Are you "scared" to race online?

• Thread starter Keith2324
  • 79 comments
Guilty pleasure: I love watching my own replays against others and living out my virtual racing driver fantasies, so I HAVE to play Sport Mode and perform decently.

Watching my own replays against AI is kinda like watching myself jerk off. Just isn't the same without some human interaction.

I just find it pointless, to be a c/d racer and constantly find that the top 3 positions are A+ drivers That Lap 2-4 seconds faster then me.

Was also ruined when I read good drivers were purposely lowing there rating so they could get more poles and wins.

Don’t want to be cannon fodder so a few can win all the time.

Last edited:
Let me preface this by saying I am not the best driver out there, but I do try my best to not ruin someone else's race. I will even let the entire pack drive right by me and come in last if that's what needs to be done.

I had a certain ambivalence about getting PS+ for that very reason; I didn't want to ruin someone's day. But now I have a different take. I try only to pick races that I "think" I will be comfortable with to keep my rating. I am currently at a dr/C and sr/S. I find myself either wanting to protect my rating by playing it super safe or just not racing at all. And I think for a lot of us who want to keep things clean, we just don't race at all. Are we missing the point of all of this? The idea should be to be able to go online and race and not worry so much about stats.

I would love to hear your opinion on this.

Keith.

Just make a secondary account where you don't have to worry about your DR/SR so much. It doesn't cost you anything. I did the same thing and it worked out great.

The intention was not to make a ranking system (that purpose is for FIA races) but to make a match making system putting you in a position where you can race among equal players like yourself.
The prove of this all is that PD does not show your DR level. So thats why it is not intended as a ranking. The rankings are the E-S/A+ classes. I forgot to mention this.

Quoting yourself is like what is said above... ;)

I like the pressure the points game gives. Especially on the DR side, SR needs some tweaking imo.

When your DR is high you cant afford to finish off the podium unless there are some 75K players in the lobby. I actually like that pressure to perform. It forces you to become a complete driver and really sharpen your racecraft. You need to be fast and consistent and be smart about when to pick your battles and when to be aggresive or not.

Getting up to speed over 1 lap is one thing, carrying that speed over 10 laps is the next thing. Doing 10 laps consistent while battling other cars side by side on while you trying to figure out their strategy and yours and managing fuel/tires accordingly whithout making mistakes or incidents race after race is end game.

Great post Shottah !

Indeed, knowing when to pick your battles is important, but I would not mind sometimes to just have fun racing without to think about losing prescious points.

I just find it pointless, to be a c/d racer and constantly find that the top 3 positions are A+ drivers That Lap 2-4 seconds faster then me.

Was also ruined when I read good drivers were purposely lowing there rating so they could get more poles and wins.

Yup and PD could easily do something like allow for multiclass wins. Like if I'm DR B racing against some DR A and S drivers and if I'm the highest finishing B driver in the race, it should give me a win even if I'm only overall 4th or whatever.

It's something I get annoyed with, I'm a fast-ish DRA racer and I'm *ALWAYS* racing mental DRA+ racers in every race I do. I think the issue is the amount of people doing that particular daily race is quite low. In the manufacturers Sport mode races and such, because an absolute truck load more people are doing each race, you get a much more relevant grid.

It's something I get annoyed with, I'm a fast-ish DRA racer and I'm *ALWAYS* racing mental DRA+ racers in every race I do. I think the issue is the amount of people doing that particular daily race is quite low. In the manufacturers Sport mode races and such, because an absolute truck load more people are doing each race, you get a much more relevant grid.

Exactly the same always against the top A+! Seems there is rarely a good middle ground!

I was in your FIA race on Wednesday in the Atenza, having a good battle at one point. Did you disconnect? You came out just behind me in the pit then went straight on at the first corner and was gone?

I never race on ovals unless it’s a fun run lobby where nothing serious is going on. I also try to avoid interlagos because divebombers and people who generally don’t know what they’re doing always ruin my races.

Exactly the same always against the top A+! Seems there is rarely a good middle ground!

I was in your FIA race on Wednesday in the Atenza, having a good battle at one point. Did you disconnect? You came out just behind me in the pit then went straight on at the first corner and was gone?

Outside influences mate, race ruined by people (in real life) interfering and putting me off, had enough in the the end. Hate the Gr4 GTR anyway. Sorry for any contact, as I said I was being put off for most of the race

not scared. its a game. but always wary of first real corner mayhem no matter the track. once past that it becomes more fun especially if theres a bit of clean but close racing involved. no ovals for me - since if i wanted to play demolition derby i'd play something else.

Outside influences mate, race ruined by people (in real life) interfering and putting me off, had enough in the the end. Hate the Gr4 GTR anyway. Sorry for any contact, as I said I was being put off for most of the race

No contact on me was having a good race perfectly clean. Was enjoyable till you quit but can understand why, good to race against drivers who are willing to go wheel to wheel but also when to back out.

I feel like once you've plateaued at your DR level (mine's B, doubt it will get any better) you can stop worrying. I found the early days of GTS with the erratic penalty system caused my DR to fluctuate wildly, but since they've ironed out the kinks I feel like it's been fairly consistent.

Not scared, but scared of ovals and Tokyo though. No thanks!

Spot on OP i "Fear" cause im a low B driver but i can go as fast as i want/can cause of im looking my redar all the time for idiots behind how do all sort's of stuff

I think what annoys me most is when you let the faster driver pass freely but when you try and overtake them they cut you up or push you off track.

I'm pretty happy with how the penalty system is working on the oval today.

Some guy tried to cut me up on the inside line and ended up making himself spin out. He got a penalty and dropped to last while I ended up finishing 1st- I mean 2nd

Definitely not scared just tired of constantly being used as a brake at T1 or any other corner for that matter. Not the worlds fastest driver using a ds4 but i know my limitations and i think I drive clean and respect my fellow racers. i will select one of the daily races and put at least an hour into qualifying. Its a shame really cos i really want to spend time on GTS but it just feels like I'm wasting time and not getting the enjoyment i thought i would competing against other racers that seem to view the game as dodgem cars game not one to learn and display race craft.

Back