Ariel Reveals New Turbocharged Atom 4, Will Debut at Goodwood Festival of Speed

I really appreciate how it won't be racing in a camouflaged guise :D

-ahem- Toyota

Last edited:
I kinda wish they'd head the other way with these... make the performance a little less supernatural and bring the car more to the masses. I don't need insane levels of acceleration (and probably can't use it fully) to enjoy a pure driving experience from a car that handles like a car should. I could probably make do with 150 horses and one of these at the track and still have a ridiculous grin on my face.

Agree. A Caterham 120 is perfect for me(not that I've driven one). Put in the low boost engine from the normal Civic and a Fit/Jazz engine, for entry level.

I kinda wish they'd head the other way with these... make the performance a little less supernatural and bring the car more to the masses. I don't need insane levels of acceleration (and probably can't use it fully) to enjoy a pure driving experience from a car that handles like a car should. I could probably make do with 150 horses and one of these at the track and still have a ridiculous grin on my face.

I agree. I suppose the kart for the masses would be the Polaris Slingshot, if you can get over the three wheels.

What is the starting price for a standard Ariel Atom?

Yeah, this is pretty much the design of the Atom
images

Strapping a turbo motor in the middle, probably won't make it pull Veyrons on the Autobahnen.

I was expecting more top speed. 230HP,1300lLBS car. Guess it has short gear ratios.
It has 320hp, a 7000rpm rev limiter*, and the drag coefficient of a brick. None of these things are in favor of huge top speeds and the fact that it does 160mph is actually kinda impressive.

*going on the assumption it still uses the stock Honda rev limit

Back