Are you planning on going for the Platinum trophy when GT7 releases?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 25 comments
If it's reasonable, then yes. And by that, I don't mean like in GT Sport where you have to win races or take poles. In fact, if there are any online trophies, they should be comparatively easy compared to the trophies you'd get through the campaign. So instead of literally obtaining as many poles as Senna, getting even one pole and/or win should be enough as far as online trophies go.

For what it's worth, I'd sooner prefer getting all-golds on the Lewis Hamilton Challenge in GT Sport than the trophies pertaining to Sport Mode wins/poles. I'd call that a challenge that's more fair, as you don't have to rely on a matchmaking algorithm - just your own skill. But if you really had to have a challenging online trophy, maybe I'd have something like "Top 1000 for your nation," "Top 50 for your state" and/or "Top 10 for your county." All of which I've done; as challenging as it was, I was in the top ten for CT when I did the 2020 FIAGTCs Nations Cup.

Last edited:
Depends what's required for the trophy.

As long as it's reasonable I will give it 100% which reminds me I still have to finish the grind for Lvl 50 on my GT Sport game save to get the
Platinum sometime....

Depends what's required for the trophy.

As long as it's reasonable I will give it 100% which reminds me I still have to finish the grind for Lvl 50 on my GT Sport game save to get the
Platinum sometime....
I can't help but to think there was more planned regarding the level system within GT Sport, between the insane grind to get to level 50 and the fact you get nothing for it.

Absolutely, I always try to get as many as I can for any game I play. Got platinum on GT5, GT6 and GT Sport and I’ll make sure GT7 won’t be an exception.

If it's reasonable, then yes. And by that, I don't mean like in GT Sport where you have to win races or take poles. In fact, if there are any online trophies, they should be comparatively easy compared to the trophies you'd get through the campaign. So instead of literally obtaining as many poles as Senna, getting even one pole and/or win should be enough as far as online trophies go.

For what it's worth, I'd sooner prefer getting all-golds on the Lewis Hamilton Challenge in GT Sport than the trophies pertaining to Sport Mode wins/poles. I'd call that a challenge that's more fair, as you don't have to rely on a matchmaking algorithm - just your own skill. But if you really had to have a challenging online trophy, maybe I'd have something like "Top 1000 for your nation," "Top 50 for your state" and/or "Top 10 for your county." All of which I've done; as challenging as it was, I was in the top ten for CT when I did the 2020 FIAGTCs Nations Cup.
I know that there’s an aversion to online trophies among the trophy hunting community and while I can sometimes understand them I think it’s a bit much to ask for to always (ish?) ask for/expect only offline/singleplayer trophies, especially in this day and age.

I suppose I can only speak for myself here but I thought the online races/poles/wins trophies in GT Sport were fine. If one compares GT Sport’s platinum trophy to the GT5 one for example, I can definitely say that the difficulty of the latter was way higher! And with the exception of two simple trophies where you had to share a track and photo you’ve taken, everything else was offline.

One thing they could’ve done (tragically a missed opportunity) with the Lewis Hamilton TT challenge was to introduce DLC trophies. They don’t stop you from getting platinum. Would’ve been so simple, one trophy for bronze, one for silver, gold and of course also for the beating all the diamond times. Maybe also one for beating at least one diamond time.

Last edited:
I have the platinum for GT6. I don’t have it for GT Sport but I am currently working to get it before the servers close forever. I will definitely get it for GT7 no matter what!

I can't help but to think there was more planned regarding the level system within GT Sport, between the insane grind to get to level 50 and the fact you get nothing for it.
Doubtful, it's just a typical way to keep people playing a game.

Doubtful, it's just a typical way to keep people playing a game.
Another missed opportunity, I feel. Why have the experience points stop counting after reaching level 50? Keep them counting and provide leaderboards, worldwide, regional and national.

Could well be, I am Level 48 at the moment and finishing endurance race league which will probably get me to Lvl 49, then just one more long grind....

I have a feeling there might have been a plan for even longer endurance races to help with the final road to 50 but these got scrapped during the development?

I'll probably go for it. I do have plat throphy for gt6 and gts. And I can still get the gt5 one. (already got the ones that cannot be completed anymore) But I need to do a ton of xp grinding for Bspec and some levels for aspec. So maybe if I platinum GT7 I'll be forced to finish up gt5 to make the throphy collection complete ;-)

No, I'm not interested in the slightest in those Trophies, only in enjoying the game. If I win any trophies in the process so be it, but they don't add anything to the enjoyment for me.

I hope that Polyphony provide more trophies than we had in GT Sport, which only had a relatively measly 41. GT5 had 59 and GT6 had 51 with an extra two that came with the Senna DLC for a total of 53.

Should definitely be enough content for them to come up with a good variation of trophies in at least the 60 - 75 area, I’d say.

Last edited:
Will definitely go for it.
But I just hope it's not a long grind.

I prefer doing dozens of "Sebastian Vettel Red Bull X challenges" and/or "Hamilton DLC challenges" to achieve a platinum than having to get a trophy just by doing the same race over and over again for 100 hours until I get "XP" or "Mileage" or something like that.

I like hard challenges. Not grinding ones. Level 40 A-Spec in GT5, 322 races in Sport Mode and Level 50 in GT Sport were just unreasonably long grinds.

If it’s at least as fun and engaging as Sekiro (my only platinum), I might. Otherwise not even gonna bother, which is what will most likely happen.

Gran Turismo is one of the few game series (Gran Turismo, God of War, Uncharted, The Last of Us) which I got platinum trophies on every iteration (including remasters) of every console. I wouldn't stop doing that on GT7, but I do have some concerns.

Most PS4/PS5 cross-gen games have separate trophy list for PS4 version and PS5 version. The progress is not shared by default, and usually the only option you got is PS4 save upload, which is basically, a) upload your save data on PS4-side, b) load the uploaded save data on PS5 side, then c) every trophy you earned on PS4 list will automatically pop up on PS5 list. This is the only implementation I've repetitively seen so far on PS4/PS5 cross-gen games with separate trophy list.

If GT7 adopt the same implementation and you want to have both platinum trophies (PS4 and PS5), you should get the platinum on PS4 first and then load it up on PS5, because otherwise you would need to grind your way twice, and this would be very difficult since the game traditionally have some very grindy trophies which often require a few hundred hours of grinding.

If that's the case (separated trophy lists for PS4 and PS5, PS4->PS5 one way trophy sync, exceptionally grindy platinum as per tradition), I'm pretty much forced to play on PS4 version until I got the platinum, because I want both platinum trophies and don't have time to grind it twice.

Last edited:
Back