Are You Looking Forward To The Hype Train By Both The Fans And PD?

• Thread starter Brend
  • 44 comments

How do you feel about the Hype Train?

• I like it! It makes the lead up to the game much more exciting!

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • I hate it. It means that all the rumors and attention means the game will always be criticized when

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • I'm Neutral! It doesn't change my mindset or excitement levels at all!

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters

Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
So, the question is simple. We know GT6 is being focused on from here on in, so like every GT has really had...how do you feel about the inevitable hype train? Does it give false hope for certain aspects of the game? Do you welcome it? Are you neutral?

Me personally? I like it. It feels good to know that there is so much conversation around a game that I really do hold close to my heart. I love all the crazy predictions and rumors too. :lol:

Last edited:
Well the hype has obviously already started amongst the fans here and obviously that doesn't really affect my excitement. As for PD well I don't think much they say or do will really build the hype for me based on past experience, I'll be skeptical until the first reviews roll in.

I honestly don't like it when hype levels are high. This usually leads to rumours that aren't true about the game or even false hopes for the game. There are many things that I wish to see in Gran Turismo 6, but I highly doubt that PD will model them into the game.

I'm kind of neutral on this one. I like the hype leading up to release, but like GT5... It got hyped so much that it ended up being a bit of a disappointment imo.

Hype is ok only if the end result meets the expectations
example:Grand Theft Auto IV
example of hype making a good game a big disappointment: Gran Turismo 5

Too much hype can make a good game bad for the players, since they have been expecting so much more.

Hopefully they can keep from repeating the mistakes from GT5's hype train. I don't think GT6 would benefit too much from another "We could release it tomorrow" or "expect perfection" debacle.

That being said, PD have seemed to learned their lesson on some things, so I doubt that we will have to worry about them hiding things off to the side again.

Hype kind of ruin games. People will always make a game so much more than what it really is. As if It's the second coming of Jesus or something.

Actually my hype for GT6 is near zero because I have no idea how it's gonna be. If it has a livery editor or not, if I can create my events or not.. if I can select my opponents or not.. if we can actually race in GT mode or not.. being forced to chase the damn rabbit, you know.

And all these kind of stuff that make or brake the game.

Anyway all this years of PD teached me one thing.
Expect some incredibly stupid decisions somewhere in the game.

Actually, I am. Its nice to read some nice features that the new game won't be getting. I didn't really cared about GT5 until I got a PS3 less than a year ago so I wasn't too disappointed.

I like the element of anticipation it has and also excitement although some people do get very carried away and then start a whinge train when the game is released!

Pretty good subforum material, but it'll lead to inevitable disappointment. People are expecting the game to be released tomorrow and with 2000 premium cars.

I don't like it. Looking back at GT5 and all of those missing features that where 'hyped up' reminds me why.

I think the hype can be fun sometimes. I actually "liked" GT5 more when it was still a phenomenon. That said, it can result in disappointment.

Hopin' on the Hype Train is fun at first...

but after a while you just get dizzy to the point of throwing up at each incremental revelations....

This time, i am not buying a ticket for it...

The hype for GT6 started to soon for me so...not funny anymore.

Hype for games is not for me...but also i must admit that when we receive some real information about PD or Sony about the game... i´ll be joining it...lol

After GT5's disappointment, GT6 has to prove its worth.

For me, the title 'Gran Turismo' cannot sell itself, by itself, anymore.

Hype train? I will try to avoid it.

CorvetteConquer
After GT5's disappointment, GT6 has to prove its worth.

For me, the title 'Gran Turismo' cannot sell itself, by itself, anymore.

Hype train? I will try to avoid it.

Totally agree

Well not everyone thought gt5 was a disappointment. It had flaws but it has the very best driving aspect to it than any other racing game.

Well not everyone thought gt5 was a disappointment. It had flaws but it has the very best driving aspect to it than any other racing game.

I don't think GT5 wasn't a disappointment either, I thought it turned out okay especially the fact that PD actually went and fixed it up from listening to their fans which I really liked. But it slightly was with the standard cars. Hope GT6 will bring GT back on top and permanently on top again for payback. 👍

I'll join the fans hype train, I know most of the things they say won't be in the game so it isn't that "dangerous" :)

But with PD .. meh, they most times say something and do the opposite. :indiff:

Looking forward to the hype? Well, no I look forward to the game but not the actual process of looking forward. Exciting times for sure but also a bit distracting and enduring.

TokoTurismo
I don't think GT5 wasn't a disappointment either, I thought it turned out okay especially the fact that PD actually went and fixed it up from listening to their fans which I really liked. But it slightly was with the standard cars. Hope GT6 will bring GT back on top and permanently on top again for payback. 👍

I don't think it's a disappointment. But i got into the hype of GT5 coming out. For five years with every delay and pre-order was one of those... Heck yeah coming in January then when January comes around. Release date moved to September then i was like awwwww. I am not getting my hopes up for it any time in the near future. But if it does come out soon cool

Back