ARL Driver Training and Information Saturdays

• Thread starter SydViscus
  • 162 comments
For anyone who wants to attend,

I will now be running a driver training/information lobby prior to every Gr. 3 Saturday race. These lobbies will open at 7:30 Eastern Time and run until mock lobby. Anyone from any series seeking improvement in their driving or racecraft, as well as anyone who has questions for the BoD on rules, regulations and best practices is welcome to attend, there will be a voice chat but if you cannot chat I'll answer questions through the in game chat, albeit much slower than over voice chat.

Also, if there are any drivers who want to attend as an instructor, whether for a specific class on a topic of their choice they feel they have insight into, or just as a coach to help give input to those looking to improve, just @ me in thread at any time. I may look at recording to post lessons done by these instructors on Youtube for future reference as an ICYMI. That all depends though.

No commitments or confirmation of attendance necessary, and as I already run a public practice lobby for that nights race in that time slot regardless of attendance, so feel no pressure to stay long or attend, and if you just want to free practice that's fine too! Just ask to join party chat or ask questions in game chat if you wish to partake. The track will be that of the nights Gr3 race, unless we are between seasons at which time it will be tracks of the attendees choosing.

For that nights track list (on Gr3 race nights): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gr-3-driver-hub.390304/

Track guides by ARL (playlist):

Advice from the Pros:

I am super new to GT sport or driving sims at all this is my first one actually. I did one daily race and it was a clown fest. I can only play weekends due to work obligations. Can I participate in this league?

I am super new to GT sport or driving sims at all this is my first one actually. I did one daily race and it was a clown fest. I can only play weekends due to work obligations. Can I participate in this league?
Ive been part of this league for about 18mos now. The only driver i saw that was lets say ‘un-welcomed’ was one that made no effort to race clean. Other than that all abilities and levels are welcome. If you’re looking to improve this is the place. Theres often practice lobbies - may be a good place to start in a few of those if you’re really concerned about the clown fest 🤡.

im not much help to yoy myself as i can only race during the week and not weekends but i often have practice lobbies on tuesdays usually around 830pm (ish) EST. your welcome to friend me if you think a weeknight practice is doable. Psn id: BPeacock27

edit - track guides on you tube are a great help and if you’re really new, check out the circuit experiance/training within gtsport for the weeks upcoming track…..

Last edited:
What Peacock said, everybody is welcome unless they choose not to make the effort to be clean or better themselves. It's all about fun and competition here.

Add @SydViscus to your friends list to start with. He will usually have practice servers up on Saturdays hours before racing begins. He helps out new drivers quite a bit. As the rest of us roll into servers we help out as well.

Ive been part of this league for about 18mos now. The only driver i saw that was lets say ‘un-welcomed’ was one that made no effort to race clean. Other than that all abilities and levels are welcome. If you’re looking to improve this is the place. Theres often practice lobbies - may be a good place to start in a few of those if you’re really concerned about the clown fest 🤡.

im not much help to yoy myself as i can only race during the week and not weekends but i often have practice lobbies on tuesdays usually around 830pm (ish) EST. your welcome to friend me if you think a weeknight practice is doable. Psn id: BPeacock27

edit - track guides on you tube are a great help and if you’re really new, check out the circuit experiance/training within gtsport for the weeks upcoming track…..
7C7DC984-D498-46D2-B1AB-1FB90FF7F70E.jpeg

Thanks for all the responses. I am in Texas atm headed back to Ohio. I will be on late Friday then Saturday hope to talk to someone then.
Welcome!! Hope to see you on track soon!! Feel free to add me as well... I do a lot of random practice lobbies. Scarecrow937

Also, the Saturday practice leads into the Saturday race... come run!! Best way to learn is by doing. Also, dont be intimidated by some of these guys' speed. They are excellent racers and are well practiced. However, my man Battle Peacock is right... we have all levels here. Run a few races while working on your racecraft... you'll be stunned how quick you're up to speed.

If you're interested, head on over to the Gr3 Saturday thread and post your intentions and car choice! Any questions....we're here for you!!

See you on track!!

I won't have a Saturday practice this week, as I'm out of town but someone usually has one up, and everyone is super helpful.

Feel free to join up and chat with the dudes!!

Clown fest is right... Welcome to the group. We're all about clean, competitive racing here. Scarecrow is right about what he said about the pace of this league's members; it can be intimidating for most drivers, but we're happy to help you improve your race craft so stick with it and feel free to ask anyone for help in improving your technique.

Last edited:
@Porschebeard and @Buckeye121

What are your PSN's for data sheets?

Also welcome !! Its a good group as they said, I won't have driver training open tonight as I'm traveling and tentative to even race, but join any of the guys lobbies there's usually some up!

Last edited:
Back