Are there any unique GT5 maps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.Cambo
  • 48 comments
  • 4,689 views
Messages
84
I ask this because I have a brother in law who used to love GT until he played Forza 3. I have played it a bit and I love the tracks Fujimo Kaido and the one where it looks like the entire race track is inside an arena (not nascar).

When I compare that side of Forza to Gran Turismo I just don't find whats interesting about the GT maps.

Laguna Seca, Monza, Nurburgering are obviously more realistic than Forza's attempts which is what GT focuses on. I also liked the fictional Seattle and New York courses (R.I.P) but Gran Turismo's tracks are all quite similar compared to Forza's diversity of race tracks, each one was unique and felt like it was on a different planet compared to the last one.

If I had to pick one GT5 map which is the same style as Forza I would say it would be Cape Ring. What do you guys think? What makes the GT maps better?

This is not a GT vs Forza post, I enjoy GT more but I really would like to race on a lot of those Forza tracks!
 
Last edited:
2 Words - Course Generator :)
 
IMO Cape Ring outside and Eiger Nordwand are 2 of the best looking tracks I've ever seen.
 
I think GTs maps in general focus on high speed. Lots of straights etc.
 
Certainly Cape Ring is probably the most unique track GT5 has going for it. Although I rather dislike it due to the massive drop-offs on the sides of the rumble strip things, the jump, and the general flow of the track - it all feels very unrealistic and uncomfortable to me.

I really dislike Eiger Nordwand for some reason as well...

The best unique track GT5 has going is probably SSR5 IMO, followed by Trial Mountain (although there's not really anything "unique" about either of them which other games couldn't do too)...
 
This isn't cod ok. They are tracks not maps!! But I'd say Cape Ring and its endless variations is the most unique track.
 
Highspeed Ring, Trial Mountain or Deep Forest are very unique for Gran Turismo with it´s layout and environment design). Say those words and everybody think of Gran Turismo.

In my opinion, GT-series is well known for very good and technical fantasy tracks (and now bad one like Cape Ring, too). Also city tracks are well known for Gran Turismo (but I don´t like them at all....in my point of view they have nothing to do with racing)
 
2 Words - Course Generator :)
Cheater :grumpy:

I do like Trail Mountain, driving close to the rocks is scary when your having a close race, it's fun to drift in the second half of the track and that last turn is great to jump off, considering it's a Gran Turismo map it's surprising that they still allow that.
 
I wonder why they didn't bring Seattle back. It couldn't look any worse just uprezzed than Laguna Seca does...
 
In GT2 whenever I got a new car and bought some parts for it I would always test it in the muscle car cup which was on Seattle. Jumps, train tracks, sharp corners, it was a brilliant map!
 
In GT2 whenever I got a new car and bought some parts for it I would always test it in the muscle car cup which was on Seattle. Jumps, train tracks, sharp corners, it was a brilliant map!

Yeah, one of the best city tracks ever. Only thing I don´t like (also at Eiger Nordwand and Cape Ring) are the huge jumps, which always looks like driving Ridge Racer.
 
I don't like the jumps either. Although cape ring feels like wipeout.
 
I actually think that the original tracks such as Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, and Grand Valley are among some of the best tracks I have raced at. They have a great flow to them, suitable elevation changes. They are more rewarding to drive than many real tracks in fact. Are they unique? well thats difficult to answer, I would argue cape ring is unique, but that doesn't make it a good track. I think GT5's tracks are far from a weak point, although they are arguably weaker than GT4.
 
I would say Deep Forest too, nothing like that track in any other racing game I've ever played. Fantastic flow to the track, and your literally working the whole way round the track!
 
Maps? You've been playing 1st person shooters too long. I think they're called tracks in this game. I just wish they'd have a REAL track creator. Not that one that generates the same basic version of a generic track.
 
I'd say deep forest and high speed ring are the best between the two games but forza has the better veriety from the limited time I've had with that game.
 
The tarmac ones that come to mind are SSR7, Capering & Eiger.
The snow one i can only think of is Championx(new layout unlike GT4s).
The drit one i can think of is Tuscony.

The other Classic GT tracks are not really unique to GT5 as they have been in other GT titles.
 
All the GT tracks are unique in their own way. Their isn't any that I really dislike, but some are downright incredible.
SSR11
Grand Valley
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Just to name a few.

Set aside the jump and the fact I feel its ran the wrong way, I'm loving Cape Ring.

I much prefer GT tracks over Forza. Though, I really enjoyed Sedona Raceway and Maple Valley.
 
I find forza had more uh..undulation in the tracks, though GT has a bit more than previously, some cool tracks still,I do like cape ring. Midfield was my fav GT track :)
 
I would like Cape Ring a lot more, if there wouldn't be that stupid jump. 8/
Cape Ring Inside is cool, reminds me of old European racetracks.
 
Gran Turismo's tracks are all quite similar compared to Forza's diversity of race tracks[/I]

What....????

Have you tried setting up a car that can deal with all the different tracks on GT5 with just one setting..??

Short tracks, long tracks, smooth tracks, bumpy tracks, tight and twisty tracks, longer flowing tracks....

Oh, and then there's the rain (heavy and not so heavy), sun, darkness, mist...

Maybe ''need for speed'' would be a better option for you..???

:banghead:
 
What....????

Have you tried setting up a car that can deal with all the different tracks on GT5 with just one setting..??

Short tracks, long tracks, smooth tracks, bumpy tracks, tight and twisty tracks, longer flowing tracks....

Oh, and then there's the rain (heavy and not so heavy), sun, darkness, mist...

Maybe ''need for speed'' would be a better option for you..???

:banghead:

gg
 
Where do you keep all your settings?
 

What?

Cape Ring is probaly the most unique GT Track, but all GT tracks have a very unique element to them at some area throughout the course.
 
Have you tried setting up a car that can deal with all the different tracks on GT5 with just one setting..??

Why would I do that..?? I don't think all the tracks can be beaten by sticking to the same set of settings, but I would say the same thing about Forza and it's tracks...
 
IMO there are 3 good original tracks in Forza 3 and several lame ones. the good ones are Fuji, Maple Valley and Positana. Sidewiders and Benchmark are lame. GT has Rome, London, Tokyo, Madrid, High Speed Ring, Cape Ring and a course generator as well as a few others all of which are decent layouts.

The 3 from Forza I mentioned are very good but the rest of thier original tracks are better left out.


btw you do not beat a track you post your best lap possible on it.
 
BTW track are made out of, or are "in" the map, which is the computer generated world you are in. Calling them "maps" is acceptable.
 
BWX
BTW track are made out of, or are "in" the map, which is the computer generated world you are in. Calling them "maps" is acceptable.

I don´t think so. Normally, it is called tracks or curcuits.
 
I personally hate cape ring. Nothing about that track feels natural. It's just a bunch of awkward turns and there's way too much of it.

Trial Mountian and Deep Forest are the best original circuits. You can't go wrong with them. But like someone said, Seattle should be brought back. That was definitely the best city track GT had.
 
Back