Are There More Civic Type R Models on the Way?

th.jpg for Honda

And IndyCars.

How are they in BTCC[sp?] and other racing series?

Surprisingly good but I think the BTCC engines are more of normal engines just race tuned.
Plus BTCC engines dont rev to 18,000rpm.
It has been a long time since honda made a high rev engine for cars

Well if there are, I sure hope they look a damn sight better than the original. I haven't seen a car that looks as worse as it does in a long time.

Do you want the Civic Type R to look better than this
qxyxtl0wpovx2zu19r0u.png

Or the current Type R?
Sorry, meant 'current'. Or, in the context of these rumored new models, the 'original'. The actual original Civic Type R looks good (though not as good as the EP3).

Last edited:
Sorry, meant 'current'. Or, in the context of these rumored new models, the 'original'. The actual original Civic Type R looks good (though not as good as the EP3).
I am fond of the 8th gen FK/FN chassis, but that is me being bias since I had one of those spaceships.

I would like to see a Type R variant with tamer styling, something similar to the Impreza WRX STI Spec D (discreet). It had the performance of a regular STI, but it had a smaller rear wing and the outlandish colour schemes used on the wheels and interior were exchanged for silver and black shades. Plus, it was only available in silver.
SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5-WRX-STI-SPEC-D-1-OWNER-SOLD-20160124054537.jpg

If the Civic Type R was to have its own "Spec D" variant, that would hugely broaden its appeal and could potentially steal sales from the Golf R. The only catch it that the wing on the Type R will have to stay since the car may be unstable without it.

I would like to see a Type R variant with tamer styling, something similar to the Impreza WRX STI Spec D (discreet). It had the performance of a regular STI, but it had a smaller rear wing and the outlandish colour schemes used on the wheels and interior were exchanged for silver and black shades. Plus, it was only available in silver.
SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-5-WRX-STI-SPEC-D-1-OWNER-SOLD-20160124054537.jpg

If the Civic Type R was to have its own "Spec D" variant, that would hugely broaden its appeal and could potentially steal sales from the Golf R. The only catch it that the wing on the Type R will have to stay since the car may be unstable without it.

Not so discreet with that hood scoop.

Back