Are You An Angry Driver?

• Thread starter kilesa4568
  • 101 comments

Do you retaliate to contact with contact?

• Total voters
if somebody does something that i deem unnecessary or uncalled for i will usually just bump them back. its gotta be egregious for me to fully hit somebody off the track. what really pisses me off is when people dont care. they take you out by accident and you say something but they say stfu or something instead of just owning up to it. if you say sorry or explain then it makes things alot easier. if i take somebody out by my own mistake, i try to slow down a bit and try and let them back on so they know i didnt just punt and run. sometimes when people brake way earlier there is nothing you can do and i usually just carry on. if everybody is braking at 100m and somebody brakes at 125+ you dont give the trailing cars much time to avoid you even if they are planning on braking a bit early to compensate for slipstream/air.

On two occasions in just over 100 races I've had the mindset to get someone and in all honesty I felt a little bit of a douche afterwards, had a guy fully in my sights in a recent race, took aim and he almost drove off the road to let me through, then after the race he apologised for holding me up in qualifying as he 'wasnt fully in control' of his car 🤬:dunce::(
It made me think about how many competitors I may have innadvertantly impeded during those 100+ races.

I've watched top split races where they do the same thing then get egg on their chin when they find out they're wrong.

At least you didn't hit him.:lol:

(P.S. @kilesa4568 you need to stop (or just slow down a bit) at Willow and Sardenga;))

More time to come but I used the Shifter 1st and wore myself out.:rolleyes:

As you'd expect, I only did 3 laps on that one. Tsukuba nausea all the way.:yuck:

One time, Gr.3 Nordschleife daily race. I had pole and 2nd was a Corvette which (at the time) had crazy top end. I would put tenths on the guy through every sector, but he would always catch me back up on the main straights. 911, low top end.

Anyway, the knucklehead shoved me off the road trying to pass me @ Klostertal, (barely kept on the road himself) which is a colossally idiotic place to pass as it’s a flying corner. At this point I’m like alright, this is not happening. I had already caught him back up by Karussell which was only ~2 corners away from where he pushed me off. I tapped his rear end just hard enough to bump him out of the carousel bank, and took back my position.

I didn’t completely ruin his race, he was still just right behind me. I proceeded to smoke him through the rest of the track and couldn’t even see him by the time I hit Dottinger.

This is really the only notable time I’ve ever hit someone in retaliation, and IMO I behaved myself and would expect this kind of thing from anyone. If you totally screw up an overtake you shouldn’t have attempted, etiquette says you should at least give the position back, if it’s reasonable to do so. He didn’t, so I took it.

Yes & no. It depends on the severity of the initial contact.

If some clown clearly went in for the kill and I'm too slow to avoid it I will assume we're playing a different game and their death will soon follow. It can be fun sometimes.

If its just minor contact I don't really care. With relentless repeated minor contact it usually resolves itself, either by the player going off or me driving away. Its not often that players that do this are that consistent.

Sport Mode, never, unless I see it's someobe punting me often on purpose to gain positions.

League racing: never.

Loobies with strangers: No. But if I see too much contact (even between others) I immediately leave the lobby, regardless of my position in the race. I don't have time or patience for dirty driving.

Think of it this way, It’s gonna piss the guy off a lot more if you come back and pass him cleanly after he bumps you off then to just retaliate and bump him off track as well. ;)

Most of the time this is the case for me, but then you get the odd person who will just try and bump you off again in the next corner anyway. That is when I retaliate, lol.

Most of the time this is the case for me, but then you get the odd person who will just try and bump you off again in the next corner anyway. That is when I retaliate, lol.

When that happens I’ll usually try to go for some fake pass attempts to get him moving around and looking in his mirrors/radar to try and throw him off until he puts himself off the road, you’d be surprised at how often it works. :lol:

I like rough racing. I like touring car style racing. I’m often one to bump people and close the door. But that only happens with organised racing. If someone nudges me about, I’ll nudge them back.

If I go to the dailies and get whacked around, I’ll try and let it go but it gets to a point where i can’t allow any more. Like last week, I got spun by the same guy on sardegna at turn 3 in 4 separate races because our qually times were .001 apart. Race 5 I decided to let him in turn 1 and just let him know I wasn’t messing and decided to give his back quarter at t3 a love tap. He had the cheek to send me a message getting angry.

I like rough racing. I like touring car style racing. I’m often one to bump people and close the door. But that only happens with organised racing. If someone nudges me about, I’ll nudge them back.

If I go to the dailies and get whacked around, I’ll try and let it go but it gets to a point where i can’t allow any more. Like last week, I got spun by the same guy on sardegna at turn 3 in 4 separate races because our qually times were .001 apart. Race 5 I decided to let him in turn 1 and just let him know I wasn’t messing and decided to give his back quarter at t3 a love tap. He had the cheek to send me a message getting angry.

They NEVER remember punting you off. Its always a surprise.

I shoot a lot of middle fingers at my tv. (USA) :lol:
Most of the time I let it slide unless they bumper car me a half/whole lap. I get more mad at guys banging my doors in than bump my rear bumper.

I voted no, I might tap someone back but I won’t ruin their race.

It's not ruining someone elses fun if they started it. Its joining the "game".

Are you insinuating something?

I didn't insinuate anything. I was clear when I said I leave the lobbies when I'm not enjoying it. I thought it was clear.

I'm angry but I don't strike back just in case it was an accident, although if I see someone purposefully driving off-track to force a penalty after light contact they're getting punted off the track on the next turn.

Another interesting phenomenon is that people who've hit you tell you in the chat, they're just not good enough to navigate their car that precise ... again and again ... as their long time excuse for not even trying to learn and improve :irked: !

Wow, that's a new one for me. I'd give them an "A" for creativity, but they'd likely still get the chrome horn for repeated offenses.

I'm not an angry driver, I'm a gawd-damned sexy driver with a super hot bot.

Well I must be, with the amount of folks trying to bash me from behind at every corner.

Best reply ever!:lol:

Small sample size from the vote so far but it shows there's a good chance they're going to meet themselves if they're willing to use contact. It's just a shame about the collateral damage.

I'm beginning to understand why some people are walking away from sport mode now though. Too many people are treating the game like the UFC and getting drawn into unnecessary toe stomping battles. I'll just stick with staying out of trouble and prioritise my total race time instead. I make enough mistakes as it is without deliberately adding to them.:crazy:

If I'm convinced it's on purpose I just can't help myself sometimes. I've taken people out by accident and I honestly feel bad when it happens so I try to keep that in mind. The funny thing is when I try to do it on purpose I really suck at it and it always turns out to be a disaster for me. Maybe someday I'll grow up

@kilesa4568 Back in GT5 / GT6, more than once when I've been downright rammed off the road, I used that anger to just catch up to that *one* person and keep on their tail, driving so recklessly in that pitch blackness of fury that I tap walls, had the car on the brink of breaking traction and if the hit was that bad to me, I'd just punt them off back.

Perhaps you've ah, read in previous posts of mine how I used to drive. Nowadays, I'm focused on being clean; I don't bother with punting back because that leads toooo... *dreaded SR down icon*. So... I'm not sure what vote to cast? Although deep down, the fires of revenge still burn hotly, I'm able to supress them...

There's only one case I'll get actively agressive : if the other driver has repeatedly done obviously dangerous manoeuvers to me in the same race to the point being around him makes me feel my chances of surviving are threatened. Only 2 times on GTS was I ever triggered into this survival mode and brought my aggression up on purpose.

First time in a daily race on Maggiore GP, guy was outright bumping me or divebombing and leaning on me, even after I made evasive moves to avoid contact, while I was overtaking him cleanly. Gave him a few nudges on the door in a straight line as a warning. Guy then just didn't brake at the banked hairpin trying to hit me on purpose. Found out later he's a notoriously dirty driver.

Second time was in a FIA race, the one on Brands Hatch with the 10 million Aston Martin. Guy divebombed other people early in the race, divebombed me later, and started gently pushing me on the grass in straight lines each time I went for the cutback out of a corner. Decided to just brutally send it at turn 6 and claim the apex, not caring for any consequence it could have for him. He turned onto me and GTS collision physics sent him back in the gravel trap. Looking at the replay later on I realized he pit manoeuvered someone else on purpose between turn 2 and turn 3.

That's everything in 370 sport races on GTS. Not a single time I went for the outright punt from behind, and you'll never see me do that (except in Tidgney's wreckfest lobbies :D ) because there's just no excuse for it.

I'm use to be, because sometimes tend to be aggressive and angry irl, but most of the time more focus on race than on certain drivers and road events. Usually never have an intention to make a harm, even after obvious provocation and revenge actions from others.

@kilesa4568 Back in GT5 / GT6, more than once when I've been downright rammed off the road, I used that anger to just catch up to that *one* person and keep on their tail, driving so recklessly in that pitch blackness of fury that I tap walls, had the car on the brink of breaking traction and if the hit was that bad to me, I'd just punt them off back.

My first few online races on GT6 (first on any game) were very similar. When quick matches started, they were a war zone and you'd need to be Ghandi to not get angry. I soon spotted a trend though. The same drivers were winning all the races and they were the only people not to get involved in the fighting.

It's nigh on impossible to not get angry at some of the careless stupidity you see on track. I growl a lot and throw mutter the odd swear word here and there but I'm not going to compound it by starting a war.

Besides all that, I like the nice warm and fuzzy feeling you get from a nice clean pass. Especially if it's on a person who's previously tried to kill me.

Perhaps you've ah, read in previous posts of mine how I used to drive. Nowadays, I'm focused on being clean; I don't bother with punting back because that leads toooo... *dreaded SR down icon*. So... I'm not sure what vote to cast? Although deep down, the fires of revenge still burn hotly, I'm able to supress them...

You've got the skill to pull off safe (but annoying!:lol:) bump passes so I've no doubt you can turn those same skills into clean passes. Vote no. The yes votes are big enough.:scared:

There's only one case I'll get actively agressive : if the other driver has repeatedly done obviously dangerous manoeuvers to me in the same race to the point being around him makes me feel my chances of surviving are threatened. Only 2 times on GTS was I ever triggered into this survival mode and brought my aggression up on purpose.

First time in a daily race on Maggiore GP, guy was outright bumping me or divebombing and leaning on me, even after I made evasive moves to avoid contact, while I was overtaking him cleanly. Gave him a few nudges on the door in a straight line as a warning. Guy then just didn't brake at the banked hairpin trying to hit me on purpose. Found out later he's a notoriously dirty driver.

Second time was in a FIA race, the one on Brands Hatch with the 10 million Aston Martin. Guy divebombed other people early in the race, divebombed me later, and started gently pushing me on the grass in straight lines each time I went for the cutback out of a corner. Decided to just brutally send it at turn 6 and claim the apex, not caring for any consequence it could have for him. He turned onto me and GTS collision physics sent him back in the gravel trap. Looking at the replay later on I realized he pit manoeuvered someone else on purpose between turn 2 and turn 3.

That's everything in 370 sport races on GTS. Not a single time I went for the outright punt from behind, and you'll never see me do that (except in Tidgney's wreckfest lobbies :D ) because there's just no excuse for it.

Most of the streams and FiA races I watch have you in them from time to time and I've heard other drivers speak highly of you. You know the score.👍

Latest Posts

Back