Are you content with number of tracks in Gran Turismo Sport?

Are you content with the amount of tracks I GTS

• Total voters
Being very honest, I felt kinda sad that the tracks we got from GT6 is gone in GTSport, now relying on continuous monthly updates to get it back.

I would say it's not really enough. I'll wait until either atleast 90% of real world tracks from GT6 coming back (fictional tracks are optional though) or atleast having nearly the same amount of track number as in GT6.

Less concerned with the number of tracks and more about how distinctive the track roster is, considering most racing sims nowdays have more or less the same roster of tracks.

Also, the fewer games Silverstone is in the better.

When Gran Turismo Sport came out, it was widely criticised for a lack of track variation. With another update today, and an additional 8 updates with tracks, spanning 19 different layouts. The question is, is it safe to say we have enough tracks on Gran Turismo Sport?
There is a massive improvement from the launch game, but tracks are never enough. Plus, to me Lake Maggiore is the only track that doesn't suck. I would prefer more classic tracks but FIA sucks...

Less concerned with the number of tracks and more about how distinctive the track roster is, considering most racing sims nowdays have more or less the same roster of tracks.

Also, the fewer games Silverstone is in the better.
There’s a reason why the same tracks appear in every racing game. Because they’re the best and most iconic tracks to race on.

I feel like GT Sport is a bit lacking in quality tracks IMO. I hardly ever race on BB raceway, Northern Isle, Alsace, Willow Springs, Brands Hatch, Tokyo or any of the Dirt tracks. To me this makes it seem like there are less tracks than there really is since I never use them. I'm sure other people like these tracks but I'm personally not a fan of them.

Of course not, we’re still missing some tracks from GT6 alone. Laguna Seca, Spa, Motegi, Silverstone, Indianapolis and Daytona I feel like theres a chance of 99% that they will be added in the future it’s just a matter of when for these tracks imo.

Should never be content with a set amount. Tracks should always be added when possible. It benefits the next iteration of a game and of course benefits the gamers.

There’s just too many big real life tracks and GT classic tracks missing for me to be content. It’s not terrible now but it leaves a lot to be desired.

While I feel happy (content) with what is currently on show, I would still love to see some extra tracks.

One track (from the many still missing ) that they could bring to GT Sport is Blackwood from LFS ooooo yes love that lay out .

Absolutely not. GTS needs way more real circuits, and far less dull fictional tracks. Wich would mean all of them atm. This new roster of fictional tracks is horrid, to say the least.
I honestly don’t understand the need for them at all. There are so many incredible tracks around the world, that fictional ones always fall short.
I understand that it’s a cheap way of dodging lincenses, but that is also the problem. It is cheap.

I would say that I'm satisfied with the way they have been updating the tracklist. I think they've done a great job adding tracks, both real and fantasy, to improve the games tracklist. Having said that, there are too many real world tracks missing for me to really be 'satisfied'. You can never have too many, in my opinion. Once we get Spa I'd like to see some North American tracks that we haven't seen before or in a while, specifically Watkins Glen, Road America, and Sonoma. Then I would be content.

PD have done an incredible job adding more tracks. I think PD need to just add Laguna Seca, Cote d'azur and Spa.

Then I think they need to start focusing on adding the good classic fictional circuits like Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Autumn Ring and Apricot Hill, as well as some road and city circuits.

If the servers were still running, I'd be playing GT6.

Massive car list, massive track list, acceptable graphics, acceptable physics.

The list of great tracks from GT6 still missing is almost longer than the current total list:
GT6: 41 distinct tracks, 86 layouts, as compared to GTS: 26 distinct tracks and 48 total tracks.

It would be helpful if the poll had a tick box for 'played GT6 or didn't', LOL It's a lot easier to be happy with the way things are now, if you didn't come from where we were then..!

Just to remind everyone, here's the list of tracks yet to appear (not including multiple layouts):

Fantasy tracks from GT5
World tracks
City tracks
Snow and dirt
Tracks that didn't appear in GT5, and have been included in GT6 are:

Original tracks
World tracks

I am satisfied with the perceived commitment from PD to provide us with new tracks on a monthly basis.

For all we know, PD were always going to release these tracks and future tracks on a monthly schedule; until an unknown date.

This also applies for cars.

I also agree with others that reverse tracks don’t count, but am willing to concede they are okay for original tracks given they are fictional anyway and there is no known way to drive around them.

Content yes, but would be happy to get more.

That said, I think this game really needs an online leaderboard aspect to time trialing. If they could add something like that in before focusing on any more tracks that would be great.

Content yes, but would be happy to get more.

That said, I think this game really needs an online leaderboard aspect to time trialing. If they could add something like that in before focusing on any more tracks that would be great.

The modeling team is most likely entirely separate from the team that does in game features.

It's the PACE of new tracks that discourages me. Five new real tracks (all of which came from GT6, so not really 'new') and only two totally new fantasy tracks (maybe two or more depending on how you define 'new'... personally, I don't count adaptations of existing tracks) in almost 12 months. Let's round it out to one new real track per two months.

Nine real tracks to go... A year and a half or more before we approach GT6's real track list. Let alone start to add totally new real world tracks. And that means basically no remodeled GT6 fantasy tracks, or that 18 months gets a LOT longer. And, IMHO, many of the fantasy tracks were some of the best to race on in smaller cars. GTS's new fantasy tracks have an addiction to super wide rumble strips and acres of legitimate usable runoff, leading to way too much four off shenanigans. GT6's fantasy tracks were more realistic in the rumbles and closeness of the sand and grass, and led to better racing.

I simply get the feeling that GTS is creeping snail-like to barely equal GT6, and it may be two more games before we get to play something that equals the previous game. Personally, I think we gave up far too much for a little better eye candy and a poorly stewarded esports section.

You can never have enough tracks. :sly:

However it's much better now than it was, that's for sure. :cheers:

Still I can't vote yes when I feel there's still a few important tracks missing but at the same time it feels wrong to vote no now too after all these free additions. :cool:

Exactly.

How can there ever be enough and to vote yes when we have less tracks than all the rivals and the previous games is just ridiculous.

This is why they get away with it.

Back