Are you tired of GT5P yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 81 comments
  • 5,253 views
Messages
8,077
Messages
GTP_Royalton
Give me your thoughts.

As for me, I'm hanging up the fire suit and helmet. This game has failed me and other GT enthusiasts so hard in so many ways.

There is alot of guys hanging on, but soon they will too quit when they realize having 1 good online race out of 5 just isn't worth it anymore.

However, some may "embrace the chaos" but I'd rather not.
 
I have been playing Prologue since late December (started with the japanese version and now the PAL version) and I am still not tired of it. Partly this forum is to blame for my continuus enthousiasm, because e.g. the discussions on the game and online schedules keept things interesting. Besides, my online experiences aren't so bad lately, far from it. I try to avoid crowded events and stick to the lower PP expert races, which seem not be of much interest for those culprits who tend to make races such a misserable experience for others.

GT4 Prologue didn't give me more than a month worth of playtime, so to say that this game has failed me.... Not by a long shot. :)
 
Do you turn to other racing games then, and if so, to which ones?
 
Do you turn to other racing games then, and if so, to which ones?

I'll be headed back to NASCAR 2003 tomorrow and I'll look and see if there is any new rFactor mods out.

I regret buying GT5P. If anyone is reading this just wait until they release the private room patch before buying it.
 
If anyone is reading this just wait until they release the private room patch before buying it.

There is a mistake in your logic here.
You are complaining about crashers and then say: wait until private rooms.
Wouldn't it be more wise to buy the game and start practising BEFORE the private rooms come out?
That way you won't be making a mess in some private room and get kicked.
 
every new race is a new challenge in this game for me, dont think ille get tiredand it will get even better when private rooms and damaged is enabled. imagine all those shunters going into the back off you and their aerodynamics, brakes and suspension failing. theyll learn very quickly or it will be race over time
 
It's more like you've failed the game, don't blame the game because it hasn't lived up to your expectations. Can you point to where pd said that only expert racers would be allowed to race online and all races would be clean and incident free?
You're not the first person to anounce that they are not playing a game anymore and fear they are descending into trolling (another post), frankly, the vast vast majority of online GT5 players don't care, you may be fast, but so are many others and they aren't constantly whining or throwing their toys from the pram.
Shut the door on your way out.
 
ive had gt5p for about 5 months now got loads of cars and saveing for thr f1 still not board the online racing just keeps playing .argreed on the private room better to pratice before uyou make a twonk of your self.... ..
 
Not remotely tired of GT5P yet. Enjoy it every time I play. Sometimes I come up against bad racers, but that's life, and I don't seem to have half the problems some people bring up on here. GT5P has a very large user base so there's obviously going to be a big difference in the players, from those who've played since GT on the PS1 right through to those for whom GT5P is their very first GT game.
 
Personally I see the quality of all racers improving. With the organisation of GTP scheduled events I find myself racing more and more quality racers and enjoy it.
If this is the reason you are leaving GT5P then you will agree your hating the players not the game.
The game still has a lot to offer simply due to communities like GTP and the others that are forming "clans" who strive for quality racing, and looking for ways to build on what GT5P offers.. case in point is the current Tuners Challenge...

my 2 cents.
 
Is it not satisfying to watch someone in your rear view mirror spinning into the wall after he's tried to bump you of.
 
Is it not satisfying to watch someone in your rear view mirror spinning into the wall after he's tried to bump you of.

Yes, it is pretty satisfying seeing the punters make a mistake and ruin their own race instead of someone elses.

I honestly think though that the overall standard is getting better. The races are what you make of them really. And I even use GTA4 to take my aggression out if I've had a bad race in GT5P!
 
put it this way and say if Alonso or hamilton got pushed abit in a F1 season would they stop racing
 
Another sore loser, not every race is going to be perfect.
Even F1 has accidents and incidents it's part of racing! I don't see how the game as failed, it's a brilliant game and the online experience can only improve. Yes it's a bit annoying when after waiting ages to get a match up someone goes and spoils it by punting you off or quitting. But throwing your toys out of the pram will not rectify any of these issues, it's not the games fault it's the idiot racers that went out and bought it. Private lobby's will sort most of it but I like the randomness also, at least each race is different and not too boring :dopey:
 
No way I'm getting tired of GT5P. I practice almost every day and look forward to the day when private rooms will be available. Joining this forum also helps keeping the interest in it.

Made also a few racing-friends through this site, and can't wait for the day when we are going to be able to race around The Ring and Sarthe!
 
Yes I am tired of GT5P. It takes a lot of time and energy to tune and test different cars for different events. Getting gold in all the user events took over a week of my time when the game first came out.

I'm going to take a break and do some of the other things that I enjoy in life. I am tired of the game because I play too much, not because PD has failed my expectations as a consumer.
 
Yup I'm tired of it, beat it and now it just sits in the game shelf. I've already manage to beat all the races and get the F1 car while maxing out 2 million credits. Online racing is ok, but it just don't appeal to me to keep doing it over and over again.
 
I'm playing GT5P more than I did when I first got it! Racing online is a lot of fun, people exaggerate how bad it is in my opinion, its no worse than any other popular online game, it's impossible to play one that hasn't got idiots and cheaters. Keeping in mind this isn't a finished game, I fully expected the online to be like it is.
I think many people had very high expectations and expected just a bit too much from what is basically a large public alpha test of a game yet to be completed.
 
My experience of late, is that things have gotten better. I am getting much fewer disconnects and it seems that the majority of the racers are starting to settle in and drive better/cleaner. It still has its days, but it is getting better.
 
I love driving and I love racing. No I am not and probably will never be tired of GT.

..and God help me if I ever play a NASCAR game.
 
I initially hated the online element, mainly down to punters, quitters and general tards but I'm getting more and more into it as time goes on, to the point where I've been too busy online to make any serious attempts on the TT records. All it takes is a little shift in point of view from "these idiots are annoying me" to "yay I just won a race by avoiding all those muppets".

If I can get through the initial first lap pileup there's basically nothing the tards can do to get close to me, even with boost on, and then, quite often, I'll find another couple of guys up there with me and get some really exhilarating racing done.

As far as I'm concerned (and I do realise this is a complete U-turn from a couple of weeks ago) Dodging idiots is a skill in itself and fast becoming an integral part of the fun. I think a little part of me will miss them when the private rooms come out :(
 
I initially hated the online element, mainly down to punters, quitters and general tards but I'm getting more and more into it as time goes on, to the point where I've been too busy online to make any serious attempts on the TT records. All it takes is a little shift in point of view from "these idiots are annoying me" to "yay I just won a race by avoiding all those muppets".

If I can get through the initial first lap pileup there's basically nothing the tards can do to get close to me, even with boost on, and then, quite often, I'll find another couple of guys up there with me and get some really exhilarating racing done.

As far as I'm concerned (and I do realise this is a complete U-turn from a couple of weeks ago) Dodging idiots is a skill in itself and fast becoming an integral part of the fun. I think a little part of me will miss them when the private rooms come out :(

i thought i was the only one who was thinking that. i just think of all the idiots out there as GT2 traffic all they do is get in the way of the faster GT1 cars. you just gotta use good race techniques to find your way around them. and im actualy learning how to control my car when ever someone is trying to be to aggressive and learn how to handle the car to keep it under control and stay on the track. that ends up making my driving skills alot better in itself.
 
I think that the online part of GT5p isn't perfect as I think any member here can notice, but it is fun still, at least for me.
Will it ever be perfect? We can hope. Will it ever be to my liking? Never! I just can't win every race I have. LOL
 
I agree with the pentagram and mikey's comments.

TT is a good way to learn about track or a car but racing teaches you how to be fast in any situation, not just out in front. I dont look at the TT rankings to find the best driver, just mainly to see what a car is capable of on a certain track. The best drivers online are the ones that know how to minimize both mistakes and time lost from mistakes.
 
I'm getting a bit tired, but a nice online race you don't get disconnected from always keeps you going ;)

However, with a few big releases coming up, like GRID, Wipeout HD, Motorstorm 2, I may not be online as much as i'm on now, even considering I don't go on as much as others.

Then there's the summer ;)
 
I am loving it. Learning to deal with punters and idiots only improves your driving and I have waited so long for online racing in this series, that it will be a while before I get bored.
 
Not at all board Ive found a home i think in the 600PP class and im really loving it. Is it free of punters, rammers, and the like, no but there seams to be far less and I can drive my fav car (the STI RA) and be competitive. I've even enjoyed some sucsses in the older viper and musatng witch I also enjoy driving.
P.S. the viper is somewhat lacking in power in this class but it handles well.
 
All it takes is a little shift in point of view from "these idiots are annoying me" to "yay I just won a race by avoiding all those muppets".

Dodging idiots is a skill in itself and fast becoming an integral part of the fun. I think a little part of me will miss them when the private rooms come out :(


These are my thoughts exactly. As frustrating as it gets sometimes, the added challenge of dodging the idiots has improved the excitement and satisfaction of this game for me. It makes winning a race all the more gratifying. Avoiding these collisions is something I'm come to realize is a skill that if honed, will benefit you to avoid accidents even in private rooms with clean racers.

I also agree with the chap from England who said this is just an alpha testing game. Realistically speaking, I didn't expect much more at this point although the final version better be vastly improved. One thing that still annoys me is the catchup factor PD put in the game. I also don't like the bias to make the Japanese cars better than their European counterparts. But overall it's still the most fun I'm having on the PS3 at the moment.

And lol at going to NASCAR. What a piece of dung.
 
What I really like about GT5P online is that I've found out I'm a well above average driver (punts aside I'm almost always in the top 3)

Good for the ego :)
 
Annoying people in a 30+ year old car never gets old, hehehehhe.

I find I have less time for GT5P now though because of college. I try to get online when I'm not busy.
 
Back