Are we playing the best forza ever

hennessey_86 and GTP_evox
hennessey861
I don't think I have ever had this much fun playing a game, I honestly believe this is the best forza to date and I am sure we will see some of horizons features in forza 5 like night racing and maybe even dirt racing. It's definitely looking good for the future of forza motorsport.

No I don’t think so, I play both games and I still do think that forza 4 is the better game. I like the open world very much but it`s too small and I miss detail in the cars ,most of them look like crap. the sunlight is to orange and online racing is a joke with flying and submarine cars on the track. They really need to do something about their failing severs and make more racing rules in online racing..

Only time I see flying cars is when I'm lagging.

I do agree, this game is loads of fun.

Hey.

I just registered on this forum.

While I respect everybody's opinion here, FH left me deeply and grossly disappointed.

As an end-product it isn't quite a lot of things the devs promised, and there are just too many good elements missing from FM4.

Honestly, doesn't feel like a Turn 10 game, and I'm just sticking to FM4 for now.

P.s: Cutting back to 30 fps just to include night driving and up the graphical scale of the game was a terrible idea. Would like to hear more about how the game left you mislead and dissatisfied.

Hey.

Honestly, doesn't feel like a Turn 10 game, and I'm just sticking to FM4 for now.

P.s: Cutting back to 30 fps just to include night driving and up the graphical scale of the game was a terrible idea. Would like to hear more about how the game left you mislead and dissatisfied.

Turn 10 didn't develope this game, playground games did.

And what I don’t understand is way they even bother to put in the photo mode, al the paint works looks flat and al the detail you see in the paint shop is gone. Plus when in free driving in single player you constantly hear that nagging voice over cutting off the engine sound and blabber in to your ears, they really shut give us the option to shut here off.

Dont agree on the photomode part. I find the photomode to be very enjoyable. Some cars do look dull but if you work it right you can get some fantastic results. Just go check out the photomode galleries.

I agree about that voice over though. No, I'm not lost damn it.

More often than not, Alice reccomends I go to the autoshow everytime I feeling like buying a car. It's starting to creep me out. :ill:

FM4 pays more attention to cars and not just throwing in cars to appease mainstream players, so as fun as Horizon is, its car list is so bland in places that FM4 simply feels the better game for me.

I can't honestly prefer a game that has that many Ferraris compared to any other manufacturer, let alone six that are track cars, which meant six road cars didn't make the cut.

More often than not, Alice reccomends I go to the autoshow everytime I feeling like buying a car. It's starting to creep me out. :ill:

Whats even more creepy is that I think Alice has a crush on me....Its something in her voice that I can tell she digs me..

Back on subject..I have to say this is a very fun game to me...but it could be for a number of reasons...A few months ago I bought a Fanatec wheel so this has 'opened' up the game to me...the driving is very forgiving (as is the crashes)...so much that I dont mind to much of the guys online that just want to run into you on the first corner...In FM4 if that happend you were out of gas for the rest of the race...Its a great "pick up and play" game with not being to serious with tunes and such..I (and Im sure many others) would spend hours on one tune for one car for one track....You power on the xbox, hit multiplayer, join game, and you will be competative with pretty much everyone else in the lobby... which is the purpose of the game...So they hit it on the head....

It's a great game, but the racing itself doesn't come anywhere close to FM. I prefer FM for the racing and FH for the free roam.

I don't think I have ever had this much fun playing a game, I honestly believe this is the best forza to date and I am sure we will see some of horizons features in forza 5 like night racing and maybe even dirt racing. It's definitely looking good for the future of forza motorsport.

1) I love this game.

2) It may or may not be the best, depending on what you like to do, but wait until you see what comes next!!

When they get ahold of the new xBox hardware and can push the render distances out, frame rates and vehicle detail up, AND incorporate the features from BOTH F4 and FH that we all like, THAT will be the best game ever... Can they please everyone? Maybe!

Turn 10 didn't develope this game, playground games did.

Yes, I've had a few folks remind me that (on other forums), but I think it is wrong for devs to say it uses the Forza formula in an open world setting, it simply doesn't.

Additionally, I think I would have simply skipped buying this game, had T10's logo not been on the cover.

And what I don’t understand is way they even bother to put in the photo mode, al the paint works looks flat and al the detail you see in the paint shop is gone. Plus when in free driving in single player you constantly hear that nagging voice over cutting off the engine sound and blabber in to your ears, they really shut give us the option to shut here off.

Gosh, I really wanna slap that Alice character around with a giant broom! :banghead:

Running an S700 class turbocharged VR6 Beetle down the highway at over 150mph with stock bumpers, bobbing and weaving across all lanes and dodging cars as the front end tries to lift off the ground, is way more gratifying and engaging than any frankentuner experiment I've ever built in FM4 for uneventful Mulsanne runs. And hotlapping against ForzaPlanet rivals on wavy, uneven roads, nailing the throttle control and coaxing a wily RWD around the final corner to take the win, confers a deeper and more rewarding connection to the car than crawling around Sebring Club's flat kinks for the 8,049th time.

Horizon is Forza to me now. All FM4 is good for is some extra cars.

Cutting back to 30 fps just to include night driving and up the graphical scale of the game was a terrible idea.
I've always been critical of sub-60fps games, but honestly, I only noticed the reduced framerate the first time I played the demo. It's smooth as glass, and it impresses me every time I start the game.

Running an S700 class turbocharged VR6 Beetle down the highway at over 150mph with stock bumpers, bobbing and weaving across all lanes and dodging cars as the front end tries to lift off the ground, is way more gratifying and engaging than any frankentuner experiment I've ever built in FM4 for uneventful Mulsanne runs. And hotlapping against ForzaPlanet rivals on wavy, uneven roads, nailing the throttle control and coaxing a wily RWD around the final corner to take the win, confers a deeper and more rewarding connection to the car than crawling around Sebring Club's flat kinks for the 8,049th time.

Horizon is Forza to me now. All FM4 is good for is some extra cars.

I've always been critical of sub-60fps games, but honestly, I only noticed the reduced framerate the first time I played the demo. It's smooth as glass, and it impresses me every time I start the game.

Smooth as glass you say? You probably have motion enhancements turned on. My TV does 60 Hz, no enhancements.

Alice always recommends that I go buy a car immediately after I've bought a car, usually an expensive one. No, Alice, I don't want to buy another car; I'd like a chance to enjoy the $200k car I just bought. 1 in 3 of her nags are related to blowing my money on something. Maybe she's just a motivated saleswoman for the Autoshow. 💡

Smooth as glass you say? You probably have motion enhancements turned on. My TV does 60 Hz, no enhancements.
I play on a 27" CRT.

Stuttery, jittery games give my fiancée motion sickness. So does FM4's silky 60fps. But Horizon's 30fps -- which is well-suited to 60hz interlaced output -- is so flawlessly steady that she tells me she can watch it no problem. I hardly notice it myself anymore.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-forza-horizon
Earlier, we noted that the majority of console games run at 30FPS. A few minutes in the company of Forza Horizon makes you realise that this isn't strictly true: most console games target 30FPS - Playground's debut offering is remarkable in that it actually hits that target without fail, transforming the experience. We've been conditioned to accept that frame-drops and screen-tear are necessary evils: in this respect, Forza Horizon is refreshingly compromise-free.

The best game in the Forza franchise? Well, yes. And no.

As a game, Horizon does do a lot of things right. Very right, actually. It's easy to get into, it presents itself well, it looks great, sounds great and it's fun. There really isn't much more I could ask of a game, and as such, I think it's actually better at being a game than Forza 4. That's mostly down to the presentation, I'd say. Horizon manages to be very... Well, alive. It's hard to descrive, really, but in comparison, FM4 feels somewhat stale and sterile. And that's one of the things that I always though was a big plus had over GT5, which seems even more sterile, stale and dull than FM4. The fact that the single player career doesn't turn into a huge grindfest also helps with this.

Horizon also brings some new things to the table that I, personally, think will push the Forza franchise, as a whole, forward. Most notably, of course, the night racing and offroading. Both of these have been somewhat highly aniticipated to make their debut in a Forza game - and here they are.

However, Horuzin aalso lacks things that FM4 offers - things that make FM4 great. The car list is the biggest one, in my opinion. The amount of diversity of FM4's car list are, if you're asking me, unmatched. On consoles, at least. It's undedrstandable that Horizon has to make do with less cars than FM4, but that doesn't change the fact that Horizon's car list doesn't hold a candle to FM4's. There's also the lack of tuning, which, to me, is a much more minor issue, but an issue nonetheless.

There's other stuff, oike the differences in physics, AI and such - but they're mostly minor details. I think of them as such, at least. What strikes me as pure irony, though, is that FM4 seems to be more of, how shall I put it... More of an automotive playground. Again, something that I can't really explain, but I think that FM4 allows you to do so much more, at least with the community. Granted, you can't just cruise around, but the variety of races you are able to create, at least online, if you wanted, easily makes up for that.

Overall, I'd say that both FM4 and Horizon are equally good games, but for entirely different reasons. That's ingoring the current DLC debacle, of course. Now, if Horizon 2 was to feature as many cars as Forza 5, doesn't ignore tuning and offers a race track or two somewhere in the world, along with the exact same physcs - at that point, I'd say that it's better. Until it does that sort of stuff, it's just going to complement the Motorsport franchise.

And I'd think that that's the intention of Microsoft, T10 and PG. I really can't imagine that they're out to create a game that's all around better than the Forza Motorsport games.

Its definitely tons of fun, especially since I was never able to get into FM4 or 3's singleplayer career... Its definitely disappointing being a drifter that there is no advanced tuning and I feel like a monkey can drift in Horizon...

That being said, it truly is an amazing game. Beautiful graphics and great for photos.

It really depends on how you approach it... If you're expecting FM4 style sim racing implanted into a free roam game you will be disappointed. If you judge it as a free roam racing game it's the best on the market. Most realistic for sure. NFS and Test Drive and the others are.... not so good....

So I gotta say I adore Horizon just driving around is fun, but if you're looking to GT style road race stay on FM4. I have circuted the N-ring countless times :)

I play on a 27" CRT.

Stuttery, jittery games give my fiancée motion sickness. So does FM4's silky 60fps. But Horizon's 30fps -- which is well-suited to 60hz interlaced output -- is so flawlessly steady that she tells me she can watch it no problem. I hardly notice it myself anymore.

Hmm, interesting.

I game on a 40" LCD HDTV, that's 60 Hz. 60 fps games just look amazing not just still images, but also in motion. 30 fps games on the other hand, give me a headache after a while, because I tend to notice the frames too much, and to me at least, they just don't feel as silky smooth and fluid as 60 fps. The jittery and choppy movement is very hard to ignore. Evils of being a former PC gamer!

Oddly enough though, I don't seem to mind other 30 fps games like ME, GOW, RDR, MP3 etc. running at 30 fps. They look great. Perhaps they incorporate better motion blur techniques. Or maybe the fact that you're not moving along on a road at high speeds that would make you notice the choppiness! Personally, I've always detested racing/driving games running at anything less than 60 fps.

Also, since you play on a CRT, 30 fps games will look crisp in motion, since CRTs exhibit no blur. 60 Hz LCDs on the hand, perform very well with 60 fps because that is an equivalent to 60 Hz, so the game and screen are in perfect harmony so to speak! At 30 fps though, that's when you notice the blur and a little bit of choppiness. This is why they introduced screens with motion enhancements a couple of years ago. But they don't help much, since the screens themselves are still 60 Hz at their core. You might want to google all this and get more technical details and know how, might help you in assisting a future purchase and also gain a little bit of insight in the process. :cheers:

Its definitely tons of fun, especially since I was never able to get into FM4 or 3's singleplayer career... Its definitely disappointing being a drifter that there is no advanced tuning and I feel like a monkey can drift in Horizon...

That being said, it truly is an amazing game. Beautiful graphics and great for photos.

It really depends on how you approach it... If you're expecting FM4 style sim racing implanted into a free roam game you will be disappointed. If you judge it as a free roam racing game it's the best on the market. Most realistic for sure. NFS and Test Drive and the others are.... not so good....

So I gotta say I adore Horizon just driving around is fun, but if you're looking to GT style road race stay on FM4. I have circuted the N-ring countless times :)

Yeah, you're right. I was expecting the same hardcore Forza depth and realism in an open road setting, WITH 60 fps!! :banghead:

But, I've written it off now and moved on. It is what it is.

Yeah, you're right. I was expecting the same hardcore Forza depth and realism in an open road setting, WITH 60 fps!! :banghead:

But, I've written it off now and moved on. It is what it is.

Yeah I agree, it seems pretty impressive for cramming it on one disc but I'm still wondering why they did and what it could have been if it were played on 2 discs.

I love this game and I love FM1,2,3,4 for what they are and did not expect Horizon to be just like FM4 but in open world. This is a great first open world entry for Turn 10 and playgrounds. When I want to play some serious track racing sim I play F4 and when I want to just kick back and race or cruise around I play Horizon. we can't all be pleased by Turn10 and playground. I think what this game brings and what imput we gamers give to Turn 10 and playground will only help out with future FM and FH games, it can only get better I hope lol.

And hotlapping against ForzaPlanet rivals on wavy, uneven roads, nailing the throttle control and coaxing a wily RWD around the final corner to take the win, confers a deeper and more rewarding connection to the car than crawling around Sebring Club's flat kinks for the 8,049th time.

I feel exactly the same.

Latest Posts

Back