Are they really that stupid?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mouser
  • 32 comments
  • 1,902 views
Messages
551
Messages
MUNCHLEY516
Messages
gooch218
Okay I was tired earlier today, and I started the endurance race "Super Speedway 150 miles" and I did B-Spec. The driver got in first place, had a good 20 second lead, then turned RIGHT!!!!!!!! He started driving against the wall, just burning out. I thought "I'll give it a couple seconds, he'll straghten out." No, he did it for well over a minute. Do the B Spec drivers really have to be that stupid?
 
The B-Spec driver (or "Dammit", as I call him) is only as smart as the AI. And the AI isn't particularly smart.

I was driving a race at Sarthe II the other day, and I had been passed by everyone along the straightaway. But when we got to the turn at the end, I was the only one who slowed down for it.. all five AI cars careened full-speed into the wall, and I just kept on driving. Got in front and stayed in front.
 
The AI were doing fine! Thats what annoys me.
 
Yeah, they really are that stupid. One example: Ginetta G4. On any track, he will go off at least 5 times. He sometimes drives off the track at the wider loop at Beginners Course.
 
Yeah the AI in GT4 is supposed to be an improvement on GT3, but i can't remember wot it was like in GT3
 
I did the formula gt @laguna seca and the AI cars(I believe they were set on 3, mine was on 2)ALWAYS got off track at the exact same place and spun while bobwas cruisin around the track. Very funny
 
I had the same problem on Super Speedway 150 miles B-spec. My driver kept riding the walls and losing lots of time. I found if I just kept it at 2 the whole time he never touched the walls.
 
i believe the problem is your bspec bob needs some serious skill upping
 
Yeah, there are ways to build up Bob's mad skillz yo.

Another thing I have heard from a smart man is that B-Spec Bob does much much better in cars with the settings at the default positions, since he's programmed to be used to that.
 
Not neccesarily. Some of the computer controlled cars do the same thing occasionally. Hitting the wall is more of a downforce and tire problem than an A.I. problem. The fact that the A.I. doesn't move off of the wall is the A.I. problem.
 
Duke
Yeah, there are ways to build up Bob's mad skillz yo.

Another thing I have heard from a smart man is that B-Spec Bob does much much better in cars with the settings at the default positions, since he's programmed to be used to that.

Think I agree with you there. I've been running a few 1 make races & all I've done is done an Oil change & got Racing Softs, give it to "B-Spec Bob" & he'll win with ease on most races I've done (only on 1 race I had to get the sports exhaust upgrade, but that was all).
 
My b-spec driver did the same thing on Super Speedway. I had to quit and drive it a-spec. Not that I minded, I just didn't feel like turning left that many times.
 
I'm currently doing the 1000 miles in a Ginetta as specified earlier in the thread and when I select B spec to do the race I have to ensure "The Stig" is on the slowest pace just to stay on the track and I have a good setup (copied of course)

Also, he'll catch up to cars alright but he'll very rarely overtake unless I tell him to. When I do ask "The Stig" to overtake, he gives them such a shunt up the arse that he nearly goes out of control, then takes a lap to think about it, then does some sort of overtaking.

Also again, I have had "The Stig" hit the wall and act all pissed up not knowing where he is or where he's going. Guess he banged his head....

Thick as my dogs **** is not the word... Guess I'll have to stop being a lazy and start racing myself.....
 
on a race on motorland 1 ai-car couldn't get the last corner and went into the pits every lap :)
 
dustdriver
on a race on motorland 1 ai-car couldn't get the last corner and went into the pits every lap :)


my bspec driver did that on settings above 3 :P he would just enter too fast to the corner and fly into the pits
 
how do you make b spec smarter round tracks? because when my b spec driver comes off he points forward and then reverses!!!!! do you just let him race on practice mode for ages or something to make him i mean "IT" smarter?!
 
joseph dobson
how do you make b spec smarter round tracks??!
I let Bob run every possible race I've done myself and allows Bspeccing.
He's become pretty good at it and all skills and points are pretty high. 8600/96/86/84

Basically I found that lots of tracks in different cars and different races improves his skills.
I've Bspecced every endurance race as well and he's won all of them but I've had to keep a close eye on him on occasion.
 
Mouser1286
Okay I was tired earlier today, and I started the endurance race "Super Speedway 150 miles" and I did B-Spec. The driver got in first place, had a good 20 second lead, then turned LEFT!!!!!!!! He started driving against the wall, just burning out. I thought "I'll give it a couple seconds, he'll straghten out." No, he did it for well over a minute. Do the B Spec drivers really have to be that stupid?

I think that B-SPEC BOB was a bit tired and fell asleep at wheel with his foot planted on the gas :dopey: .

On a serious note im a bit surprised that he did this, never heard of that before. The only problem he gave me was missing the pits twice on a 24 hour endurance.
 
He definitely does it with low skills. I unleashed mine on the super speedway in the GTWC when he'd only been used in 3 races previously and after a couple laps he went straight into the wall, spun his tires for a while, then started spinning around randomly on the track. After he got lapped I gave up, quit, and restarted the championship, no more b-spec bob until the endurance races.
 
I thought all my B-Spec blunders were behind me until last night. I put Bob in an F1 on El-Cap, and he went off into the sand. He managed to get himself wedged in a corner between two walls, and spent two minutes going back and forth before I stopped the damn race.
 
Someone may have said this already but the B-spec is only as good as much you've used it. If it's your first time he'll drive like a beginner and most likely make more mistakes. If you have say 8000+ B-Spec points he won't drive like such an idiot.
 
Mine is already near 9000pts. He's still an idiot, and I still have to manage him around SECA.

90% of the time, though, he's just fine, but there are some things B-Spec can NEVER learn.
 
Mouser1286
Okay I was tired earlier today, and I started the endurance race "Super Speedway 150 miles" and I did B-Spec. The driver got in first place, had a good 20 second lead, then turned LEFT!!!!!!!!

Funny, I don't get very concerned when mine turns left at Super Speedway since both corners are left handers. His habit of spinning on the exit of turn 1 was a bit alarming, however.

I did the enduro myself. Though I did find he handles the circuit without too much drama in the Formula GT car.
 
Mine decides to not pit untill all 4 tires are bright red and in the mean time while the front tires heat up as the rears are already red he drifts...well. Although that's cool it doesn't help with speed and competitors catch up.
 
Alfaholic
Funny, I don't get very concerned when mine turns left at Super Speedway since both corners are left handers. His habit of spinning on the exit of turn 1 was a bit alarming, however.

I did the enduro myself. Though I did find he handles the circuit without too much drama in the Formula GT car.

Lol, I didnt realize I wrote left, I meant right. I edited my post.
 
Back