring hot crossovers isn't just bad from a mission statement perspective, but for business. Automakers no doubt want these vehicles in games.

Don't get me wrong, I find inclusions like the Ridgeline really silly, since there's no off-road options in the game. But the SUVs? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see how an XC90 stacks up against an early '00s hot hatch. These sorts of unlikely match-ups are exactly what drew me to Gran Turismo (and thus, this sub-genre) in the first place.

but come on, they aren't meant for the track either.

Which is exactly what makes them so much fun. That's always been a big part of the appeal to me when it comes to GT and Forza, taking a car that really isn't a track toy and blasting it around like it wasn't made for anything but track days (who hasn't thrown the WWII Wagen's around in GT5/6 at least once?).

There are plenty of super serious sims out there and they should stay that way. But having the option to add a little lunacy into the equation is a good thing in my view.

but considering the infinite backlash they've received and will still get, maybe T10 should reconsider what they put in DLC packs, there are so many more cars deserving to be in the game.

The problem is, no matter what they add there will always be people loudly shouting about how bad the car pack is and that there are "more deserving cars". Hell, even when they did the fan vote thing with Jalopnik there was quite a few people complaining about the cars that were added.

So who exactly are they supposed to listen to? Because there isn't anything approaching a consensus when it comes to what exactly the community wants.

I've had fun at times racing trucks against suvs. Tracks like Monza, homestead, circuit de catalunya, hockenheim, and Maple valley provide some great racing for trucks I find.

I get that the SUVs aren't really meant for offroading....but come on, they aren't meant for the track either.
Like what Slip said above me, whether or not they were meant for the track doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. That argument can apply for multiple cars Turn 10 has in FM7 and has added in past games. Lincoln Continental in FM4, the Cadillac Eldorado in FM4, Nissan Altima in FM2, or the Plymouth Fury. Like Northstar has said, that's what makes it fun though. Taking certain cars out of their comfort zone and pushing them around a circuit. If Turn 10 just stuck to just adding hypercars and racecars like what most of these people request, then the series would have become boring.

They can add whatever they want, but considering the infinite backlash they've received and will still get, maybe T10 should reconsider what they put in DLC packs, there are so many more cars deserving to be in the game.
Here is the problem with your argument, which is one I hear often in youtube comment sections. There are loads and loads of requests of different things for the Forza Motorsport & Horizon games, but Turn 10 will not ever be able to satisfy them all as they're so diverse. There's people that want normal cars like what they drive (I've heard someone request a Honda CR-V before, no joke), there's people that want more race cars, and then there's people that don't like race cars. They tried listening to community requests in the past, it didn't work. The best method of course would be trying to balance their car list to find the best possible way of satisfying multiple people.

Last edited:
So who exactly are they supposed to listen to? Because there isn't anything approaching a consensus when it comes to what exactly the community wants.
They could start by paying more attention to the wishlist thread. Hence the word "more" because they have added some cars that have been requested in recent years (BMW i8, Pagani Zonda R, Bugatti Chiron after 2 years of requests), but it seems like they could do better (Porsche 917, a bunch of supercars and hypercars it seems like they ignore, up to date versions of older cars in the game, up to date race cars, etc.).

They could start by paying more attention to the wishlist thread.

Even though I agree with you, it wouldn't solve the community backlash issue. The FM7 car wishlist on the official forum has 1,448 posts, even assuming each one was done by an individual person it's still a drop in the ocean compared the player base of Forza.

They could start by paying more attention to the wishlist thread. Hence the word "more" because they have added some cars that have been requested in recent years (BMW i8, Pagani Zonda R, Bugatti Chiron after 2 years of requests), but it seems like they could do better (Porsche 917, a bunch of supercars and hypercars it seems like they ignore, up to date versions of older cars in the game, up to date race cars, etc.).

I'd argue they've done a pretty solid job. Here's GTPlanet's own Suggestions forum, sorted by likes:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/cars.339/?order=first_post_likes

The number of cars on there in Forza in the first page? Over two dozen, less than 30, based on how loose you want to consider the models (the Testarossa, for example). The Toyotas obviously have disappeared, however.

GT Sport? Six, at my count.

I guess I'll stop the everlasting SUV drama here, I'll just be looking forward to the Nissan GTP ZXT's addition to FM7 : )

The news post that linked to this motivated me to check the MS Store to see how much FM7 is on PC, I (but not my wallet) was pleased to see it's discounted right now; Standard/Deluxe/Ultimate are down to £29.99/£38.99/£47.99, down from £49.99/£64.99/£79.99. I decided to get the Ultimate edition because I was on the fence about it at £80 so almost half price is good enough... I even uninstalled Doom to make space!

If there are so many hate comments relating to this car pack on its launch day, then I'm not surprised. Honestly, the Forza fanbase is, no offense, one of the WORST racing game fanbases in gaming history. On the Forza Subreddit, I get downvoted for defending the car packs.
The even crazy thing is that I am being accused of being a Turn 10 Studios employee for liking the car packs.

These types of responses make me DESPISE the Forza fanbase at times. The Forza Subreddit can be a war zone at times as well.

To be fair,if you looking for something positive on Reddit you either naive or just cherry picking and accusing Forza fans being worst,which makes you actually look even more worse.
Reddit in general is quite toxic no matter what,i spent 2000+ hours in Division and i can tell you that you are totally wrong about Forza fans being worst,as you clearly taking answers personally and just making bubble out of it.
Every game has they good fans and bad fans,but you trying to hard Forza fans look much worse.Go,visit GT Sport threads - you dont even need to visit Reddit for this,all you can find here,on GTP.
If Forza Reddit for you is bad,then boy oh boy - dont go to some shooters Reddits..

So, no more Toyotas or Porsches? I haven't seen any in a while.

I can see them doing another Porsche or two between now and the last FM7 pack (904, some flavor of 917, and maybe bring back the 911 GT1-98) but I can understand why T10 wouldn't really be enthused about having a tiny fraction of the Toyota, Lexus and Scion (and presumably Daihatsu and Hino, if they ever decided to branch out and include some of their models) lineups from which to choose. Seems like they could bring back the GT-One and add the RC F GT3 if they wanted to, though.

I was totally disapointed with the March car pack, i couldnt find any interest in these cars. That Nissan is another example of cars that are too similiar to some models already in the game. They pretty much all feel the same, so this wont make a huge difference to othee cars of that group anyway. Sometimes i get the impression Turn 10 is running out of ideas. Maybe its because Forza 7 is already bursting with cars and variety. But there is still so much left. They could add DTM or Super GT cars, for example and create a specific class for those. That could be something new and exciting for a change.

Since i own all three of the big racers, its an ongoing competition for me, and right now, i stick with PCars2 for the GT3 racing and GTS for these incredible fun Super GT cars and the VR time trials. No room left for Forza right now, but its up to Turn 10 to change that.

I was totally disapointed with the March car pack, i couldnt find any interest in these cars. That Nissan is another example of cars that are too similiar to some models already in the game. They pretty much all feel the same, so this wont make a huge difference to othee cars of that group anyway. Sometimes i get the impression Turn 10 is running out of ideas. Maybe its because Forza 7 is already bursting with cars and variety. But there is still so much left. They could add DTM or Super GT cars, for example and create a specific class for those. That could be something new and exciting for a change.

Since i own all three of the big racers, its an ongoing competition for me, and right now, i stick with PCars2 for the GT3 racing and GTS for these incredible fun Super GT cars and the VR time trials. No room left for Forza right now, but its up to Turn 10 to change that.
You're not saying that car variety is a bad thing, right?

They could add DTM or Super GT cars, for example and create a specific class for those. That could be something new and exciting for a change.

The thing is, adding stuff like that is easier said than done. DTM is seemingly exclusive to RaceRoom and SuperGT seems to be choosy with their license (the GT500 in FM7 doesn't have any of the official decals and I'm starting to think it was thrown in the GT division as a loophole).

I will say I find it annoying there aren't more current GT3/GTE cars in the game though. It seems they have good relationships with most of the manufacturers that are missing their current GT weapon (Audi, Ferrari, Honda/Acura, McLaren, Nissan) so it's odd that they only have the previous versions or none at all.

The thing is, adding stuff like that is easier said than done. DTM is seemingly exclusive to RaceRoom and SuperGT seems to be choosy with their license (the GT500 in FM7 doesn't have any of the official decals and I'm starting to think it was thrown in the GT division as a loophole).

I will say I find it annoying there aren't more current GT3/GTE cars in the game though. It seems they have good relationships with most of the manufacturers that are missing their current GT weapon (Audi, Ferrari, Honda/Acura, McLaren, Nissan) so it's odd that they only have the previous versions or none at all.

Yes, but at least they gave us the M6, the new RSR and a new Aston. Thats at least something and i hope they will add more new GT cars soon.

I dont get it why would DTM make themselves exclusive to raceroom. Literally exclusive licences make no sense. Its all about the money not sales. I doubt raceroom having DTM would sway lots of players to play raceroom.

I honestly think if T10 wanted to they could add at least a 2015-2016 Citroen dtm or the new VW gti dtm. And as for newer GT cars there is a few good ones that are missing but I have faith in two things; if monthly dlc continues until say September I think we should see at least a couple more GT cars. And another is if they decide to drop an IMSA expansion you can bet on a plethora of GT cars both new and old coming in. So let's hope.

The thing is, adding stuff like that is easier said than done. DTM is seemingly exclusive to RaceRoom and SuperGT seems to be choosy with their license (the GT500 in FM7 doesn't have any of the official decals and I'm starting to think it was thrown in the GT division as a loophole)

JAF seems to be very peculiar with their license. So far the only game featuring SGT cars with all their decals on is SEGA's World Drivers Championship, an arcade game which, IIRC, is exclusive to the Japanese market. This despite Gran Turismo being one of the main sponsors of the series (which explains why T10 doesn't get to put the latest GT500 models in the game, but doesn't tell us why Polyphony seems to be similarly limited). And we thought Porsche giving EA exclusive rights to their license was odd...

I honestly think if T10 wanted to they could add at least a 2015-2016 Citroen dtm or the new VW gti dtm

Citroen and VW are racing in the DTM now? Wow, I must've really been sleeping under a rock or something... :lol:

No suvs or trucks this time please. Fm7 has the worst car packs in history of Forza in My opinion. Horizon 3 had some great ones. But not so Much in fm7. They need to have more different cars in the packs. Sometime they need to learn

I have all 3 to. I Don't play Forza motorsport 7 Much anymore. I have Much more fun in gts. Fm7 is so full of bugs that it is crazy. The csr packs is horrible in My opinion to Much of the same cars each month. They need to do like gts that has more different cars in the packs.
But i guess PD care more about what cars fans want than turn 10

JAF seems to be very peculiar with their license. So far the only game featuring SGT cars with all their decals on is SEGA's World Drivers Championship, an arcade game which, IIRC, is exclusive to the Japanese market. This despite Gran Turismo being one of the main sponsors of the series (which explains why T10 doesn't get to put the latest GT500 models in the game, but doesn't tell us why Polyphony seems to be similarly limited). And we thought Porsche giving EA exclusive rights to their license was odd...

Citroen and VW are racing in the DTM now? Wow, I must've really been sleeping under a rock or something... :lol:
Oh man I'm way off. Im thinking of touring cars, my bad lol. :boggled::banghead:

Back