ARL All Stars II - Judgement Day - Gr3 Wins!

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 156 comments
In light of the recent issues with the network which led to several consecutive aborted start, I was thinking if there's any implementation of aborted start rules or alternatives (i.e. Rolling start after certain number of aborted start)

In theory, I could have at least moved my car should there be a rolling start. At least my car would've rolled into the wall rather than getting stuck at the grid after several botched attempts... Just sharing my debriefing thoughts.

This might be a good pre-emptive for future contingencies.

In light of the recent issues with the network which led to several consecutive aborted start, I was thinking if there's any implementation of aborted start rules or alternatives (i.e. Rolling start after certain number of aborted start)

In theory, I could have at least moved my car should there be a rolling start. At least my car would've rolled into the wall rather than getting stuck at the grid after several botched attempts... Just sharing my debriefing thoughts.

we actually do have a rule with aborted starts we give it 2 extra tries 1st one we ask that affected drivers back out of lobby and clear cache then rejoin. The 2nd one we ask the same but if the same driver is stuck will we move him to the rear of the feild so he doesnt affect another driver and he can back out of the race. That might not be word for word I'm the rules as I'm going completely off memory

This might be a good pre-emptive for future contingencies.
What would happen with rolling starts is the car that DC’s during Rolling start will be stuck in rolling start for the duration of the race.

I thought I started all the races last night? I didn’t finish the second truck race cause I thought we were only doing three races. No biggie though as I’m sure the 3 points I may have accidentally scored doesn’t affect the outcome. I’ll try not to go on a drinking binge like I’m 20 again (3 beers instead of 2!!!!!) before a race. Wooooo weekends!!!!

we actually do have a rule with aborted starts we give it 2 extra tries 1st one we ask that affected drivers back out of lobby and clear cache then rejoin. The 2nd one we ask the same but if the same driver is stuck will we move him to the rear of the feild so he doesnt affect another driver and he can back out of the race. That might not be word for word I'm the rules as I'm going completely off memory
Ah I see.. But yeah that aborted start plan you had was actually a good one that I didn't catch or notice until you brought it up. But yes, thanks for clarifying on that point. Overall I'm still happy with the flow and organization...like barely anyone panicked over the horrid accidents! Simply much more professional than the nonsense filled Daily Races they had.

What would happen with rolling starts is the car that DC’s during Rolling start will be stuck in rolling start for the duration of the race.
Hahaha what?! I've never seen that happen before... But I swear it'll be a hilarious thing to have a mobile rolling chicane in the middle of the track throughout the duration of the race.

Back