Are the standards looking better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 33 comments
  • 2,263 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,752
Messages
Maxitsu
It has been a while since i played GT5. I notice the standard cars look better. or is it just me?
 
Its the other way around, kid!
 
they don´t look any better. can´t stand the look of them compared to premiums tbh ^^
 
I think they look alright actually now yes some do look bad but most look good.
 
Some of the ones I've bought and driven lately have been atrocious. So I don't think they have improved in general, no.
 
it's just you
 
I think they look alright actually now yes some do look bad but most look good.

yeah some are very nice, others look bad. But i thougt some of the standard car looked better than before. ah maybe its just me.
 
No, they still look like monkey crap
 
I think they look alright actually now yes some do look bad but most look good.

Look good compared to what?

Here's a Standard car from GT5:
gt502a.jpg


Here's a similar make/model/color car in FM3:
fm302.jpg


So, define "look good". If by this you mean "can stomach it from a distance", then I suppose so. If you mean "look comparable to cars in other racing games", then clearly not.
 
Still look like trash, but are still fun to drive.
 
Stop moaning!! they look fine just your all being picky about it

oh this looks a bit blurry im not playing it anymore im just going to moan on all the forums ... get a life!! its a game
 
Lol they all look like **** everyone needs to suck it up and admit it.

its like they got 480x320 pixel textures and stretched them to fit on the 1900x1080 models, ****ing PATHETIC.

some are actually very nice though.
 
Most of them look like they're made of LEGOs, but if you shut one eye and barely keep the other one open (insert imagination), yes they look quite well.
 
Cant you yanks just enjoy the game for a while instead of constant moaning.
 
Stop moaning!! they look fine just your all being picky about it

oh this looks a bit blurry im not playing it anymore im just going to moan on all the forums ... get a life!! its a game

How about stop brown nosing PD.
 
PD should have never released such a ****** game especially on the PS3, they put themselves into the hole that is why GT5 has had such poor sales compared to the previous games.

GT3 and 4 sold triple what GT5 is gonna sell.
 
They look like the cars, they drive like the cars, they're perfectly fine. They don't look great in Photomode but while driving it'll look fine.

Besides, that RX-7, I saw it months ago. Patch 1.05 made them look a little better.

GT3 and 4 sold triple what GT5 is gonna sell.
GT5 has sold over 6 million copies and is the best-selling game in the history of the PS3. Get the facts straight.
 
They look like the cars, they drive like the cars, they're perfectly fine. They don't look great in Photomode but while driving it'll look fine.

Besides, that RX-7, I saw it months ago. Patch 1.05 made them look a little better.


GT5 has sold over 6 million copies and is the best-selling game in the history of the PS3. Get the facts straight.

I'm on your side but still, CoD is just a pile of poo but it still sells like butter, worse yet, they still uses CoD4 engine...:crazy::yuck:
 
They look like the cars, they drive like the cars, they're perfectly fine. They don't look great in Photomode but while driving it'll look fine.

Besides, that RX-7, I saw it months ago. Patch 1.05 made them look a little better.


GT5 has sold over 6 million copies and is the best-selling game in the history of the PS3. Get the facts straight.

Yeah and GT3 and 4 both sold upwards of 14 million or so? Shows how much they went downhill.
 
Look good compared to what?

Here's a Standard car from GT5:
gt502a.jpg


Here's a similar make/model/color car in FM3:
fm302.jpg


So, define "look good". If by this you mean "can stomach it from a distance", then I suppose so. If you mean "look comparable to cars in other racing games", then clearly not.

And this Corvette is also a standard model in GT5. So what's your point? Some standards look better or worse than others. Don't tell me this one looks bad. I think this standard looks better than the FM3 "premium" Mazda you're posting. I've never played FM3 so I don't have an opinion about that game in comparison to GT5, but it puzzles me why there is this much bitching and complaining about the standard cars in GT5. There is a big number and variation of premiums and on top of that you get all these standard cars. Can't think of anything that could be bad about that. Maybe when you're a cockpitview-only fetishist I understand a little ;)

And to OP. I share your statement that it looks like the standards look better since the update. Looks like the lines are less jagged and pixelated. But that argument doesn't go up for the Mazda that IceMan posted, so I'm not totally convinced that there is improvement for all standard models.


Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5 by Apperosio, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Some of the Standards look considerably better than they did when the game came out, because PD screwed up and made them all use low-LOD models all the time rather than switching to higher ones when the cars are closer. Basically, this is why everyone felt that many of the Standards looked worse than they did in GT4/GT3.

For example, the Alto Works, which was one of the most notably awful looking cars when GT5 came out, has been improved drastically (though improved isn't the right word to use as it is more of a reversion) so it now looks just as it did in GT4/GT3:

Gran_Turismo_5_Grafik_Fail_10.jpg


i3los.jpg

(Thanks to SHIRAKAWA Akira for gathering these two)


Not all of the cars have been fixed, though. One of the Legacys still looks terrible (even though the rest of them look fine), and the Berlinette still looks bad.

Yeah and GT3 and 4 both sold upwards of 14 million or so? Shows how much they went downhill.
GT3 came out 10 years ago. GT4 came out 6 years ago. GT5 came out 5 months ago. I mean, seriously.
 
Personal opinion its the placebo effect, Just because you think it will work doesn't mean it will, Its like taking prescription drugs the doctors may give you something and say it will work so you think it will for example giving you some arse cream that was designed for toe jam, I reckon just coz there's been updates doesn't mean they will have fixed things that you think they fixed
 
Yes I think they look better after 1.06 I have noticed on a few standards I have look alot better then before. 22b being one of them
 
You guys need to stop whining and enjoy the game. Sure, some are butt ugly, and some are decent, but what they all have in common is that they all are cars, and they all have a distinctive and unique style. I mean, PD managed to place in 1000+ cars onto one disk -- the most largest car library I've ever witnessed. And PD also managed to be accessible to all people.

If you don't like what PD is doing, then play another game that suits your needs. If not, then at least enjoy the game and support PD of their hard work and commitment.
 
lulz at the idiot comparing a standard gt5 model to a FM3 model. Try a premium next time.

No sense in playing the game if you don't like it.

And to the dip**** complaining about only having 200 Premiums......PD is bringing out more.
 
lulz at the idiot comparing a standard gt5 model to a FM3 model. Try a premium next time.

No sense in playing the game if you don't like it.

And to the dip**** complaining about only having 200 Premiums......PD is bringing out more.
So I take it you didn't actually read any of the posts in this thread. Which is okay, I suppose, but it does make me curious what your point is.
 
Stop moaning!! they look fine just your all being picky about it

oh this looks a bit blurry im not playing it anymore im just going to moan on all the forums ... get a life!! its a game

Did you even look at the pictures iceman posted? I'm delusional about this game but not THAT delusional. I also don't think he was complaining so much as giving the poster some perspective about his/her question.

We all love the game so we squint at the screen to try and love it a little more, but at least let's be honest about it. These cars are WAY subpar for ps3 graphics. Still fun and love the variety but Jesus some of us should get glasses if we think all standard cars are fun to look at.

I think they look just good enough to drive but there are quite a few graphics issues including smoke and snow and rain and standards that turn the beauty of this game into a pile of pixels. I still love it.

That said, I thought one of the updates upscaled the rendering on standards?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back