April Fool posts

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 72 comments

Create a Coupe d'or subforum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there was the infamous Adolph Hitler front page a few years back...
To be fair, that was someone else's video that @Jordan posted for a little smidge of levity on the occasion, rather than a GTPlanet original Poisson d'Avril gag.
For this April fools one of the mods/administrators should change their username to monster_man for the day
Yeah, that'd go really badly quite quickly.

Which is why we don't really "do" that sort of thing.

I believe he means the one about the "rumoured" PD speedboat sim "Coupe d'Or".
Sounds awesome, doesn't it? Of course unlike Tourist Trophy, you can easily use wheel and pedals to simulate control of the powerboats. E3 should be amazing.

Why are you guys discussing the new Coupe d'Or game here? This is an April Fools' thread, keep on topic guys..
:lol::bowdown:

The very idea that a news article written (at midnight on April 1st) by the site's most prolific poster would have a comments section absolutely full of April Fool's references & the Author would claim to have

No idea what you mean.

from all these clues

fall for that news article

:lol:

FrzGT
There is no thread for that. Somebody should make one.
I considered that earlier but didn't have the time to watch it.

Last edited:
a news article written (at midnight on April 1st) by the site's most prolific poster
I actually wrote it on March 22nd, but we needed to carefully fact check - not to mention possible legal concerns about blowing the cover on PD's new IP 2 months early.

I actually wrote it on March 22nd, but we needed to carefully fact check - not to mention possible legal concerns about blowing the cover on PD's new IP 2 months early.
I'm surprised that you published at such a suspicious looking time & that you hadn't noticed all the incredulous comments on the article.

Now that I know it's real I'm super excited. I can't wait to learn more.
I want a pirate style ship's wheel & telescope.
Thrustmaster will be working on that maybe?

Edit: Does this also mean GTP now has news articles about non GT games?

Coupe d'Or sounds fantastic. It's just a tad unfortunate the reveal seems to be subject to some criticism.

Will all boats have fully modeled cockpits?

Will the standard boats slyly put in as Easter eggs in Cote D'azur still be in?
X1-Suzuka-640x360.jpg

Coupe d'Or sounds fantastic. It's just a tad unfortunate the reveal seems to be subject to some criticism.

Will all boats have fully modeled cockpits?

Will the standard boats slyly put in as Easter eggs in Cote D'azur still be in?
X1-Suzuka-640x360.jpg
I hope there is a Special Event where you go fishing with the 2 lads from Trial Mountain & the Loch Ness Monster.

Never knew it has a movie adaptation:
La-Coupe-d-or-affiche-7794.jpg

Poll added. People please support. Its the first real sailing simulator.

:lol: If any of you gullible people that believe this just do a simple Google search, you will see its not real. Like I said in the comments section @Famine you're going to have to do better next time. :lol:

:lol: If any of you gullible people that believe this just do a simple Google search, you will see its not real. Like I said in the comments section @Famine you're going to have to do better next time. :lol:
Do better in what way?

Do you have some feedback about how it was written or the subject matter?

Reactions: hsv
I am utterly confused. I think it's fake, come here, and it's real?!? Nice one Famine. :lol: ;)

Do better in what way?

Do you have some feedback about how it was written or the subject matter?

Oh, no, not at all. It is a very well written article composed very intelligently. :bowdown: The subject matter is also most compelling, I'm impressed. :bowdown: Its the whole April Fools joke that I think you could have done better at. I mean, come on, creating a news story which can be easily Googled for its validity is just the wrong way to go in my opinion. Being the intelligent person that you are, I just expected a better April Fools from you, that's all. :)

Oh, no, not at all. It is a very well written article composed very intelligently. :bowdown: The subject matter is also most compelling, I'm impressed. :bowdown: Its the whole April Fools joke that I think you could have done better at. I mean, come on, creating a news story which can be easily Googled for its validity is just the wrong way to go in my opinion. Being the intelligent person that you are, I just expected a better April Fools from you, that's all. :)
What do you mean, April Fools Day? I know it's a strange IP and all but if anyone can render floaty physics it's PD.

GTPlanet is often the first to break news about Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital - sometimes well before Sony is ready to reveal the news itself - and we'll be a primary source on Google until other sites catch up.

As for April Fool... I'm not entirely sure how we'd do an April Fool about Gran Turismo. I mean, several people in the comments section suggested we should write about how the Course Creator has been released - but could you imagine the anger and blowback we'd cause if we did that? We wouldn't want the thousands that rely on GTP for GT news to excitedly rush to their consoles for an update that doesn't exist, nor would we want the sites that report on what we reveal to pick up that story and mislead their members too, giving GTP a reputation for posting falsehoods. Surely a good April Fool has to be light and cheer people up, not misleading and malevolent?

Reactions: hsv
GTPlanet is often the first to break news about Gran Turismo and Polyphony Digital - sometimes well before Sony is ready to reveal the news itself - and we'll be a primary source on Google until other sites catch up.

As for April Fool... I'm not entirely sure how we'd do an April Fool about Gran Turismo. I mean, several people in the comments section suggested we should write about how the Course Creator has been released - but could you imagine the anger and blowback we'd cause if we did that? We wouldn't want the thousands that rely on GTP for GT news to excitedly rush to their consoles for an update that doesn't exist, nor would we want the sites that report on what we reveal to pick up that story and mislead their members too, giving GTP a reputation for posting falsehoods. Surely a good April Fool has to be light and cheer people up, not misleading and malevolent?

:lol: Oh, your good at the convincing game, I'll give you that...another great post from you :bowdown: but you're trying to sell bull:censored: to a bull:censored:er and I'm just not buying it. :lol: I'll let you go on though and have your fun, hopefully this joke doesn't get too far out of hand. Nice chatting with you again Famine, always a pleasure. :)

It should be obvious now that @Famine is glossing over any suggestion that the article is an April Fool. His responses here are purely about the game & its launch & clearly do not dignify any accusations of falsehood with a direct response. Though admittedly, nobody has asked flat out & directly whether the article is based in truth.
This must be so that we don't get distracted by all of that talk & can concentrate on getting excited by the idea of racing speedboats. :dopey:

Well considering what this thread was called and what it's called now, one can put 2 and 2 together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back