Are the aliens cheating???

• Thread starter Tommy_D
  • 35 comments
United States
United States
I've been playing GT7 for a little over 3 months and been on this forum for maybe a couple months. I've heard the term "aliens" being thrown out for those really fast drivers that get unbelievable times that most mortal men could never achieve. Now, I have seen footage of these "aliens" driving and getting great times, but when I run some of the circuit experiences and missions, there are times and point values stored in the Top Rankings board that are so far beyond what a mortal man could do that I don't even think your average Alien could ever do. My question is, how are these times/points even attainable without somehow cheating? Here are some examples I have seen recently:

Missions:
Beyond the Horizon Beginner Drifting - 31,101 points (Gold is 7000)
Beyond the Horizon The Race - 2:03.046 ( Only 1 person is within 20 seconds of this leader)
Rolling Stone Mileage Trial - 20.02 miles (Gold is 3.34 miles)
Rolling Stone Beginner Drifting 2 - 19,095 points (Gold is 3700)
Moby Dick Intermediate Drifting 1 - 49,209 points (Gold is 6000)
Gone With the Wind Mileage Trial - 64.39 miles (That's over 4 laps of the Nurburgring - Gold is 5.52 miles)
Gone With the Wind Intermediate drifting 2 - 32,683 points (Gold is 7500)
The Sun Also Rises Cone Knockdown 3 - 1:16.216 (Gold is 1:40)
The Sun Also Rises Expert Drifting - 21,579 points (Gold is 5300)

Circuit Experience:
Maggiore Sector 5- 19.067 sec (Gold is 39.9 sec)
Maggiore 1 lap attack - 1:42.941 (Gold is 1:58.5)
Brands Hatch Sector 4 - 12.02 sec (Gold is 19 sec)

You get the idea. Im sure there are a dozen more that I dont have down, but what's the deal with these? Are people figuring out ways to break/hack the game? Are these known flaws somewhere in the base programming of the game that anyone can exploit like the PP exploits that people find with tuning cars? These numbers just don't make sense to me.

Last edited:
The only ones I have a concrete answer for is the Maggiore times - a while back, there was a glitch that allowed you to teleport across most of the back half of the track, significantly reducing your lap time and earning many people golds in the Human Comedy 8. 🔥🔥🔥

For the rest, I assume they hacked the game somehow.

Last edited:
You also have to remember that PD haven’t reset the leaderboards after physics updates so these times may have been done at a time when the physics was more favourable?
I've been playing since launch, the general consensus is the physics have gotten much easier.
See Zocker's Nordschleife CE thread here:

There have been a few cheats, but it's largely skill issue.

I've been playing since launch, the general consensus is the physics have gotten much easier.
This doesnt translate into racing times have generally become faster for all cars and events.
Though I only have one car-setup of my own (that I know of) that has slowed down, it has slowed down by a huge margin; RX7 with engine swap on Human Comedy Deep Forest.

This doesnt translate into racing times have generally become faster for all cars and events.
Though I only have one car-setup of my own (that I know of) that has slowed down, it has slowed down by a huge margin; RX7 with engine swap on Human Comedy Deep Forest.
Faster times does suggest easier physics.
Not sure how you see it otherwise.

The easier physics did make the game significantly faster, and the Gold times were not adjusted to that.

Personally, I wouldn't take these offline leaderboards seriously. As with almost other SP leaderboard in any game, there usually has been an exploit/glitch/whatever that helped some people gain unrealistic scores. I don't really know about them in GT7 but as mentioned above the Lago Maggiore one can be explained quite easily.

Missions:
For the drift missions, there has to be some sort of exploit, you can't get that much over the gold scores with just good standard drifting. I haven't been able to find any high scoring performances on YouTube, which suggests the people doing them have something to hide.

I suck at drifting so I can't really tell if those scores are cheating (as in hacks or glitches/exploits).

But these ones:

Circuit Experience:
Maggiore 1 lap attack - 1:42.941

These are definitely "cheating", but @hyperspeed980 has already covered that.

And doing 60 miles with the Veyron on the Nurburgring? Yeah, no way is that possible with the down and uphills of that track and the fact that the Veyron has just a few liters of fuel or something. That has to be cheating as well. The amount of throttle needed to get the car enough momentum to cover the uphill sections is just way too much, and we are talking about 4 whole laps.

The term 'aliens' isn't used to describe the people who exploit circuit experience and such to get to the top of the leaderboard.

That said, I expect you can't attain the speed of the true aliens either. Give the leaderboard of the daily races a squint next time you're on, then try and get anywhere close to them - there are some seriously fast people out there.

For the drift missions, there has to be some sort of exploit,
There is.

Once the mission starts, activate the first drift zone, then turn around. Drive backwards around the track until you get to the pit exit. Turn around and back your car into the pits, making sure to not go off track or touch a wall. Eventually, the car will autodrive you out the pits. Once you're out, you're now in free drift mode and can rack up as many points as you can until you get to the end of the drift zone. Repeat these steps if there is another drift zone.

Hopefully this will get enough attention and PD will eventually patch this and reset the board.

Or, I just gave a bunch of people access to far higher scores on drift missions..... oh well.

Last edited:
There is.

Once the mission starts, activate the first drift zone, then turn around. Drive backwards around the track until you get to the pit exit. Turn around and back your car into the pits, making sure to not go off track or touch a wall. Eventually, the car will autodrive you out the pits. Once you're out, you're now in free drift mode and can rack up as many points as you can until you get to the end of the drift zone. Repeat these steps if there is another drift zone.

Hopefully this will get enough attention and PD will eventually patch this and reset the board.

Or, I just gave a bunch of people access to far higher scores on drift missions..... oh well.
haha it works. I tried it.

There is.

Once the mission starts, activate the first drift zone, then turn around. Drive backwards around the tracl until you get to the pit exit. Turn around and back your car into the pits, making sure to not go off track or touch a wall. Eventually, the car will autodrive you out the pits. Once you're out, you're now in free drift mode and can rack up as many points as you can until you get to the ekd of the drift zone. Repeat these steps if there is another drift zone.

I don't know what's more impressive; the scores themselves or the fact people figure this out to begin with.

I suck at drifting so I can't really tell if those scores are cheating (as in hacks or glitches/exploits).

But these ones:

These are definitely "cheating", but @hyperspeed980 has already covered that.

And doing 60 miles with the Veyron on the Nurburgring? Yeah, no way is that possible with the down and uphills of that track and the fact that the Veyron has just a few liters of fuel or something. That has to be cheating as well. The amount of throttle needed to get the car enough momentum to cover the uphill sections is just way too much, and we are talking about 4 whole laps.
i would love to see the video of the 60 miles with a Veyron...

I've been playing GT7 for a little over 3 months and been on this forum for maybe a couple months. I've heard the term "aliens" being thrown out for those really fast drivers that get unbelievable times that most mortal men could never achieve. Now, I have seen footage of these "aliens" driving and getting great times, but when I run some of the circuit experiences and missions, there are times and point values stored in the Top Rankings board that are so far beyond what a mortal man could do that I don't even think your average Alien could ever do. My question is, how are these times/points even attainable without somehow cheating? Here are some examples I have seen recently:

Missions:
Beyond the Horizon The Race - 2:03.046 ( Only 1 person is within 20 seconds of this leader)
Gone With the Wind Mileage Trial - 64.39 miles (That's over 4 laps of the Nurburgring - Gold is 5.52 miles)

Circuit Experience:

You get the idea. Im sure there are a dozen more that I dont have down, but what's the deal with these? Are people figuring out ways to break/hack the game? Are these known flaws somewhere in the base programming of the game that anyone can exploit like the PP exploits that people find with tuning cars? These numbers just don't make sense to me.
I have not seen replays/videos of any of these top times, but I’d still give them the benefit of the doubt as there are many good players out there.

As others have mentioned already, some of these top times are the results of bugs or glitches in the game. Another example is Sector 1 for the Daytona Circuit Experience. The top times are all 11.023 seconds (my personal record is 11.040 seconds), which in no way can be achieved no matter how good you are. That time was achievable due to a bug in the game that if you just went straight on at turn 1 flat out, you finished the sector right away. That bug has since been patched by PD, but they have not deleted the unrealistic times from the leaderboard. I guess it’s not a high priority for them considering they must have many other more critical or important things they need to focus on.

Regarding the physics changes, I think it’s not as black and white, but the consensus is that they made the cars easier to drive. We also should not forget that the game has been out for almost a year now, and people certainly have gotten better at the game as well.

I remember doing the S-6 license test (the Mustang GT350R at Trial Mountain) when it was v1.12 (IIRC), and I was struggling to hit a target time that I wanted to achieve. Then PD made some physics change for v1.13 a few days later (mainly grip for RWD cars), and I was immediately able to go even quicker than what I targeted (may also be that I was getting better after so many tries). So in that case, yes, I would say the physics change made it easier. It wasn’t much but enough to make me slightly quicker in this case. However, I think PD may have screwed up the physics in v1.11 and v1.12 and then fixed it in v1.13, because when I watched replays of S-6 license test done using earlier versions of the game, I noticed that the GT350R seemed to have much better rear-end grip.

The other case in point is the IA-10 license test (the AMG GT R at Nordschleife). When I first attempted it, it was v1.09, and at that time I just wanted to gold it and move on, so I didn’t see how much quicker I could be. My original gold time (0:57.461) was only about half a second quicker than what’s required for gold (0:57.900). Back then, I think the top times were in the low 0:55.xxx, but now they’re in the low 0:53.xxx. I just gave this test another go this past weekend and was able to get it down to 0:54.604, and it wasn’t even a clean lap. I know I could get it down to 0:54.5xx or even 0:54.4xx if I could just keep it clean. Is it down to the physics change? Probably. But I also think that I’m now a better player than I was only few months ago.

So that leads to my last comment concerning these “alien” times. Unfortunately, most of the ones I’ve seen are done using exploits allowable in the game (e.g., abusing track limits/kerbs, over-rev downshifts/mad shifting to slow/brake the car, etc.). Take the IA-10 license test as an example again, if I fully exploit what the game allows me to get away with, I reckon I could probably get into the high 0:53.xxx. I’m not saying the top 10 on that particular leaderboard are doing that, but that would most likely be the only way I could even be thinking about getting into the 0:53.xxx. However, I personally prefer to play it as a sim rather than as a game. Even with the 0:54.609 time that I did, I’m already abusing the track limits/kerbs a bit. This is also why I enjoyed the LH Time Trial Challenge in GTS. Granted Hamilton’s laps aren’t in the top leaderboard by a long shot, but they were still pretty decent and presented a good challenge for majority of the players. If you watch his laps, they were smooth and clean (no mad shifting or abusing track limits/kerbs), and he drove them like how a professional racecar driver would drive in real life, so the challenge I set for myself was to drive like Hamilton and see if I could be quicker than him.

There is.

OMG I wish I had known this before. It took me ages to get Gold on those stupid drift missions!!!

Nah they're just really really good. Try racing an alien. I know a few. While you may think you're lapping the same car with the same technique, when you follow them you see the gap consistently increase by 0.05 - 0.1s per corner on a track. It's not huge lumps (for me at least!) as if your technique is plain wrong, but tiny chunks of time everywhere, absolutely everywhere. They just have excellent timing and feel for precision like how much to come off the brakes or how smooth their line is though an apex.

I never assume people cheat. I've learned that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better or you'd already be famous.

Nah they're just really really good. Try racing an alien. I know a few. While you may think you're lapping the same car with the same technique, when you follow them you see the gap consistently increase by 0.05 - 0.1s per corner on a track. It's not huge lumps (for me at least!) as if your technique is plain wrong, but tiny chunks of time everywhere, absolutely everywhere. They just have excellent timing and feel for precision like how much to come off the brakes or how smooth their line is though an apex.

I never assume people cheat. I've learned that no matter how good you think you are, there's always someone better or you'd already be famous.
I totally agree with your comments.

Additionally some of the offline events mentioned have glitches which can be exploited (by anyone), and the OP has assumed an incorrect association with Aliens only.

I believe both these answers are true:

1. There are exploits (or cheats) that can be used in some offline events, by anyone (Alien, Human or Sophi), until patched.

2. The "Aliens" are indeed super fast and have excellent technique. Without cheating they will post lap times that most people feel are impossible.

To be less misleading, the title of the thread should be updated from "Are the aliens cheating??" to something like "Are there exploits or cheats in some of the offline Missions?"

Missions:

Circuit Experience:

The word Alien is completely wrong in this conclusion.
An Alien in GT7 is usually an A+/S DR rated driver and would be ashamed to even come close to this list.

We taking here about glitch user and some wannabes .
Otherwise your list is right there is still much work to do.

There is.

Thank you! I'd given up hope on ever getting the mission prizes because I knew the drift missions were going to take me hundreds of tries.

Thank you! I'd given up hope on ever getting the mission prizes because I knew the drift missions were going to take me hundreds of tries.
I'm not someone who cheats or uses these exploits to complete the challenges but I feel that these drift missions provide no real value to the game. If I were to cheat on any of them, it would be these. I had to switch back to a controller to complete them as a wheel setup just doesn't work. The drifting aspect didn't teach me anything about car control. It was more of an exercise in futility. Just chucking it in to the corner hoping I randomly hit the proper combination of buttons at the proper time to complete the mission. After I finally got gold (after hours of working on them) I don't think I could ever repeat what I did or even explain to anyone how I did it. It was just pure luck after hundreds of tries.

I'm not someone who cheats or uses these exploits to complete the challenges but I feel that these drift missions provide no real value to the game. If I were to cheat on any of them, it would be these. I had to switch back to a controller to complete them as a wheel setup just doesn't work. The drifting aspect didn't teach me anything about car control. It was more of an exercise in futility. Just chucking it in to the corner hoping I randomly hit the proper combination of buttons at the proper time to complete the mission. After I finally got gold (after hours of working on them) I don't think I could ever repeat what I did or even explain to anyone how I did it. It was just pure luck after hundreds of tries.
You forgot to mention the massive benefit of the cone challenges, and the "how far can you go on an empty tank of gas" challenges. Very useful skills and huge additions to the overall GT7 experience. I think we're off topic though.

I don't think I could ever repeat what I did or even explain to anyone how I did it. It was just pure luck after hundreds of tries
Yep - that's me too! I've still got two to gold, despite having nearly 1.5m drift points after so many failed attempts ☹️

You forgot to mention the massive benefit of the cone challenges, and the "how far can you go on an empty tank of gas" challenges. Very useful skills and huge additions to the overall GT7 experience. I think we're off topic though.
Yeah, all 3 if these "challenges" are pretty pointless when it comes to racing mechanics. But with the other 2 you can at least track progress, understand what you need to do to get better and actually find a repeatable means of doing to challenge. The drifting was just a senseless mess.

If you're anything like me, you might still struggle to complete them even with the cheat! 😆
I wouldnt want to resort to cheating and just accept I lack the controls to gold it.
Though actually the Edge controller has made it easier with the option to configure how the sticks are registering input into actual steering motion.

Yeah, all 3 if these "challenges" are pretty pointless when it comes to racing mechanics. But with the other 2 you can at least track progress, understand what you need to do to get better and actually find a repeatable means of doing to challenge. The drifting was just a senseless mess.
I have to be honest mate it just sounds like you're not good at drifting.

Drifting in GT7 isn't just random dumb luck, there is a method to it and you can be good and consistent at it. Just because you haven't figured it out doesn't mean it's a mess.

Last edited:
I have to be honest mate it just sounds like you're not good at drifting.

Drifting in GT7 isn't just random dumb luck, there is a method to it and you can be good and consistent at it. Just because you haven't figured it out doesn't mean it's a mess.
I will be the first to admit that I'm TERRIBLE at it. :lol: Like... the worst.

I will be the first to admit that I'm TERRIBLE at it. :lol: Like... the worst.
Hahahaha fair enough. Sorry if I sounded harsh! It's a weird thing to get your head around. Once it clicks, it clicks - but I'll be honest it does feel terrible to do before it does click.

Back