ARL iRacing

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 580 comments
I cant wait to see what he calls the roval lmao
All of those races will now be refered to as GTS daily simulator races.....wrecked on the pace lap wrecked coming out of the pits (wasn't even back on track racing just simply exited the pits) and wrecked unlapping myself lol so my days racing oval is pretty much over unless there's a 1 off Indy car race like the Indy 500 or something

All of those races will now be refered to as GTS daily simulator races.....wrecked on the pace lap wrecked coming out of the pits (wasn't even back on track racing just simply exited the pits) and wrecked unlapping myself lol so my days racing oval is pretty much over unless there's a 1 off Indy car race like the Indy 500 or something
My first 4 races were getting wrecked by other people's incidents or causing one myself. It's always said everywhere and it's true on ovals. Practice and get yourself a good starting spot and the trouble happens behind you for the most part. I started Arca and this week is at the rock. It can be super rough in the midfield. As soon as I went from a 40.5ish to a 39.8-40 I immediately had a race I started on pole, dropped 3 positions only to have the 2 wreck themselves and finish 2nd. If you like the discipline it does get better.

My first 4 races were getting wrecked by other people's incidents or causing one myself. It's always said everywhere and it's true on ovals. Practice and get yourself a good starting spot and the trouble happens behind you for the most part. I started Arca and this week is at the rock. It can be super rough in the midfield. As soon as I went from a 40.5ish to a 39.8-40 I immediately had a race I started on pole, dropped 3 positions only to have the 2 wreck themselves and finish 2nd. If you like the discipline it does get better.
Lol I'll have to keep at it. I see how it gets frustrating for you guys who do this regularly

Lol I'll have to keep at it. I see how it gets frustrating for you guys who do this regularly
Seems like the road ovals are alot worse which is odd you would think dirt would be. Even starting up front and trying to be patient usually I end up dead from a lapper

Seems like the road ovals are alot worse which is odd you would think dirt would be. Even starting up front and trying to be patient usually I end up dead from a lapper
Lol we sat on the grid got rolling and didn't even make it thru turn 1 guy hits the wall comes straight down and takes me out never even saw the back stretch

You should come to the dirty side it's much cleaner lol

Lol after last night gts daily is better atleast it's expected there

Ive been following some iracing Facebook pages and everybody is complaining about the drivers lately. There’s just a ton of new people since COVID. One guy wrote out a long post thanking NASCAR for ruining iracing by making a joke of it on national television. In a lot of ways he was right but I think as soon as this is over those people won’t be renewing their subscription and it’ll get better.

Ive been following some iracing Facebook pages and everybody is complaining about the drivers lately. There’s just a ton of new people since COVID. One guy wrote out a long post thanking NASCAR for ruining iracing by making a joke of it on national television. In a lot of ways he was right but I think as soon as this is over those people won’t be renewing their subscription and it’ll get better.
Hopefully iRacing takes this extra income and gives us some new juicy content.
I’d like to see few more dirt tracks, B-Mods and USMTS modifieds for dirt. Hell, tired of seeing that damn Camaro. Give me a Monte Carlo!!!

Think about how cheap sim rigs and wheels are about to become lol I can see it now paid 500 used it twice will sell for best offer lol it's gonna be a gold mine in a month or so

Hopefully iRacing takes this extra income and gives us some new juicy content.
I’d like to see few more dirt tracks, B-Mods and USMTS modifieds for dirt. Hell, tired of seeing that damn Camaro. Give me a Monte Carlo!!!
They can just go ahead and give us the full world of outlaed calendar

Last night only had time for 1 race. Started 8th and passed 3 cars on the outside in t1. By lap 4 I was in first. The eventual winner by 8 secs starts to reel me in and the first lap he catches me he dumps me in t1. Get repaired and 2 laps later the guy in front smacks the wall in exit and I T-bone him giving me 15 min worth of repair. Haha some nights the ovals are just rough.

Last night only had time for 1 race. Started 8th and passed 3 cars on the outside in t1. By lap 4 I was in first. The eventual winner by 8 secs starts to reel me in and the first lap he catches me he dumps me in t1. Get repaired and 2 laps later the guy in front smacks the wall in exit and I T-bone him giving me 15 min worth of repair. Haha some nights the ovals are just rough.

Yeah. Haha. Did martinsville last night In the Trucks. Started 4th was in 1st by lap 1... took myself out, then clawed my way back into too 10 the. some how survived to finish second. It was definitely a short track race. Surprised I left with only a 6x

Slow....the one I would like to buy is currently out of stock. Got a budget between 6-700 at this point. Looking to see what other options are out there. I would prefer to go to a physical store and get it vs online ordering.

Slow....the one I would like to buy is currently out of stock. Got a budget between 6-700 at this point. Looking to see what other options are out there. I would prefer to go to a physical store and get it vs online ordering.
Well if you de ide to go online check out the vrla rogue. That's the one I got and it works great

Build your own. You’ll get way more performance for your money and it’s easy to build one.

I'd have to agree that you should build one. Not only are the parts better but quite often when you purchase the OS is so filled with bloatware that you are using a bunch of resources that aren't needed.

Build your own. You’ll get way more performance for your money and it’s easy to build one.

This. Nick you're a bright guy - building computers really isnt that difficult. Take it from someone who had zero computer building experience and just learned from a couple guides on the net. And with youtube being so popular now itll really help with the step by step process. It's essentially a puzzle of just a few pieces that snap into place.

This site is pretty popular amongst pc builders, and I'm pretty sure itll tell you if all of your puzzle pieces are compatible and work together.

You can always go to your local best buy or order online knowing the "pros" put it together, but you're just paying more for the name (and peace of mind), when you could build something even better for the same price. And get the satisfaction of knowing you built it (with the help of @Neutty)

Just remember, static electricity is not your friend. Keep yourself grounded.... and reach for the stars :lol:

Good luck

What Sam said is so true. I've been building my own pcs since win98. It's literally this power plug can only go in this spot.. Memory only fits in this spot. The hardest part is the processor fan installation and cable management.

It’s the software side of PC land that challenges me. Took me months and a download of call of duty to realize I didn’t even have my graphics card drivers downloaded. I didn’t even know a graphics card needed a driver. I barely even know what a driver is.

It’s the software side of PC land that challenges me. Took me months and a download of call of duty to realize I didn’t even have my graphics card drivers downloaded. I didn’t even know a graphics card needed a driver. I barely even know what a driver is.
Same hahaha

Beside Nate, neutty, jw and myself does anyone else have the Ferrari 488 GTE & Le Man Or plan on getting it and running the 24h in june?

Back