Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6? Speak your voice directly at Polyphony Digital.

• Thread starter JDM SRE70
  • 131 comments

Are you happy with Gran Turismo 6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So just because other games are doing it, it's okay for GT too? Sorry, but my standards for GT are a little higher than that, especially when you mentioned GT the career mode, which was better in previous titles. They also had a chance to learn from GT5, but some core areas have hardly improved in GT6.

[QUOTE="NW48, post: 9925050, member: 260256And yes PD has made GT6 online-orientated with a short career and not up to scratch AI, but doesn't every other game make mistakes like that? [/QUOTE]
The bold writing sums up my reply, I said "But doesn't every other game make mistakes like that?" I did not say that PD are doing it just because other games are, I noted those negatives as 'mistakes' not something they did just to get the community all riled up.

I have said this on other threads as well, GT6 should have never been release on PS3 but PD or Sony had made a mistake doing that. But it is an enjoyable game on PS3 and I am happy with GT6. 👍

Gran Turismo is almost the only game series I play, and while I was expecting more out of GT6, I can't say I'm disappointed with it. It was only released as a placeholder until GT7 could be released, and that was probably a mistake (they could've just continued to update GT5 and probably have made just as much money doing so).

The graphics are fantastic, and most of the bugs related to the visual aspect of the game (shadow flickering, texture rendering, etc.) most likely won't be on GT7, since they seem to be related to the PS3's limited hardware capabilities. The dynamic lighting and shadows are still quite impressive, even in their current buggy state.

The only other current game with physics that surpass GT6's in terms of realism is iRacing, and it's much more expensive to play in the long run. I've driven professionally myself in the past and I can positively say that most of the movements are very accurate and the weight transfer effects are abysmal. These things will improve yet again in GT7, I'm sure of it.

As a placeholder, this is an amazing game. As a full release, it's basically just mediocre compared to past GT games. But you have to remember, GT6 is basically GT7: Prologue.

As a placeholder, this is an amazing game. As a full release, it's basically just mediocre compared to past GT games. But you have to remember, GT6 is basically GT7: Prologue.
I didn't buy GT7:Prologue, nor was it advertised as such. I was promised a whole game from PD with a wealth of new and wonderful sounding features, none of which have been delivered, at least the ones that have any consequence to gameplay. Calling it a Prologue is just a way of putting lipstick on a pig. We expected a new game and didn't get it, so let's downgrade the name to Prologue and that'll make everyone understand why they didn't get what they expected to get. I don't think so.

An event at Silverstone, a whole weekend at Ronda, a street named after Kaz, a full demo including GT Academy, the uneccesary termination of GT5's online services and 60 bucks for a Beta?

I mean it is but it's scary that they thinks it's ok. They've had almost 10 years of experience with the PS3, they have possibly the highest budget from Sony's ip, they had an extremely solid base with GT5, they weren't starting from scratch and still, somehow, GT6 is an inferior product.

I didn't buy GT7:Prologue, nor was it advertised as such. I was promised a whole game from PD with a wealth of new and wonderful sounding features, none of which have been delivered, at least the ones that have any consequence to gameplay. Calling it a Prologue is just a way of putting lipstick on a pig. We expected a new game and didn't get it, so let's downgrade the name to Prologue and that'll make everyone understand why they didn't get what they expected to get. I don't think so.
Actually you're right, I just re-read my post and most of it was quite idiotic. In my defense, I was half asleep when I wrote it, haha.

I voted no mostly because of the terrible uncompetitive AI, made even more terrible by the rubberbanding. To a lesser extent, but still important are the presence of standard cars, and no livery editor. I'd probably be unhappy about the low credit rewards if I didn't do the money glitch (which I thought was probably one of the best things that happened to this game).

One thing I am happy about is the wheel selection. I think the wheel selection is wonderful this time around.

I voted no...Playing GT6 makes me happy just like playing any of the GT games before it made me happy. GT6 as a whole though pisses me off. We were promised so much and we got less than we had before. And now waiting for everything that maybe will come out, or maybe not, or maybe it will in the next game, or maybe not at all ever. The vagueness of timelines. The half assed responses to legitimate issues like the sound quality. It's all ridiculous.

Thumb up on this! This can be a major improvement for the game. As a recent GT fan and beginner, I still like this game a lot. I hope more features like this and many others will come in.

Another reason i like this game is because of GTPLANET community being so involved in giving out suggestions :D

I voted no but for only one reason. I only intended to race online, so anything happening offline is irrelevant to me. I used the money glitch to load up on cars so the poor game economy was also irrelevant to me. What has torpedoed the game for me is the lack of Community Features to date. They were announced as being available in January and we know portions of it have been in the game since launch but even before the game released I expected them to be a top priority for PD, after all, what's more important than encouraging gameplay with your newly released game?

Without the Community Features, online became the same as GT5. A random crapshoot of racing tire rooms, drag/drift/cruise lobbies and no way to do a search of circuit racing rooms on a given tire, nor any way to advertise to the community, within the game, that you were hosting an event at a given time. The archaic 2007 online portion of the game is just disappointing and unworthy of the series.

* Sound
* AI
* VERY limited options
* Standard cars
* Online is a joke
* Sound
* No Damage
* No Endurance
* Did I mention sound?
* Still no course creator
* Clutch model is still bad

The list goes on for me.

Sorry fellas, GT on PS3 should have been the benchmark of the series, but IMO its not even close.

EDIT: * The paint chip system is just pure garbage.

I'll go ahead and say no, I'm not happy with it - although disappointed would be a more correct word in this case.

Briefly, I'm mainly severely let down by the current career mode, the still subpar sounds and the terrible AI. The aforementioned makes for a rather dull and cringeworthy single player experience regardless of GT6's huge car and track roster, in my opinion. However, I can't say the same about GRID Autosport, which I purchased recently. It offers me the things that are lacking from GT or things that I would like to see in Gran Turismo - but the bottom line is that it offers me a fun and proper (virtual) racing experience; an AI and career mode that is worth my time.

As for the Course Maker, the community features and other ''future updates'', I'm done waiting.

There are of course other issues I could mention and go into detail about, but the above is the main reason why I'm not happy with the game overall and why I probably won't ever bother with it again.

Once you go G:AS, you don't go back.

I'd have to say NO just because PD has failed to deliver on the very things they are still advertising for the game (online options, course creator etc). I do like GT6 for what it does but until PD delivers on things they advertise then I'd have to go with NO. I'd disappointed with PD because they seem to be a bit over ambitious. They talk a grand talk but in the end their actual videogame isn't nearly as grandiose as their vision for it.

I'll always love GT for what it was and I'll never forget the first time I saw a demo station playing replays of the original GT and the first time I got to play the game, I still enjoy it to this day and it is still one of my top 5 game series. But PD has to do something to step their game up when it comes to the actual gaming part of the videogame they create. The gameplay is stuck in the year 2000 (not the physics or nice looking premium cars, I mean the single player options, career mode etc etc).

I'm not disappointed - I'm baffled.

Kaz is not a type of person that bends to requests or learn from competitors.

In a way - it's a good thing...but in another more conventional way it's terrible.

You simply get what he creates - like it or hate it. No amount of requests, votes, threads is going to change his mind of things he putts into the game. Not even a very simple and logical tweak like more slots to log times in time trials.

He also doesn't give you the game - he must be in control even when YOU are playing.

"We don't want to see our cars painted by users" - no customization = PD remains in control

"Career is our vision of how to play the game" - no customization = PD remains in control

It's a very unique and mostly abandoned way of doing things in the industry - creating a game for themselves rather than for the user.

Honestly, which game is thrown up the most when it comes to racing games... Gran Turismo. I think that GT6 is an absolutely brilliant game but just like every other game known to man, it has its flaws. Yes GT6 does have some inconsistencies but doesn't every game?? And yes PD has made GT6 online-orientated with a short career and not up to scratch AI, but doesn't every other game make mistakes like that? Honestly, anyone who bought GT6 has recieved alot more than they bargained for especially when compared to Forza 5, I mean, Free-DLC, does another Forza 5 have that? Time and weather changes, does Forza have that? Vision GT, a project that allows the leading global brands to design their own concept cars in a world-renownded game, Forza or ANY other game definitely doesn't have, not on this scale anyway. In my opinion, if GT6 is anything to go by, GT7 will be an absolute treat and quite possibly the greatest racer of all-time. (Yes I know a very bold claim!)
No way, GT has been in this for 15 years all excuses are obsolete now just like what PD & Kaz have become, there going backwards, their focus is on moon patrolling cars, gt academy, driving GT-R's on Nuremburg, app for iphone is only available, CASH COW deluxe is what their about now, they don't listen to the us the fans, GT6 hasn't been out a year & now their talking about GT7 Sheeeesh! mannnnnn I cud go on & on but why even bother, PROJECT CARS is coming that's all I know, & the end of & era will be forgotten case closed.

I'm afraid I'm going to vote no. GT6 doesn't feel like a game anymore, but a tool for menufacters. Kaz is lost in his own dreamland who assumes GT is still on top, but its not anymore either. Sure the physics are good, but its not enough to keep me playing and is NOT a good excuse to have slow AI that sucks. The license tests is not so GT, because PD dump the difficult down with SRF forced on. Everything about GT6 really disappoints me and makes me wonder wth PD was doing in those 3 years, and two, we paid FULL price for a beta... I feel outraged, which is why I was so negative towards PD lately and can't seem to let it go no matter how hard I try, because they killed that spirit GT once had before GT5, THE GAME. It's hurting me.

After playing other racing games such as GAS, and mostly sticking on to my Xbox 360, I can't look back to GT6. It's dead to me. All I ever wanted was the Course Maker, but I can't wait any longer. I think I'm going to delete GT6 from my HDD again.

Last edited:
No way, GT has been in this for 15 years all excuses are obsolete now just like what PD & Kaz have become, there going backwards, their focus is on moon patrolling cars, gt academy, driving GT-R's on Nuremburg, app for iphone is only available, CASH COW deluxe is what their about now, they don't listen to the us the fans, GT6 hasn't been out a year & now their talking about GT7 Sheeeesh! mannnnnn I cud go on & on but why even bother, PROJECT CARS is coming that's all I know, & the end of & era will be forgotten case closed.
Ok so what you are saying is that developers that have been making games cannot make the slightest mistake? Well you'll be surprised to know that's not the case. As for the other statements they are not warranted at all, saying their focus is on "moon patroling cars" is completely false as that was a novelty item that was implemented to give Gran Turismo that element that other games do not have. GT Academy is a great opportunity for budding race drivers to showcase their talent that was honed through Gran Turismo, it was something that hasn't been done before on this scale, something that is incredibly innovative that promotes the game worldwide. So GT Academy is in the best interest of GT. Kaz and his participation in the Nurburgring 24hrs had nothing to do with the production of GT6, so again you're wrong. The app that was released earlier this week again was just a novelty item that YOU DON'T NEED TO GET, and it was completely up to PD and SONY to release it on Apple Devices and not Android, honestly why threaten to delete GT6 of your HDD just because a novelty item wasn't released on Android!! They have listened to the fans and you'd see that by going to the Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A. And finally, I could easily name you a list of movies and games that have announced the next game in the series before the predecesor has reached a year in it's game life. Now I could go on but why should I bother, I'm certain that my arguements are valid enough to help you change you mind over tiny, tiny problems.

Ok so what you are saying is that developers that have been making games cannot make the slightest mistake? Well you'll be surprised to know that's not the case. As for the other statements they are not warranted at all, saying their focus is on "moon patroling cars" is completely false as that was a novelty item that was implemented to give Gran Turismo that element that other games do not have. GT Academy is a great opportunity for budding race drivers to showcase their talent that was honed through Gran Turismo, it was something that hasn't been done before on this scale, something that is incredibly innovative that promotes the game worldwide. So GT Academy is in the best interest of GT. Kaz and his participation in the Nurburgring 24hrs had nothing to do with the production of GT6, so again you're wrong. The app that was released earlier this week again was just a novelty item that YOU DON'T NEED TO GET, and it was completely up to PD and SONY to release it on Apple Devices and not Android, honestly why threaten to delete GT6 of your HDD just because a novelty item wasn't released on Android!! They have listened to the fans and you'd see that by going to the Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A. And finally, I could easily name you a list of movies and games that have announced the next game in the series before the predecesor has reached a year in it's game life. Now I could go on but why should I bother, I'm certain that my arguements are valid enough to help you change you mind over tiny, tiny problems.
Just using the features you mentioned above. The Moon Missions were novelty diversions. There's no replay value in them and they are very linear. It certainly took some time to model the car and the environment, some would argue the tradeoff wasn't worth it.

When it comes to GTAcademy, I can see how it benefits the winner, Nissan and PD, but I don't see how it benefits the average gamer. The competition is essentially 4 time trials. It's great they can transistion a gamer into a race driver, but it doesn't benefit me or 99.99999% of GT players in any way I can see.

When it comes to the Kaz Q and A, Kaz has answered 1 question, a question we've had for years about improving sounds. His answer? The sound update isn't ready, it's a big job and we don't have enough staff and we need to hire people. I don't think that's the answer most of us were hoping for nor lead to believe given his admittedly cryptic statements over the past year regarding sounds.

The problems with GT are tiny only if you don't care about racing. I realize some people like hotlapping and racing against the worst AI in sim racing but most of us actually want to race and that's not a tiny problem in GT. Nor is the lack of proper sounds, the missing features etc. etc. etc.

Just using the features you mentioned above. The Moon Missions were novelty diversions. There's no replay value in them and they are very linear. It certainly took some time to model the car and the environment, some would argue the tradeoff wasn't worth it.

When it comes to GTAcademy, I can see how it benefits the winner, Nissan and PD, but I don't see how it benefits the average gamer. The competition is essentially 4 time trials. It's great they can transistion a gamer into a race driver, but it doesn't benefit me or 99.99999% of GT players in any way I can see.

When it comes to the Kaz Q and A, Kaz has answered 1 question, a question we've had for years about improving sounds. His answer? The sound update isn't ready, it's a big job and we don't have enough staff and we need to hire people. I don't think that's the answer most of us were hoping for nor lead to believe given his admittedly cryptic statements over the past year regarding sounds.

The problems with GT are tiny only if you don't care about racing. I realize some people like hotlapping and racing against the worst AI in sim racing but most of us actually want to race and that's not a tiny problem in GT. Nor is the lack of proper sounds, the missing features etc. etc. etc.

I never said that the Moon Missions were the best thing in the game, I've only played them twice each and don't think I'll play them again but they were an interesting feature that certainly grabbed alot of people's attention and gave GT6 some media time, which is essentially what PD wanted with GT6.

GT Academy, it has been used to promote GT as a brand to help boost sales for the hell of it, higher sales= more money for PD, which is what every company's target is, to make a profit and they try doing that with things such as micro-transactions, GT Academy and the moon missions.

Kaz Q&A, he has answered more than than just one question in the whole forum, and for his answer to the sounds, yes it was vague but at least he somewhat acknowledged that the question exsisited and that to me is more important than an answer.

Yes, the AI is terrible, but if you want a race either race against the AI with a certain target, like lapping them twice for instance, or race online or something. (Yes I realise not everyone has online)

Now the features, yes Kaz made a massive deal about them being in-game from Day 1, but if you did some research on the official game site, you would have noticed that the features info box noted that they will be available in a future update.

This argument could go on for ever as for every negative in GT, there is a positive. Now let's get on with our lives and either play the game we love or go and put it down, but that's anyone's choice and I won't stop it.

I enjoy Gran Turismo 6 for the game that it is. It is nowhere near perfect, but then again, no game is perfect. I hated Gran Turismo 5, but for some reason, I prefer GT6 more. It's mostly the same game, but updated in a lot of areas. The graphics have improved slightly, semi-premium cars are great (Although they could be better), etc. I personally think GT6 gets a lot of undeserved hate, but I am fearful of what will happen with GT7 and the future of the Gran Turismo franchise.

I enjoy Gran Turismo 6 for the game that it is. It is nowhere near perfect, but then again, no game is perfect. I hated Gran Turismo 5, but for some reason, I prefer GT6 more. It's mostly the same game, but updated in a lot of areas. The graphics have improved slightly, semi-premium cars are great (Although they could be better), etc. I personally think GT6 gets a lot of undeserved hate, but I am fearful of what will happen with GT7 and the future of the Gran Turismo franchise.
Cannot agree more! Finally sommeone who has acknowledged that GT6 is receiving alot of unwarranted hate!

GT6 is nowhere near perfect, however, it has high potential to be the best GT of all time and it somehow holds my attention longer than any other game I've ever.
I agree, I recently bought Grid Autosport, it only held my attention for a record low, 1 and a half weeks. GT6, since Day 1 I have not lost interest in this game and I'm incredibly shocked that it has.

I agree, I recently bought Grid Autosport, it only held my attention for a record low, 1 and a half weeks. GT6, since Day 1 I have not lost interest in this game and I'm incredibly shocked that it has.

We always end up going back to Gran Turismo. :)

I have GAS and it's actually hard going back to GT6 after how immersive and fun it is. GT6, for me and many others, is missing that. You're probably not giving it a chance because (1. It doesn't have many cars like GT6. 2. Not enough tracks like GT6. 3. No customzation. 4. It's arcade-y and 5. All of the above.) I say give it chance and you may just have a blast with it like me and others who has it has.

Maybe I'll have a blast when the Course Maker comes, but GT6, just feels "dull" in gameplay... No, online is not going to cut it either.

Last edited:
I have GAS and it's actually hard going back to GT6 after how immersive and fun it is. GT6, for me and many others, is missing that. You're probably not giving it a chance because (1. It doesn't have many cars like GT6. 2. Not enough tracks like GT6. 3. No customzation. 4. It's arcade-y and 5. All of the above.) I say give it chance and you may just have a blast with it like me and others who has it has.

Maybe I'll have a blast when the Course Maker comes, but GT6, just feels "dull" in gameplay... No, online is not going to cut it either.
I was pumped for GAS, I loved it for the first few days then I ran out of things to do. I love the GT3's but all the liveries on every single car was terribly pixelated and the online mode was utterly disappointing with only 2 to 3 rooms available at the best of times. The AI was terrific for the first few days but it started to get a bit irritating when they cut the track they don't get a penalty but if I make the slightest mistake by going over the white lines, I get the book thrown at me. Don't get me wrong, GAS was a terrific game, it lived up to my expectations but didn't quite hit the mark that I feel GT6 hits. I do come back to GAS when I have a few free minutes but I'll only play it for 30 minutes until I get bored of it then I go play GT6 for hours on end.

As for online "not cutting it", I barely play online all that much now, I prefer to go tune and fiddle around with the settings of my favourite cars at the Nurburgring, in my endless pursuit to find that "perfect car".

I think you should give GT6 another try, just appreciate how far it has come.

Here is a small snip-it of an interview with Kaz about the dedication to GT as a series;
Designer Kazunori Yamauchi says development of Gran Turismo started in the second half of 1992 and there were only 7 to 15 people helping to make it. When asked how difficult it was to create Gran Turimo, Yamauchi remarked: "It took 5 years. In those 5 years, we could not see the end. I would wake up at work, go to sleep at work. It was getting cold, so I knew it must be Winter. I estimate I was only home only 4 days a year." Consider that up to 150 people worked on GT5 for more than 5 years.
That interview was taken from PlayStation: Official Magazine- Australia, Issue 80. Now every time I'm about to give up on GT6, I read that and think about how far PD and GT has come since then. Reading that and appreciating that changes how you play and view GT6 as whole. Trust me on that one...

I'm afraid I'm going to vote no.

Fear leads to anger

GT6 doesn't feel like a game anymore, but a tool for menufacters. Kaz is lost in his own dreamland who assumes GT is still on top, but its not anymore either. Sure the physics are good, but its not enough to keep me playing and is NOT a good excuse to have slow AI that sucks. The license tests is not so GT, because PD dump the difficult down with SRF forced on. Everything about GT6 really disappoints me and makes me wonder wth PD was doing in those 3 years, and two, we paid FULL price for a beta... I feel outraged

Anger leads to hate

which is why I was so negative towards PD lately and can't seem to let it go no matter how hard I try, because they killed that spirit GT once had before GT5, THE GAME. It's hurting me.

Hate leads to suffering.

I was pumped for GAS, I loved it for the first few days then I ran out of things to do. I love the GT3's but all the liveries on every single car was terribly pixelated and the online mode was utterly disappointing with only 2 to 3 rooms available at the best of times. The AI was terrific for the first few days but it started to get a bit irritating when they cut the track they don't get a penalty but if I make the slightest mistake by going over the white lines, I get the book thrown at me. Don't get me wrong, GAS was a terrific game, it lived up to my expectations but didn't quite hit the mark that I feel GT6 hits. I do come back to GAS when I have a few free minutes but I'll only play it for 30 minutes until I get bored of it then I go play GT6 for hours on end.
Hmm. I respect that. 👍
As for online "not cutting it", I barely play online all that much now, I prefer to go tune and fiddle around with the settings of my favourite cars at the Nurburgring, in my endless pursuit to find that "perfect car".
Ohhh not a online person? Well at least I know. :sly:
I think you should give GT6 another try, just appreciate how far it has come.
Oh I have many times. There's next to nothing to do in GT6 now other than me just repainting my cars.
Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

Hate leads to suffering.
What's this about? I'm not scared, angry, hating and suffering. Just disappointed.

Trust me, just stick around a bit longer, and it'll all be worth it. A wise man once said, "Good things come to those that wait!"
The rewards for waiting will be become greater and greater with each passing day. It's happended to me before, I waited and, oh boy, was it worth the 5 year wait. (Not regarding GT6, rather regarding my karting opportunities that I'm incredibly grateful for)

Back