Are you a collector?

• Thread starter binici
  • 184 comments
MeBiNiCi
MeBiNiCi
Do you collect video games, movies, coins, sports card or something of some value? Curious what everyone is really into?

As of late, I love hunting and collecting board games (mostly old skool).

Also, check out my website if you are one of those members who like cataloging their items.

I collected Troy Aikman cards and memorabilia for a while but don't any more. Trying to start building and collection model cars but need to learn to airbrush first.

I collected Troy Aikman cards and memorabilia for a while but don't any more. Trying to start building and collection model cars but need to learn to airbrush first.

Lol, my best buddy loved collecting Troy Aikman and Dallas Cowboys mem. He's hardcore Cowboys fan and now he collects all the player figures and keeps them sealed.

Good times!

Toy cars of all kinds.
Very old books. (I have some that are over 100 years old.)
Coins and Bills.
Teapots.
Movies - VCR, DVD and Blu-Ray.
Vinyl 33's.
Video Games.

Do I have a lot of crap that needs to be thrown out? Yes.

Legos, die cast cars from since I was around 2, and now I'm getting a bunch of old Playstation 1 stuff I missed out on as a kid and games I used to own. Like, Ridge Racer 4.

If anything I collect computer hardware if I need it for any computer repair and for my own enjoyment. You could call it an "itch" and that "itch" has to be satisfied somehow.

Back when Pokemon fever was at its peak, I collected all 151 cards. :D

Still have the whole collection in those sleeve pages. I'll try to grab some pics of the good pages. Other than Pokemon 10 years ago, it's now 1:64 Hot Wheels.

EDIT: Some Baseketball, Pokemon, and some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Something for everyone.

My brother has thousands of baseketball cards.
IMG_2035.jpg

Still remember finding that Charizard.
IMG_2013-1.jpg

Who doesn't remember my boy Pikachu?
IMG_2015.jpg

And some holographic Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. I know nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh! so I don't know why I have these.
IMG_2037.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I collect Choro Q's, around 11 of the little cars, and growing.

I also collect merchandise from Formula D(Rift) events.

Besides model cars, I've actually been collecting shot glasses. Spent over $100 worth on my trip to Vegas alone. :lol:

Watches. Expensive hobby though :guilty:

LOL, Same, dont actually call myself a collector although I got about 5 that I change between during the year. My dad on the other hand is an avid collector and has around 150+ watches, sometimes I might borrow one of his to better suit an outfit but alot of the time theres to much choice to go through.

Latest time piece I added to the collection was a IWC Schaffhausen, prior to that was a Bell & Ross BR01-92 (blue), Prior to that was an Omega speed master - moon watch (My fave by far) and also a couple of tags (one of them being the monaco racing edition)

Apart from that I like to collect lighters, in particular ones from overseas (the touristy kind), also got a box full of lighters from various strip clubs all over the world.

In a way yes, but not really on a large scale. Most of my collectable items are from theme parks (yeah... I'm a big theme park nerd). Everytime I go to a park, I pick up a map and have a collection of all the maps from the different parks over the years. I also like to purchase on ride photos and have around 15 of those up on my wall.

Dvd's/blu-rays, cd's and all sorts of other stuff. My main addictions recently has been kitchen equipment :D

I really need to stop and save for a house though.

Regrets and Dust.

I've been through the phase of "collecting" films, first when it VHS, then all over again when it was DVD's, I kind of think now it's a waste of time, also, it wasn't so much a collection, as just "buying a lot of".. I bought about 400, but thats when they used to cost proper money... these days you could buy 400 for about £400!

The closest thing to a collection I have is my 1:18th racing BMW's (about 20-25 of them)

I also used to keep all the old Southern Comfort bottles I had drunk.... looot of money went into that collection :) It got so big that when I moved into a flat they had to be chucked :( Except for two, which are nicely presented as "The Best of Times / The Worst of Times"...

.. Oh also BMW Mags... have about 17-18 years worth.

When I was a kid I did a lot of traveling. Collect matches from all the places I went to, since a lot of places gave out free matches.

Started collecting coins with my dad at age 6 and stopped when he died when I was 10.

Next, baseball cards. Then, the market went dead and stopped for good. But before then, I hit 16 years old and saved all my money for my first car. A 1969 Dodge Charger. Also, I saved money for chicks.

After getting decent jobs and gigs (I was a professional musician at the time) I started collecting guitars. It got crazy and had to limit my self. Plus, a few guitars got stollen and really pissed me off. So, I stopped altogether. Today, I hardly touch a guitar and don't play very much.

Now a-days, I'd say I collect firearms and German precision hand tools. But, I don't go overboard with it.

Back