Are you tired of GT5P yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 81 comments
  • 5,253 views
I can't believe people are putting down a great value for money game. It was less than £20, if it had been £40 - £50 then OK you might have something to whinge about but not at this price surely. And people saying they are going to go to NASCAR? The little I know about Nascar is that all the cars are similar and go on oval circuits no? And your bored with GT5p, hahahaha.
 
Nope, still not tired. Just pop the baby in the PS3 last night with my cuzin and had a blast!
 
And I'm tired of people thinking it's perfect.
Well, you're in luck then, because I certainly haven't seen any posts saying it is.


BTW: I'm tired of people who constantly exaggerate.
 
Well, you're in luck then, because I certainly haven't seen any posts saying it is.


BTW: I'm tired of people who constantly exaggerate.

Ah cheap shot, how very appropriate.

People seem to be getting mad when someone critiques the game or says they didn't like it. I found it to be short, relatively easy, and sort of lacking a good polish. It felt very hurried to me. The sound is off and it's hard to hear the vehicles in chase cam view, the interior animations seem off, the AI is still lacking greatly, and the car selection they have isn't something that really does it for me (not the games fault I know, but I think they could have picked some better vehicles).

Sure there are good things about it. I think the physics are better then previous installments, the interior view is nice, the addition of more cars on the track is nice and the addition of the online is something many people have been waiting for, although I don't really use it (not because I think it's bad, I just don't online game that much with consoles).
 
I'm kind of glad they didn't pick all the most special vehicles that they could of. It save them for GT5, if all the best was in GT5:P then GT5 might fail your expectations a little.

At the same time I appreciate the right to not like the game and to point out it's flaws, even if I do dissagree with any specific ones. If everyone ignored all the flaws in life nothing would ever improve. Flaws being noticed and pointed out is important, it gets the developers attention when enough people on enough message boards are complaining about the same thing. I never noticed a problem with the sound in chase cam but then I've onlly used it to admire my car on occasion. It is short, but I don't see that as a flaw considering it's a prologue to the full game and not the full game but hey, thats me. I'd say my biggest gripe is the penalty system which can give you penalties for some curious situations. The game is flawed, but unlike GT4 I feel less compelled to discuss the flaws. Which is a good sign from my point of view.
 
I'm kind of glad they didn't pick all the most special vehicles that they could of. It save them for GT5, if all the best was in GT5:P then GT5 might fail your expectations a little.

No see putting in things like the Ferrari F40 and F2007 sort of did that, I was actually hoping for more basic cars in the game and having them save the really good stuff for the full game. Granted I didn't really mind having those cars in there although I, personally, didn't see much use for them.
 
I found it to be short,
It is not the full game.

relatively easy,
You can usually use a slower car in order to make it tougher.

I found it to be short, relatively easy, and sort of lacking a good polish. It felt very hurried to me. The sound is off and it's hard to hear the vehicles in chase cam view, the interior animations seem off, the AI is still lacking greatly, and the car selection they have isn't something that really does it for me (not the games fault I know, but I think they could have picked some better vehicles).
All of which can be answered by the fact that GT5 Prologue is not the full game. Improvements and additions will be made for GT5.
 
It is not the full game.

I know, I still thought it was to short.

You can usually use a slower car in order to make it tougher.

I did many of times, I actually used the MINI as much as I could since it was something I enjoyed driving in the game. I still found it much easier then previous GT installments.

All of which can be answered by the fact that GT5 Prologue is not the full game. Improvements and additions will be made for GT5.

So? I still bought this game, which numerous people have told me that "it isn't a demo" so therefore I'm treating it like a full game. Especially since it was compared to FM2 on a few occasions. I don't dislike the game, I just thought they could have done more with it even if it was just a prologue.
 
No see putting in things like the Ferrari F40 and F2007 sort of did that, I was actually hoping for more basic cars in the game and having them save the really good stuff for the full game. Granted I didn't really mind having those cars in there although I, personally, didn't see much use for them.
On the flip side they couldn't offer a game full of family saloons and hatchbacks and pretty much nothing else. No one would buy it. The car selection is for the most part the usual generic selection you'd expect. There's a couple of standouts like the 512, the F40 has been in so many games these days is it's appearance that great. Yeah it's great to have it, but isn't having it more like "so it should" as opposed to "wow, such and such a car is in GT5". The F1 car, I'd agree it would probably have been better to leave it out. But overall, we haven't really seen much special in terms of car selection, more of the fast cars are repeats of cars we've already had in GT4. And besides the F2007, we haven't had a single proper race car yet. There's plenty to come form the car selection in the full game.
 
how very appropriate
👍

People seem to be getting mad when someone critiques the game or says they didn't like it.
If that is the case, that's unfortunate, but I suppose you could also say the same for those that get mad when someone praises the game or says they like it, right?

Regardless, what is unfortunate is the fact that many "critiques" are filled with exaggerations in order to some how justify and or support their opinion... something I see happen a lot, and not just with this game, but many games, consoles, displays, etc.

Most of the negative reactions I have seen against those that post negative reviews are not showing anger towards someone not liking the game, as that would be rather foolish seeing as everyone is entitled to having an opinion and no game is going to appeal to everyone, especially in the same way.

Instead, most of the negative reaction I've seen has been against those that posted untruths and or exaggerations of the facts and not their personal opinion.
 
*On second though debates like this are ignorant*
 
...And people saying they are going to go to NASCAR? The little I know about Nascar is that all the cars are similar and go on oval circuits no? And your bored with GT5p, hahahaha.

As silly as the actual sport of NASCAR is, I find myself tuning in sometimes. I have to stop sometimes to think, why am I watching cars go round and round in circles like a merry go round for 200+ plus times and 4+ hours? Then I come to the conclusion that it does have some drama. The problem for me is that the actual NASCAR console game made by EA is absolute garbage. If the game was half decent I would actually play it. Daytona is one of my favorite tracks in GTP and that's a NASCAR track but I can't play that dumb NASCAR game EA puts out. I don't see how it's any better than GT5P.
 
I can't believe people are putting down a great value for money game. It was less than £20, if it had been £40 - £50 then OK you might have something to whinge about but not at this price surely. And people saying they are going to go to NASCAR? The little I know about Nascar is that all the cars are similar and go on oval circuits no? And your bored with GT5p, hahahaha.


If you are refering to my post. Thats right..You do know little about Nascar...Lets keep it at that. Kind of like F1. Stick to what you know. ;)

I don't find going in circles boring.. No..What I do find challenging is making a setup to go as fast as my competitors. And how hard it is to drive competitivly with a COT.

:D
 
Not me. I love it. Racing the 600 race at Suzuka might be better than the 750's. High Speed Ring is a mess most of the time, but I still like it from time to time. I generally only get mad when the same person runs me over, then runs the guy ahead of me over...etc. You can tell when someone is trying to race clean. Good times.
 
You're kidding, right? Tired of GT5??!!
 
Nope I'm not tired of GT5p, yet, although I'm getting tired of playing online. I was never interested in online racing, but as of lately I got more interested and this interest is diminishing again.

Due to the demo GRID, I now know that I'm a hardcore fan and that I'm more interested in GT5p than GRID. But I'm not convinced that GT5p is as realistic as some of you say it is.

I'm still a huge fan of GTlegends (Blimey!/Simbin sim). This with the photorealistic graphics of GT5p but with more antialising and I'm pleased.
I use to be much more interested in online racing with GTL than I'm with GT5p or GRID.

I hope that Blimey!s Ferrari and Falcon project will be much better than GT5p, not better than GT5, read carefully, I said GT5 prologue.



:)
 
I'm still a huge fan of GTlegends (Blimey!/Simbin sim)
Ahh, that's a great drive 👍 Pity about the starforce issues on certain pc's. I've sadly uninstalled it and done away
with as many traces of the starforce software as i could locate, the paranoia having got the better of me :crazy:

Legends add-on for GT5 anyone? 👍 :cool:
 
Still having fun with it, to put this in perspective, i'm still having fun with gt4.

Now a lot of folks are saying it's too easy ... in case you missed it, you can change the AIs skill level. And if it's too easy online, race on the 750pp races with a 600pp car.

But thats not the point. It's just a matter of preference, with time some folks just loose interest, and thats about it.
 
I don't like the online play with prologue. No point in tuning the cars when the rubberband/boost is turned on. It is a bit dissapointing that the physics change according to your position. The game is clean otherwise, but I bought this game for the online play. I don't care about the punters, the penalties, I'm ok with all of that. I haven't played for about a week now. I will buy the full version anyway, because I believe most of the issues I have with it will be resolved. I've stated in past posts, I am dissapointed with the GT40 physics. horrible expample in my eyes. I've never driven a supercar, but it seems to me a GT40 would stomp on a stock corvette, but times are very close, there is a reason you pay that kind of money for a car like that, and lap times should in no way be compareable with a vette. That said, I'm sure someone might find ignorance in that statement. I'm ok with that. Anyhow, theres my 2cents!
 
I am dissapointed with the GT40 physics. horrible expample in my eyes. I've never driven a supercar, but it seems to me a GT40 would stomp on a stock corvette, but times are very close, there is a reason you pay that kind of money for a car like that, and lap times should in no way be compareable with a vette. That said, I'm sure someone might find ignorance in that statement. I'm ok with that.

A stock Corvette - do you mean the '06 Z06? That's a seriously quick car. 0 - 60mph in 3.5 seconds, 198mph top speed.

Nurburgring times:

Corvette C6 Z06: 7.42.99
Ford GT: 7.40.6

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

I would have thought they'd both be damn close, based on that.

Plus, the price difference in real life.

Z06 - starts at $74,775 (http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/)
GT - starts at $155,000 (http://www.fordgt.net/)
 
Back