Arcade Mode - Discussion, Hints, Tips and Race Reports

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 128 comments
In GT5 the driver's uniform was usually related to the car manufacturer, so depending on your car you'd have that particular suit in AM. Is that the case with '6 too them?

Oh I had no idea arcade mode did that in GT5, I'll test it out tonight to see if that's what it is doing in Arcade mode in GT6. Thanks for the info!

As a quick fix, they could at least shuffle the fast cars to the back of the grid so they could at least overtake loads of cars at the back and race to the front with you. Sometimes I just feel like I'm weaving in and out of a queue of traffic or something. Like you say, it's even more bizarre when you can win with cars two or three hundred horsepower less than the most powerful rivals.

And I forgott to mention: I rolled the car bad. And won. Just remembered this.

I had also tried with the C1 Vette and got 4th, too slow. The Kenmeri Skyline got me 2nd with the leading GTR Black 1.5 seconds ahead of me. I'm sure a better driver could win that with the Kenmeri.

In short, you have to downplay the pp limit about 150-200 pps in order to more or less get a challenge out of this game. Cute.

Oh I had no idea arcade mode did that in GT5, I'll test it out tonight to see if that's what it is doing in Arcade mode in GT6. Thanks for the info!
True also in GT6, whatever car your driving, your uniform will be from that manufacture, also if you
use your car in Arcade there is no mileage added to the car and may also be true of body rigidity, oil wear etc.,

Update seriously needed for this wounded mode. I was a big fan of running GT5 Arcades. But without tire wear, gas depletion and damage, it's boring.

Ran a few today with typical parameters: downgrade street tires at least one grade, strictly stock vehicles, add my weight in ballast (75kg), hang out in last for at least 1/4 of the first lap and no driver aids. At least that way I've got some ground to make up.

It's fun just driving with the more life like physics but racing...it ain't happening. Track day driving only.

Very nice thread! I still haven't tried Arcade, but it was my favorite mode in GT5. Can you still manipulate A.I car selection by changing your tires?

Very nice thread! I still haven't tried Arcade, but it was my favorite mode in GT5. Can you still manipulate A.I car selection by changing your tires?

From what I've heard recently about '6's AM you may as well stick to GT5!

Time for an OP update, me thinks.

Damage, tyre wear and fuel consumption options have all been removed from GT6 which were present in the last iteration in the series (GT5). 1 step forward, 2 steps back, if you ask me.

I'd like to hear the specifics of this "1 step forward" part.... ;)

I had a great time on my last driving session in GT6 arcade race, here's what I did :

Cizeta V16T - oil change - 600+HP, stock except for racing brakes kit - set BB at 8/2 - comfort medium tires, no aids whatsoever.
AI slider to the max, arcade level professional.
Track is Bathurst - 2 laps sprint, just want to know if I can win within 2 laps. Weather set at 100%, water on track at 40% ( I think or maybe 30% ), weather changeability at 0%, grip real.

Some fast cars driven by the AI, Saleen S7, RUF 3400S, Ferrari 430, Pontiac GTO ( leader - tuned I presume ).

I passed most of AI cars in lap 1, some late braking pass, close calls and had a close battle with the Ferrari on last lap. I only manage to finish in 2nd position with the GTO 4 seconds ahead. My lap time : 2.34s and 2:33s.

I exit to arcade menu and restart the race again, got Nissan GTR as one of the front pack, that car was a beast in the rain, got in front of it for one lap, and it stay glued on my tail lights for 2 more laps and overtook me on the conrod straight :(

I realized how wonderful Cizeta is in the wet, I can feel the weight of the car when cornering, the rear tires gaining traction, the subtle movement when braking deep into corner, and the last half of Mt Panorama was an adventure with the car.

I learned that setting 40% to 100% water on track made the race somewhat harder as the tire easily loses traction, but the AI drove slower too, so it kind of balance things out. I would recommend 30% water as a good setup, the AI drives pretty quick - almost as quick as in the dry.

Last edited:
Update seriously needed for this wounded mode. I was a big fan of running GT5 Arcades. But without tire wear, gas depletion and damage, it's boring.

So you can run an infinite number of laps and never wear out or run out of anything? How nice. I never played Arcade Mode in GT5 because I thought it was literally an Arcade mode - dumbed down physics or jumps added to the course like in GT1, etc, etc.

What I did in GT5 was to do one-make races, but those are gone now too. I was really hoping Arcade Mode would be the saving grace for good offline racing in GT6. Oh well. I can't believe I'm actually considering going back to GT5 for something because it was not just unimproved upon in GT6, but blatantly left out.:(:banghead:

If everyone that has posted or took an interest in this thread that has a decent internet connection and wants decent competitive racing with clean safe like minded drivers adds each other as friends then we may be able to create some of the best GT racing experiences that we all strive for offline by racing together online.

The options we have available to us for racing the AI were bad enough in GT5.
For GT6, unless more options are added in an update then racing offline is even more of a frustration than before.

Most Open Lobby online races are quick sprint race affairs where strategy plays little part. A lot of room hosts opt for RS tyres and even those that do set things up for a little more realism their is always the risk of someone ruining the experience.

However race with the right people and the AI frustrations are gone. We can have fuel depletion, Tyre wear, Tyre changes, Tyre type changes, mandatory pit stops, balanced same class cars or even multi-class racing and races of any length we choose, long or short.

It's far more rewarding being able to line someone up for a pass and attempt to pass safely as apposed to the bash and smash one lap ring races that are all too common online.

There is no doubt that there is some fantastic online racing going on in GT and most of it takes place in private clubs, leagues and races between like minded friends.

Maybe, for those of us that can, then it's time to make the jump?
I have done some online open lobby racing recently and at times the experience was really good. I have even hosted the odd room myself with varying success.

It's all about getting the right people to race with. For me it's those that value the overall experience as opposed to those that have to win every time and at any cost.

I don't care if I come first or last, It's about good clean racing where everyone gets something out of the experience.
GT6 does have the tools available to us if we go online for those of us fortunate enough to be able to do so.

There are still downsides of course. Online lag and connection drop outs (although I haven't seen to much of this yet). And of course the ability to switch on your PS3 and race when you want.

Online can bring in a completely different set of problems and frustrations to those which PD force us to experience offline but until PD add in some of the missing features we all crave (that's even if they intend to) then maybe online is the way to go for those that can.

If anyone is thinking similar and wants to add me then please do so. Trux-74

If anyone is thinking similar and wants to add me then please do so. Trux-74
Sorry Trux but all the people posting here are already aware of online and/or experienced it and already know its main advantages/shortcomings.

The point of a thread like this is we want offline racing to be at least interesting as it was since GT4, because we geniunely believe that Gran Turismo series has to be coherent to its roots.

If for any reason Gran Turismo will no longer offer an interesting offline mode you will see lot of us not even considering future GT purchases. Surely some people here can also be interested in online but that's not the point of this thread, there's an online section already.

Well done, the lot of you, for ruining another promising thread! No, GT6's Arcade mode isn't finished nor done yet.

For the time being, iA and especially S (sans damage, but with tyre wear and fuel consumption) should keep many busy AND happy until Arcade mode gets more options to tinker with.

Good, aka competitive races, are far easier to find in the career mode in GT6 than they were in GT5. To bitch about Arcade mode now when there are perfectly fine iA and S races with still a lot of life in them (because the game hasn't been on shelves for much more than a month) is just hilarious.
Arcade mode was in GT5 the last resort for anybody wanting not to race against grannies on their Satureday shopping trip down the mall. This is NOT the case with GT6 atm. So, pretty please, for once don't flood every topic with pointless criticism but try to add something of value to the community.

Sorry if previously posted, but is there a way to race 2013 NASCAR cars together? I only get LMPs and the career mode is broken as you race 2013/2011/2010.

Well done, the lot of you, for ruining another promising thread! No, GT6's Arcade mode isn't finished nor done yet.

quick question, were are you getting this information from that arcade mode isnt finished?

I'm not starting a argument im honestly interested in were you found this information? as i know there adding features with dlc updates, but i have yet to come across anything that mentions arcade mode isnt finished and will be improved upon?

I don't play arcade that much but today I thought I could make myself a fun Le Mans race, which would be a bit longer than the 24 minute version on career mode but my oh my.
There's a maximum of 10 cars competing, there were 16 on GT5 so it's really messed up.
The grid is mostly awful. Out of 10 cars, I was only being able to compete with 2 other cars.
No fuel/tyre consumption takes out another realistic component from the game.

I thought of how awesome would it be if we could make our own grid and tune AI's cars and everything.

quick question, were are you getting this information from that arcade mode isnt finished?

Because people who have issues with something are obviously wrong because they have issues and he doesn't.

Last edited:
Hi,

GT6 Arcade Mode works for me...having good racing and a great time with it.

Arcade Mode - Professional 1 lap
Grip: Real
AI Difficulty: 10

Jaguar XJR-9 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

Mazda 787B Stealth Model @ La Sarthe

Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

X2014 Junior @ Nurburgring Type V

Formula Gran Turismo @ Nurburgring Nordschleife

...using following settings

Driving Options Settings:

Tyres: Racing Hards
Transmission: Manual
Active Steering: Off
Traction Control: 0
ASM: Off
ABS: 1
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Steering Sensitivity: 0

Steering Characteristics
Type: Simulation
Power-Assist: Off
Feedback Strength: 9

Last edited:
I must say, @1:40 in the FGT Nordschleife clip it is really nice to see the A.I. take a spill like that. Let's hope that happens a little more frequently and at more random locations on track. In GT5 they would crash at familiar places on certain tracks, repeatedly.

But, dude, you were blowing by those equally-powered cars with incredible quickness. This is not racing at all, and looks more like a rather dangerous track day.

In the Jag XJR-9, you are spending more time slowing down for the A.I. than you are racing with them. Then you find an opening and blast off like a rocket, to find the next poor bots to eat. I liken you to the Orca- flipping, smashing, and launching those baby seals around the bay before you finally devour them in one swift bite. I'm not sure you can find that to be fun for much longer.

You're reaction time is clearly sharp, though, as you are able to pull some great dodging maneuvers when they brake 50 meters early for the turns right in front of you. 👍

@research

Hi mate, you are absolutely spot on...haha poor baby seals...I just want to drive fast :D Thanks for the colorful analysis & description.

Found the GT6 AI has more fight amongst themselves, in terms of nudging, overtaking and blocking maneuvers, which resulted in the spills....but...I don't think the AI mistakes are random though. That spill @1:40 kept happening at the same spot...took me out a few times at the same spot on the outside line. I decided to stick to the same race line for a few restarts to see if that bot kept doing the same thing there....and it did...crashed into it every time I took the outside line. However, in the many restarts I did, some laps the AI would spin at Hatzenbach, but not always....maybe a hint of randomness there :odd:

The AI is VERY slow and brakes early. Would be cool if the game allow AI speed level to be adjusted, like the AI aggression level. But it is very good way to practice overtaking maneuvers, following cleanly, and side by side driving, as well as getting used to GT6's driving, suspension & tyre physics. And with a fast car, I found it is actually the 'holding back' from blasting off that's harder to get right....my throttle-happy right foot had to learn patience, control and braking finesse....I'm still using ABS=1, time to venture into ABS=0 me thinks (digressing a bit here, but have to say, the Fanatec ClubSport V2 pedals are awesome...hope the CSW price comes down eventually, so more folks have the chance to experience GT6 with it. I have not tried Thrustmaster, but I don't feel I have to)

The AI give racing space for your maneuvers, but tried to stick to their racing line by bumping more frequently, and with more 'passion'. I like that fight when it happens, but they are far and few in between, as you can see from the videos......if only we can adjust to make AI go faster (c'mon PD...you can give us this option next update. Can't imagine it would be that hard, given all that had been achieved in GT6). Anyways, the braking early thing...I liken that to brake checking... haha simulating online play with dirty racers...don't mind that either, good practice for dealing with online brake checkers.

I love following the AI and see how they sort each other out...before 'devouring', one baby seal at a time.:mischievous::lol:

Yeah, you right mate, it was fun for a while...now the AI is very predictable for me at Nordschleife, the laps in the videos are the result of this...still very Fun though, will always use Arcade Mode for a speed fix. I haven't been online yet since game release, just want to complete offline before racing the World...
I feel practiced and ready ;)...really looking forward to the :gtpflag: WRS.

Cheers, hope you enjoyed the replays, thanks for watching. Catch ya on a track someday.

*EDIT*

You might be interested in checking out some of these clips...same Arcade Mode settings as previous videos posted, but in lower powered cars. The AI, once again, not very challenging, and seem to always take same race line, even with different powered cars....but still...LOTS of fun!.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-r9aumh0OlB6GoNmqe-Vt38nk9Jt59C7

....and here is playlist of every LMP machines doing one lap at La Sarthe each....I was interested in finding out how they compared, and see how the AI races in 22 single laps in 22 different LMPs.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-r9aumh0OlCJPQ8yI6rp_MTHUE1EmG24

Last edited:
Very small.
Dont get too much expectation because of this. PD are always raising our expectations too much, and that have been making us feel frustrated. GT6 is the big example of that.
I don't care if it's important or not, for you or other users. They remodelled the car, what about adding a gooddamn digital display like all other gooddamn developers would do?
I will not give up common sense only because PD are used to make weird inconsistent stuff, it's their problem not mine.

HKS, calm it down! Vendrah was talking to me hahaha. You are really giving it hell these days, but I understand your frustration. SOOOOO much content in this game. Unmatched content. So many beautiful machines. Lovely and engaging driving physics. A ton of tracks including some of the most unique and incredibly fun circuits on earth. The Ring, Ascari, Bathurst, Spa... holy cow those are awesome.

But no decent manner in which to use all of this content on your own time. D*****, PD. It's like a punch to the soul of motorheads like us.

Back