Are you able?

• Thread starter Hazzbinn
  • 13 comments
England
kent
Hazzbinn
Well I was just wondering if it is possible to play with a keyboard and mouse? or is it just ridiculously hard and inaccurate?

Possible? I guess you could map them to work, but I'm not even sure, I think it does require some sort of controller. That said, you will get obliterated with that setup, I wouldn't bother spending the money on a subscription if you were gonna drive like that.

So you want to drive with 0/100% throttle, 0/100% brake, etc? And you think you can do that in a sim, driving inches away from other cars?

Just don't.

lol ok well I wasn't going to attempt it, was just wondering if I could as i like the look of teh game but haven't got a steering wheel for PC

Get one, well worth the money. Even if you just get a DFGT or something, its a great wheel and relatively inexpensive.

Well I was just wondering if it is possible to play with a keyboard and mouse? or is it just ridiculously hard and inaccurate?

Well the game says you need a wheel to play.

Anyway, why on earht would you play whit keyboard in a SIM racing game :crazy:

Well I see now I lined myself up for a ripping by asking this question but as I said I didn't know if you could, thanks for clearing it up :P

Well I see now I lined myself up for a ripping by asking this question but as I said I didn't know if you could, thanks for clearing it up :P

Nah you're not being ripped, its a question, but yeah the game wont even allow you to use a keyboard to drive. A controller maybe, but you will need a wheel if you want to to succeed here.

I bought a DFGT new for £84 and used it for around a year. When I decided to upgrade I managed to sell it for £70+ on ebay.

My point is that if you buy it and decide to sell it because you don't use it enough or want to upgrade then it will have cost you peanuts.

If you are really into racing then I can promise you that you will not regret buying either a DFGT or iRacing. Both brilliant products, and the DFGT is the best £84 (£14) I have ever spent. 👍

the question isn't Can you play .. the question is should you play with a keyboard or controller... the answer is no.

please don't join and ruin many poeple's races when you turn a corner and ram everyone off the road because of your full-steering lock...

do yourself a favor and save for a few weeks and get a DFGT.... come join us and you'll thank me for it.

Back