Are You Looking Forward To The Hype Train By Both The Fans And PD?

• Thread starter Brend
  • 44 comments

How do you feel about the Hype Train?

• I like it! It makes the lead up to the game much more exciting!

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • I hate it. It means that all the rumors and attention means the game will always be criticized when

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • I'm Neutral! It doesn't change my mindset or excitement levels at all!

Votes: 16 26.7%

• Total voters
It's a good thing to speculate and make absurd speculations :)

... gives PD something to read when in doubt of their direction.

That said, I do see some pretty "out of this world" requests.

Well, PD could turn the "hype Train" into something the fans actually REALLY want.
Look at SMS. Every time something new is added to pCARS it is documented and released to the public. What if PD did that with GT6? So every month or so we would get something like "Sounds for Hyundai Veloster complete, moving on to modeling next month" or similar.

Well, PD could turn the "hype Train" into something the fans actually REALLY want.
Look at SMS. Every time something new is added to pCARS it is documented and released to the public. What if PD did that with GT6? So every month or so we would get something like "Sounds for Hyundai Veloster complete, moving on to modeling next month" or similar.
That would be nice, but there's just one thing: SMS is not PD. That might sound stupid so think about it. SMS with pCARS is mostly, if not all, a community-driven game that's also partially, directly funded by its community. Add that and the fact that they're a newly formed team and you can see why the development has to be an open book.

The way they do BUSINESS is obviously going to be different. The business side of game development seems to be ignored by gamers, or people in general, more than it should be since it isn't supposed to be totally public.

I don't think it's a disappointment. But i got into the hype of GT5 coming out. For five years with every delay and pre-order was one of those... Heck yeah coming in January then when January comes around. Release date moved to September then i was like awwwww. I am not getting my hopes up for it any time in the near future. But if it does come out soon cool

I won't be getting my hopes either, but hope to hear more about GT6 though. Hopefully it'll also come out "soon" as well. ;)

Does that "Extreme Disappointment" train, lead to a crash zone which will instantly drop the hype down to its lowest minimum?

Oh NO! :scared:

That would be very likely sir. But don't worry, if you was wearing your seatbelt then you should be just fine 👍 .

gamerdog6482

This doesn't work for GT and i don't want it. The publisher is Sony. Project Cars use you as the publisher.

They will never show you what they do and let you decide stuff

I want a full GT6 retail game at release.

Last edited:
I remember my excitement when I'd been waiting for GT5 to be released and and my exhale of disappointment when I saw what I put my big hopes on

Hype is ok only if the end result meets the expectations
example:Grand Theft Auto IV
example of hype making a good game a big disappointment: Gran Turismo 5

Too much hype can make a good game bad for the players, since they have been expecting so much more.

This presumes that the expectations for GT5 were unrealistically high. A big part of the disappointment with GT5 was that it didn't even meet the standards set by FM3 a year earlier in many areas. It's one thing if they're expecting a thousand Premium cars, 300 track locations totaling upwards of a thousand track variants, forty cars on track at once, et cetera, but it's another if they're expecting it to at least be on par with stuff already on the market and then in many ways falling quite a bit short of that.

Most expectations of GT5, from which it fell short, weren't unrealistic goals set too high, but rather were just wanting it to match Forza and not doing it.

I enjoy getting hyped and speculating about the next GT title more so than playing them it seems.... I recall sending Jordan a message asking him to make a GT6 section only a few months after GT5 came out.

I have a problem. :dunce:

Last edited:
I am hype.

Of course, I don't care what others think or feel. Strangely, the only person's excitement and emotions in a game that really matter are my own. Go figure. ;)

I love the hype. I loved it for GT5, too. My issues with GT5 didn't stem from the hype, only my personal preferences.

Back