The pack includes:

2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
2011 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale Zagato
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
2002 BMW M3-GTR
2012 Bowler EXR S
2011 Ford Transit SuperSport Van

Heeey badass pack there, love all of them. :) 6/6

Which car is the seasonpass car, the BMW M3 GTR?

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot about those FM4 cars being in the car packs, *Sigh* guess because I haven't played Horizon in months...

Last edited:
Three cool choices in the Transit, Bowler and Vanquish, but then two bland rehashes and a concept car. When you have an upgrade scheme and open roads, coupled with around 500 road cars at your disposal, there really shouldn't be such overblown cars. That M3 could easily have been the standard E46. If anyone wanted the GTR version they could have dropped in the E92 V8 and put the bodywork on it.

The cars for this game could have been a fair bit better.

I have a feeling that like one of the past DLC M3s, the M3 GTR will allow you to take it back to normal E46 spec with body kits.

What Scaff said. 👍

TZ3 Zagato concept and the new Vanquish as well? Oh yes. As for the rest it's just the same old rehashed FM4 stuff - especially the SSV which should have been in the game from da... do they not remember their own guidelines for cars being in the game? Why would you take a van—you know what? I'm done trying to find consistency here. :lol:

28156_10200372593576209_659670408_n.jpg

578217_10200372594456231_1102847609_n.jpg

The pack includes:

2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
2011 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale Zagato
1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR
2002 BMW M3-GTR
2012 Bowler EXR S
2011 Ford Transit SuperSport Van

Where did you find that trailer?

• 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK GTR -- Sweet. This brings back memories.
  • 2002 BMW M3-GTR -- I'm going to enjoy it anyway, but do we have enough BMW V8s in the game yet?!? I'm with VXR on this. :grumpy:
  • 2012 Bowler EXR S -- Nice! The first SUV I feel like taking on the rally stages instead of just crawling offroad on the main map.
  • 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish -- Blah.
  • 2011 Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale Zagato -- Eh.
  • 2011 Ford Transit SuperSport Van -- Okay.
Once again, about 50% for me. The lack of naturally-aspirated BMW sixes in the game is disturbing; I hope they decided to break their established pattern and offer a "downgrade" engine swap for the M3. I suspect Doog is right about the aero mods.

Might get the CSL bumper I suppose, which would be nice as the GTR used the CSL wheels.

Is this a final pack?
I was wrong; unfortunate news...
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/WIR_3_29_13
The April Top Gear Car Pack is the final monthly DLC Pack for Forza Horizon. I’d like to take a moment to recognize all the hard work that has gone into creating this amazing series of DLC cars for Horizon – it’s a true labor of love for everyone at Turn 10 and Playground Games. If you’ve found a new favorite car in one of the packs over the past few months, you’ve got those guys and gals to thank.

Now, April may be the end of monthly DLC but it’s not the end of Forza Horizon. Far from it, in fact! In addition to a bevy of community fun, including new Rivals events and more, we’ve still got some tricks up our sleeve with everyone’s favorite open-road racing game. All I can say for now is: Stay tuned.
Between the reduced car count per pack, and the upped Season Pass price, which clearly reveal Microsoft's reluctance to support Horizon DLC with as much confidence as FM4, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the monthly packs have run short, too. Bandwidth is apparently expensive for these things.

I can only hope that the last comment means another expansion or something significant instead of just fiddly social media events.

I got about 1 solid month out of Horizon before I just couldn't play it anymore. I haven't played in at least 3 months now, and I still have no desire to. I really think they missed the mark, and I feel the community has become bored with it as well. With the DLC lasting barely half a year, and this forum basically dead, they are going to really have to expand on the concept for the next game. The experience is very narrow, and the support was very lackluster. They call the DLC packs a labor of love, but I disagree with the labor part. Only a few genuinely new cars, and aside from the rather uninspiring rally mode, no substantial new content either. There is a real lack of theater and vitality in Horizon. I always felt hemmed into a far too small amusement park of generic roads that had little to no bearing on reality. To put it simply, Horizon was boring and uninspiring. The fundamental concept is strong, but it was not executed successfully. I would argue that even TDU was a better game, and I'm not a fan of that series in the least. TDU somehow manages to capture the fantasy of it all, Horizon doesn't. Hopefully somebody at PG or T10 will read this constructive criticism and try to improve the next game. Hopefully.

I got about 1 solid month out of Horizon before I just couldn't play it anymore. I haven't played in at least 3 months now, and I still have no desire to. I really think they missed the mark, and I feel the community has become bored with it as well. With the DLC lasting barely half a year, and this forum basically dead, they are going to really have to expand on the concept for the next game. The experience is very narrow, and the support was very lackluster. They call the DLC packs a labor of love, but I disagree with the labor part. Only a few genuinely new cars, and aside from the rather uninspiring rally mode, no substantial new content either. There is a real lack of theater and vitality in Horizon. I always felt hemmed into a far too small amusement park of generic roads that had little to no bearing on reality. To put it simply, Horizon was boring and uninspiring. The fundamental concept is strong, but it was not executed successfully. I would argue that even TDU was a better game, and I'm not a fan of that series in the least. TDU somehow manages to capture the fantasy of it all, Horizon doesn't. Hopefully somebody at PG or T10 will read this constructive criticism and try to improve the next game. Hopefully.

I have to disagree with this. I got a lot of fun out of this game and I still am. I love the physics. It's one of the main reason why I think it's the best open world racing game I've played. It's gotten to the point where I've been experiencing most of the cars in the game thoroughly using street races instead of just using a car for one or two events and never bothering with it again. Because of this I still haven't beaten the game yet. I just don't want it to end. I'll be honest, I did take a hiatus for a few months from not just Horizon, but just from racing games in general. But I'm glad I did because of the DLC that came out while I wasn't playing. Now I have more motivation to not put this game down. And having a Fanatec on top of it makes it that much better.

As it's said, "your mileage may vary." I'm with MuoNiuLa. 👍 Between the Forza siblings, Forza Motorsport 4 is the game that bored me to tears. I played that for about six months, and haven't really picked it up since. I didn't just quit when I had Horizon to play; I quit when Horizon was announced last spring. As soon as I had something better to look forward to, I couldn't stand to lap the same dreadfully uninteresting racetracks anymore. FM4 isn't a bad console sim, but I think T10 really missed the mark on the track list and singleplayer content. Without XBL Gold, it's a very repetitive and staid experience. With XBL Gold, it's just bland.

To compare Horizon's DLC to FM4 DLC is unfair, I think. It's a one-DVD game, which is what ultimately slashed the car list and left gaps that could only be backfilled with DLC. We wouldn't have the E46 M3 at all if not for the GTR in this pack, for example, and I don't disagree with the folks at Top Gear for selecting it. The DLC isn't a straight copy-paste, and if you're like me and you have no inclination to play FM4, there's no point getting hung up on cars we've seen before. It's a different game. If you ask me, it's a superior game.

Needless to say my experience with Horizon was completely different from yours, Eunos_Cosmo. Rally is my favorite kind of racing, so I've thoroughly enjoyed the expansion, and racing in the game itself. Point-to-point sprints on roads and tight mixed-surface circuits are so refreshing after too many laps on the wide expanses of FM4's modern, sterile racetracks. Forza Motorsport 4 is a damned boring game. Horizon has earned a spot in my top three titles of all time. Everything is relative.

I was wrong; unfortunate news...

Between the reduced car count per pack, and the upped Season Pass price, which clearly reveal Microsoft's reluctance to support Horizon DLC with as much confidence as FM4, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the monthly packs have run short, too. Bandwidth is apparently expensive for these things.

It's not surprising. this is a new IP so they're bound to air some caution. I suspect this is the same reason it isn't a two disc game.

Cool pack, going to pick this up. Will be hard not to with the season pass :lol:

@T12 Who do you think carts the equipment to the festival? The Van men lol
Top Gear did a similar feature during Series 8, Episode 8 (2006)

I had not played Forza for a while , back at it now :). I tend to take breaks and then return. GT5 is another matter, have not played it in months, maybe this week, but on for a fwe minutes.

The M3 GTR doesn't just lack M3/CSL stuff, it ONLY gets Forza aero and you can't remove the wing...damn.

Still a great car.

What?! I thought the Season Pass was 12-months worth of car packs. I spent more on the Season Pass than I did on the actual game. More fool me. I'm done with DLC in games that isn't worth the money, and especially not supporting stuff that is just rehashed stuff from older games such as many of the Horizon cars were.

Reading would have informed you what the season pass actually does. So what you are saying is,before, you would buy DLC wether it was worth it or not? I love DLC but I will never blindly by a pass until I get a taste of what's actually coming from it.

Although I agree about the rehashes. It's the reason I got rid of the game, the DLC was just not interesting enough to me.

Yes, I didn't read up on it well enough and assumed it was for a whole year. I'm sure I read somewhere something like 'Enjoy DLC throughout the year,' or something like that which thinking about it is pretty ambiguous. I wouldn't buy DLC if I didn't think it was worth it, what I should have said was that I have been disappointed with the DLC that promises much and delivers little. I think I would have been really annoyed if I had bought FM4 and all the DLC and then this only to find that I was paying for a lot of cars that I had in FM4. That's a reason I didn't buy the game (FM4) as after owning FM3 I thought this would be the case.

Although, I do think this has been the best car pack by far!

Back