Are you tired of GT5P yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 81 comments
  • 5,253 views
haha same here pentagram, I'll keep a look out for you
 
I am loving it. Learning to deal with punters and idiots only improves your driving and I have waited so long for online racing in this series, that it will be a while before I get bored.

👍👍

It's still a lot of fun. The online events keep me playing, tuning, and discovering the potential of different cars. I don't think I will tire of GT5P for awhile because the new cockpit view is just a whole new experience that besides driving and tuning, you can just drive in this view and appreciate the detail and the cockpit designs of each car.
 
I love driving and racing, trying to get faster all the time. Im not tired of it.
 
I wouldn't say i've gotten tired of it, but I have quit playing it. I have been playing metal gear online pretty much nonstop since it started. I even got gta 4 and can't get into it because of metal gear. I'm sure though that after the beta for MGO ends today that I will find time for gt5p once again. One thing about gran turismo is that no matter how many games I get besides gt I will always find myself coming back for more until the full gt5 comes out. Gt is one of the only games that I will go back and play after letting it set for a couple of weeks. Any other game I take off that long on will never see my console again.
 
Tired of GT5P? not at all,I love it!

But I do get tired about the whining,moaning,crying and negative threads,post and comments about GT5P.


For some it will be never good enough.

Never ever.
 
Tired of GT5P? not at all,I love it!

But I do get tired about the whining,moaning,crying and negative threads,post and comments about GT5P.


For some it will be never good enough.

Never ever.

If people have issues with the game they are going to talk about it. Personally I didn't care all that much for GT5P. Does that mean I'm wrong?
 
If people have issues with the game they are going to talk about it. Personally I didn't care all that much for GT5P. Does that mean I'm wrong?

He didnt say it was wrong, he said he was tired of it.
 
If people have issues with the game they are going to talk about it. Personally I didn't care all that much for GT5P. Does that mean I'm wrong?

No,I believe in freedom of speech.

Thats why I wrote down my thoughts,
there is no right or wrong.
 
It's more like you've failed the game, don't blame the game because it hasn't lived up to your expectations. Can you point to where pd said that only expert racers would be allowed to race online and all races would be clean and incident free?
You're not the first person to anounce that they are not playing a game anymore and fear they are descending into trolling (another post), frankly, the vast vast majority of online GT5 players don't care, you may be fast, but so are many others and they aren't constantly whining or throwing their toys from the pram.
Shut the door on your way out.

Well said...
 
Tired of GT5P? not at all,I love it!

But I do get tired about the whining,moaning,crying and negative threads,post and comments about GT5P.


For some it will be never good enough.

Never ever.

Easy, bro. They're not disciples of the church of GranTurismo. It's for the hardcore.👍
 
Im still loviing it, I cannot get enough of it. I waited in a queue at my local TESCO for the midnight release of GTA IV ( biggest game of 2008 ), but I haven't been able to prise my Logitech G25 from my sweaty, white knuckled hands.

This sim is awesome, I even think that some of the online racing is gettin a bit cleaner.
 
I'm hating it now. The new races are all punter heavens. There's no more 700pp Daytona Road (probably the most balanced track in the game).
 
At least an hour or two a day since march (the japanese version and now the NA version). Got GTA IV since its release date, played it a bit, got bored of it (usually the case with any GTA games, for me) and now I'm back on GT5P. With my Logitech G25, I don't think I can ever get bored with this game. I'm still in the process of owning all the cars and still haven't done some of the manufacturer's races yet.
 
I was starting to think I might change games when I got into S class as all that tuning started to put me off but then I saw this site and I'm loving it again. For me GT5p is one of the best value games on a next Gen console.
 
No way, GT5P is a must for me. Every 1 out of 6 or 7 are ghey but the rest are always a good race. We just tend to leave the n00bs behind...Looks like to me the you guys are letting the Punters win and then they're going to take over GT5P while the remaing have no choice but to race them..Please reconsider..
 
I had about 9 races this morning from abouit 9:45 - 12:00 at suzuka 600pp. The smallest one was 9 people and largest was 15. Not a single punter in there, if you got taped it was becase you were 3 wide. Finished 2nd about 5 times. Did do a couple of mistakes untill I changed the car to a R8. This proved to me how awsome Online racing can really be, you are only unlucky.
 
GT5 is never tiring to me. Even without online play
 
Hey Earth,

Well if you want my thoughts here they are. Oh back in summer 2007 I bought the PS3. Which sole purpose of buying the box was for THIS GAME. If not for this game I might have gone with an Xbox. I have invested a lot of money and I will invest more (racing wheel) in THIS GAME. I will eventually purchase the full version. However I am with you. I am getting tired of this game. My increasing bored is due to the lack of good racing that doesn't occur and the lackadacial online show PD has put on. To me a 3 lap race proves nothing, but who can run the fastest and run through their competitors. (Hacks) Every day I play the game is another day I get closer to stop play it...Pretty soon I will probably go days without play it. I will move on the different things, like Nascar 09. Oh sure I will get my Fanatec racing wheel, and probably play a bit more but I will eventually just say..wow I am wasting my time with this DEMO game.

The tracks are just getting plain boring...And if I don't race with a GTP'er then I have no competition out there. I usually come in the top 3 or I was taken out by some idiot that wanted the 3rd position more than I wanted..(Ie a race I had yesterday, on the last turn he spun me.)

It was just recently I started feeling like this..Like wow, the hype is over, the cars look cool, but the game play and online is garbage. End of story.

I am sorry to lose you, and I guess I will see you when the full version comes out. I remember you saying something like this a few weeks back, but I didn't take you too serious. So now one of the good guys is gone. :(

I have one question though. Do you have Nascar o8? If so I would love to battle with you. Let me know.
 
*****snip
you are only unlucky.
The TC is not unlucky.....merely the type of person that the second (red) line in my sig was created for at least three years ago.

Good Riddance is all that I have to say, besides the fact that I saw her/him quit many Suzuka races after he/she went wide on the very first turn.
 
I love GT5P (I even use GT4 some times, still enjoy some cars in it). Looking forward for a G25 to enjoy the game even more.
 
I love GT5P (I even use GT4 some times, still enjoy some cars in it). Looking forward for a G25 to enjoy the game even more.

SRT-4_Mexico: I raced against you last night and you were pretty fast in the Viper. I gave up trying to beat your WR at Suzuka. I know you are loving the game. 👍
 
I am tired of the game too. Dont get me wrong I love this game it is in fact my favorite PS3 game... but

The online as it is now is simply to poor, so I am waiting for the patch when it will be posibel to make private rooms, and longer races.

Now it is just frustration after frustration it was nearly to a point where i wrecked my controller and PS3. So I kinda just avoid playing the game now, until they patch and fix online isues.
 
Not tired of it yet in spite of the few tracks. I know most people are looking forward to the private rooms but the result may be a fractured community that will discourage newcomers who are left to race with small fields.
GT5:P’s main advantage over PC sims is the number of potential participants, which should result in full fields at all tracks no matter what time of the day. Surprisingly, the online portion is fairly barren for a game that sold over 2 million copies. Dedicated servers with the option to boot players would help to promote the online portion without having to isolate anyone whose main purpose is to improve.
I want to race against the best that our region has to offer, not the same guys every race. If it becomes a collection of cliques, I’ll be back to racing PC sims where the events are scheduled but the racing is more challenging.
 
Not tired of it in the least.

I'm working on tuning all of my favorite cars for various PP and courses, plus I intend to start learning how to drive the F1 car.

On line is great when we don't have to deal with crashers and bashers. Team Speak is a help with that, and when the up date comes, things on line can only get better.
 
Give me your thoughts.

As for me, I'm hanging up the fire suit and helmet. This game has failed me and other GT enthusiasts so hard in so many ways.

There is alot of guys hanging on, but soon they will too quit when they realize having 1 good online race out of 5 just isn't worth it anymore.

However, some may "embrace the chaos" but I'd rather not.

I'm still very much enjoying GT5P, and the online races I've been in have only gotten better, not worse. That said, I was able to enjoy GT4 for years without ever playing online, and I'm also enjoying the offline gameplay of GT5P by trying out the different cars and set-ups.


Based on the responses you've gotten so far, it appears the majority don't feel the same way that you do. :indiff:

I hope this doesn't have something to do with your argument over hot lappers, but sad to see you go all the same.
 
I'm tired of people moaning about GT5P.
 
I'm tired of people moaning about GT5P.
Actually, I think it's alright. This thread alone shows that the absolute majority of people likes the game (given: this is not a neutral place to ask that question, but anyway). Most of the critics is about evil online gamers, which you can only link to the game indirectly. And the game is not perfect, so there is room for critics. So as long as it's voiced well and valid ... could be worse! :)
 
The game is far from perfect, but I am far from bored with it. In fact, I am loving it.

But I have only done a minimal amount of online and so only had a little bit of run ins with bad racers.
 
Well said, the game is far from perfect, but it's still fantastic imo. Unlike GT4 I'm happily overlooking many of the faults in this. I have to say, I'm not a heavy online games either, most of my playing time is in blips I'll get an hour or two in maybe one or two days in a week and most of that if not all will be offline races.

If GT5:P didn't have online people would be moaning that it doesn't have it, now it has it people are moaning that people don't race well and we should have private lobbies. Well private lobbies are coming, I'm just curious what the focus of some peoples attention will be then.

There will always be flaws in a game, no game will be perfect. GT5:P certainly isn't, but it's a damn good simulator and I get enjoyment every time I take a car for a spin.
 
Back