Arcade Mode - Discussion, Hints, Tips and Race Reports

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 128 comments
Now it's the "day 1 patch."
Next month it will be, "Kaz said we'll have DLC every month."
Then it'll be, "well, they're working very hard on GT7, why worry about an outdated game/console."

Holy smokes... Can we get this guy an award? The GTP Nostradamus Award. You nailed it, Tier 2. MAN that is painful! Ok well.... if we were able to gift cars like GT5 :odd:, I would be asking you what premium car would you like for such an accurate premonition.

:(

HKS, calm it down! Vendrah was talking to me hahaha.
Yes I was answering research not you HKS... Thats why I quoted his post, not yours..
LOL! Sorry Vendrah.
You are really giving it hell these days, but I understand your frustration. SOOOOO much content in this game. Unmatched content. So many beautiful machines. Lovely and engaging driving physics. A ton of tracks including some of the most unique and incredibly fun circuits on earth. The Ring, Ascari, Bathurst, Spa... holy cow those are awesome.

But no decent manner in which to use all of this content on your own time. D*****, PD. It's like a punch to the soul of motorheads like us.
This!!!

8178865443_6e1f5e8255_z.jpg

8178865007_b5693cdb89_z.jpg

8178864801_7dba4eb023_z.jpg
[/quote] :lol:👍

Bumpy bump.

How are fields now after a couple of patches? I mean what cars AI drives when you enter with a GT car like Ford GT race car? Do the same lame Chapparal box appear?

Brands Hatch full course. 2011 Jag XKR-S. CS Tires. No oil change 75kg ballast @0. No aids. No ABS. No tuning except for B/B. Weather mixed and Time change @15.

*Lap 1=pace lap no passing. Lap count=Infinite (important)! Clean passing only!

Field had a Zonda as the blow the field away rabbit. A 2007 GTR and some Audi concepts. Rest of field were back markers.

This ended up being a far better race than was anticipated. No way to catch the Zonda but the GTR was an excellent AI challenge for 3rd and 4th position. After about 15 minutes and taking my time passing my way into 3rd the GTR had broken free and was tailing me pretty tight. We ran like that for about 15 minutes. Then muffed a brake zone and he passed. After that I spent a good 20-25 minutes running my fastest laps but unable to make a clean pass. Started pushing harder then at lap 30? went off and quit. Got lapped by the Zonda twice!

I had no plans on running this race for over an hour but reeling in the GTR was an excellent challenge. Reminded me of some of my GT5 online League Enduros, trying to keep up with a consistent opponent. No room for errors.

*We all know what Arcade lacks but sometimes you just gotta make lemonade. I still want to drive a variety of cars and tracks on my personal schedule. The infinite lap count is absolutely important. The AI doesn't slow down toward the end of the race and at certain points of time, some cars will actually speed up. With no pitting you can run without the AI pitting at strange times like in Career Mode. Granted I'm not a Div 1 driver so some faster types may just run the field and be done but for my skill level this method works fine.

I did an infinite lap race on Spa with full time progression. I used an IS200 GT-1 and the grid was all mixed up ranging from an Autobach (I think that's how you spell it) to a Nismo 400R on SH tires. My biggest rival was a Spoon S2000 Race Car (the Autobach just took off) and I never would have thought that I could have so much fun in a GT6 Arcade race.

For about 42 minutes, I battled the S2000 trying to stay ahead but he always caught up on the straights. I finally quit because I was getting tired and started to lose concentration, falling behind the S2000...then I spun out :irked:

I think it's safe to say that the A.I. is programmed best at Spa.

So, bumping the GT6 Arcade thread here's a list of cars for one make races:

Red Bull X2010

Red Bull X2014 Fan Car

Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo

Red Bull X2014 Standard

Ayrton Senna LOTUS 97T '85

Formula Gran Turismo

Tomahawk GTS-R Vision Gran Turismo

Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo

Tomahawk S Vision Gran Turismo

Red Bull X2014 Junior

WSR 1983 Ayrton Senna

Karts

And here a list of similar specs cars:

2013 NASCAR

2011 NASCAR

2010 NASCAR

Super GT500 / JGTC 500

GT3

Super GT300 / JGTC 300

Road Cars

Note in booth cases I suggest to use infinite laps and avoid entering arcade with LMP, Group C and other race cars not listed above. Since AI cars will use completely random race cars, unless it's what you want.

Back