Are you faster than your best BOB?

• Thread starter phil_75
  • 52 comments
England
UK
phil_75
I noticed some people saying their BOB's were faster than them so I decided to test my own level 39 BOB.

I put BOB in the B-SPEC seasonal 650PP Nurburgring 24hr on Racing Hards in the R35 TC, he was 2nd at the end of lap 1, I kept pushing "increase speed" so he would be going as fast as possible, he passed the leading Ford GT early on and didn't lose any time, no mistakes were made even though he was in the red the entire lap.

He finished the lap in 8.45.

I then went to practice with same car, settings (no aids only ABS 1) and tyres and did it in 7.55 so nearly a full minute quicker, I was very surprised that I was so much quicker!

Try it yourselves and see if you or your BOB is quicker, its a fun little challenge for a Sunday:)

Who said that ??
I never used the X2010 => Bob might be faster with this "Car".

All others I´m miles ahead. I get mad when I watch what my Bobs do. Brake too early, lift the throttle while passing someone and doing always the same stupid mistake at the same corners/places regardless of cool or hot.

My best Bob is lvl 28 second best is 21 rest are 0.

Faster than the best BOB?
Every race you do in A-Spec with cars in similar cars are already the "best BOBs".
And since we all have cleared A-Spec, I guess that means only one thing...

Yes my best Bob is faster than me but it is really not fair as he goes by the name of Senna. He excels particularly over me when it comes to driving cars that have no headlights at speed and with consistency on tracks such as Circuit de la Sarthe and Nurburgring at night.

Never heard of this before. In an FGT and x2010 I can understand, but nothing else.

I find them to be frustratingly slow most of the time.

I noticed some people saying their BOB's were faster than them so I decided to test my own level 39 BOB.

I put BOB in the B-SPEC seasonal 650PP Nurburgring 24hr on Racing Hards in the R35 TC, he was 2nd at the end of lap 1, I kept pushing "increase speed" so he would be going as fast as possible, he passed the leading Ford GT early on and didn't lose any time, no mistakes were made even though he was in the red the entire lap.

He finished the lap in 8.45.

I then went to practice with same car, settings (no aids only ABS 1) and tyres and did it in 7.55 so nearly a full minute quicker, I was very surprised that I was so much quicker!

Try it yourselves and see if you or your BOB is quicker, its a fun little challenge for a Sunday:)

That's not fair to your BOB, he set his time in a race where he had to work his way through traffic while you just set you time in practice.

That's not fair to your BOB, he set his time in a race where he had to work his way through traffic while you just set you time in practice.

Read it again with your eyes open!

Well it seems everyone is faster, not much of a challenge then!

What about see who can beat 7.55 in same car @650PP, RH Tyres, No aids except ABS?

Without a doubt I'm faster then my BOB's, the only thing they're better at than me, is saving tyrewear and driving those Redbull things (only time I drove in one, was with that seasonal event)

Read it again with your eyes open!

Well it seems everyone is faster, not much of a challenge then!

What about see who can beat 7.55 in same car @650PP, RH Tyres, No aids except ABS?

Just opened 1 eye and re-read it.

Try this, try running him like 3/4 Hot. Depending on the track I find that they run faster times while not totally hot. Still wont be faster than you though.

Bobs all have some really annoying habits, especially on passing. All of my Bobs with either step out of the draft WAAAY too early, thereby losing the opportunity to gain speed and sail right by their opponents, OR they'll stay in slipstream and run right up the tailpipe of the car ahead, and THEN slow down and step out to try to pass.

Most of the time, my Bobs do a great job of actually staying on the track. It's passing where they fail utterly.

My best bob has many skills that are superior to me i.e. driving an X2010/FGT, driving in the rain, driving blind (err.. in the night), conserving tires.. etc. All that being said, I'd still place the bet on my own lap times.

Want to really be disappointed in the AI?
This is semi-related...
But run a race and park the car. Let the AI finish the race and then you finish (the race won't end until you complete all the laps).
Note the total time and lap times.

Then, run that same race, same field. Note the total time and lap times.
The AI will be a full minute faster on even the shortest track with you running a competitive race.

Why is this?

My main Bob is slower than me for outright pace. But he's way better at keeping out of the scenery. :dunce: That said I'd bet me against my Bob with similar cars almost anywhere, any conditions and any track except maybe Nordschleife.

Want to really be disappointed in the AI?
This is semi-related...
But run a race and park the car. Let the AI finish the race and then you finish (the race won't end until you complete all the laps).
Note the total time and lap times.

Then, run that same race, same field. Note the total time and lap times.
The AI will be a full minute faster on even the shortest track with you running a competitive race.

Why is this?

Well, I've just done the Extreme GT cup races (Not sure of the name but bottom right of the 9 boxes.) using a Bentley Speed8, with high boost turbo. All my races except the Nurburg 24h had one thing in common, my second lap was the fastest and the third nearly as fast. As, by then, I was well ahead of the field I eased up. Only on the Nurburg where there are only 3 laps anyway, and I'm not at all familiar with the circuit, was I needing to try in the last lap, which was my fastest by a chunk. (I was fighting to get from 4th to 1st and only managed it on the fast run in towards the end. That Bentley, even with maximum downforce is seriously fast! :scared::scared::scared:)

Back