Arcade Mode needs this badly from Prologue

• Thread starter Turkey :D
  • 22 comments
GT5Racer0
GT5 Prologue's Arcade mode is superior to that of the full game and I made a terribly photoshopped picture to help explain why. I love sim racing and I think that GT5 comes the closest to a sim on a console, but I don't have as much control over my racing experience as I'm used to from playing old PC games like rFactor or GTR2. I hope one day GT5's arcade mode will get a second look so we can get some more replayability out of the game, and with luck we will have some more features back in GT6.
8Qhls.jpg

In case anyone wants to try this out in Prologue, this is the article explaining the secret menu. It should not have even been a secret.. There are cool features. https://www.gtplanet.net/secret-menu-reveals-more-tracks-in-gt5-prologue/

YES I have said this for a long time arcade mode really needs to let you pick what cars you want to race with...If they ever did this I would be stuck to my PS3 for a few days and more

Ok I might be silly but I didnt know about this I think ill be stuck in prologue for a bit now.

Even the practice mode is stupid. I will tune a car to be amazing with all these additional parts and it ask me if I want to test it against others. I say sure and it puts me against exactly the same model car as to what I am driving only completely stock. What is the point just put me against cars in the same pp as mine.

Turkey :D
I believe there is a secret menu for the full version of GT5, but it may not be as simple to access as Prologue's. Someone knows how to get to it.

What makes you say that.

If I were one of the developers, I would have left in some kind of back door or cheat to access all of the game's content and features. I'm sure PD has sim racing cockpits set up with GT5 for when staff members go on a break or when people visit. Why make them unlock all of the content? They could also have their own special variant of GT5 for the office. Who knows though?

Last edited:
there are some fantastic threads discussing/asking for an Event Creator. < Read through them for some great thoughts and to get an idea of what most Gran Turismo players are feeling about this subject. (by no means do I want this thread closed, though. :nervous:) I can't believe that someone at PD hasn't taken notice of any of them. Maybe the next update? Spec 3.0?

Here is my list of options that a solid Creator would include. How much fun would this be? No more whizzing past a train of robots, and no more rabbit chasing. What sort of beautiful races could we produce? ALL sorts, thats what!

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc...
- It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE!

:gtpflag:

(also, since PD is on a big "sharing" kick these days- we should be able to share these events, and even share the classes of opponents that we create, for others to use and compete against..)

If I were one of the developers, I would have left in some kind of back door or cheat to access all of the game's content and features. I'm sure PD has sim racing cockpits set up with GT5 for when staff members go on a break or when people visit. Why make them unlock all of the content? They could also have their own special variant of GT5 for the office. Who knows though?

Developers very rarely play retail copies of their games, they have special debug versions.

Never mind that, I'm still waiting for fixed time and drift trials. That's what made Prologue fun for me.

We need to get a few thousand people to copy the meat of researchALLwars's post and email it to PD under their own names. Maybe they might catch a little common sense from it.

If they add this option. hmm.. it would be like an "Event Generator"
Nice and lovely feature. Racing just with classic racing cars....
In this case i think that selecting from a 1000+ cars.. hmm... filters. (Ranging from year/drivetrain/pp/dealer/etc... )

It's incredible how such a small feature like this would add an immense gameplay value to GT5. I've been wanting this for ages.

I totally agree with some of you. This little feature would make me get stuck to GT5 for very long.

It's incredible how such a small feature like this would add an immense gameplay value to GT5. I've been wanting this for ages.

I totally agree with some of you. This little feature would make me get stuck to GT5 for very long.

Looking it from a technical point of view. Is not that hard. They do it before..unless they made major code changes, making this feature unavailable for the moment.

We need to get a few thousand people to copy the meat of researchALLwars's post and email it to PD...

Or maybe we get a japanese-speaker to translate, and we tweet it to him? Either way, thanks for the props. :)

When I mention "create and save a class of cars", just look at whats possible. Here is my personal 'class' of Touring Cars as an example:

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93 (DTM)
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car
Audi A4 Touring Car
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
AMG Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - all from DTM series
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car
Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix)
Opel Calibra Touring Car
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car

Lexus IS F RM '07 *
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00 *
Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) RM '02 *
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * all Premium Race Modifieds
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR RM '05 *

Honda CR-Z Touring Car **
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car **
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car **
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ** all DLC Racing Car Pack
Subaru Impreza Touring Car **

Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car
Subaru Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Nissan C-West Razo Silvia
Toyota WedsSport Celica '03 (GT300)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . - all various Touring-like racecars.
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Lexus IS200 GT-1 Race Car '04
Lexus WedsSport IS350 '08
BMW 320i Touring Car
RenaultSport Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car
HKS CT230R '08
HKS Genki Hyper Silvia RS2
AEM S2000
Spoon S2000 Race Car
RE Amemiya Aparadrink RX7
Mazda Atenza Touring Car

^ Here we have 36 different cars that could be used to make up the field of 16 each time we create a race series. Fantastic! This brings up an interesting question at the same time- how many of these cars do we ever see in ANY race, A-spec or Seasonal? Heck, even in Arcade I can't get a good portion of these cars to ever show up. There are some good, fun racecars here, and we want to race against them! I personally have a strong disliking of anything BMW, so maybe I would really enjoy punting that 320i Touring Car into the dirt every once in a while... :sly: Just kidding! Don't flame me for that.

Now... I would much prefer to select these specifically from our garage, instead of from the game's car list, so we can tune/detune each one and make them much more evenly-matched before the series begins. If one car is more powerful on the straights, maybe give him Comfort tires just to make for some interesting jostling/passing. If one is light and grippy in the turns, maybe add a ballast. If one is made in Bavaria... maybe I detune the engine to 20% power so we can all lap him repeatedly, lol. The possibilities are truly infinite.

👍

Last edited:
This is exactly what I would like! Thanks for making this post OP. Now to bring it to Kaz's and PD's attention. This is the main thing that's holding the arcade mode back, is the ability to let us configure our own races! This is definitely a big thing.

Back