ARL Super Formula Series

• Thread starter Moby45
  • 84 comments
That was fun, especially Spa and Suzuka

Guido has me sorted for a Livery now too :cheers:
1628438764010.png

Sadly, I will have to miss race #1; I will be in Le Mans. So whoever ends up becoming the first reserve driver will have a seat for the first race.

Last edited:
I believe all the information is up and ready! Please look over it so you know what to expect next Saturday. Also if you have any questions ask on here in this forum. If you think I missed anything say here and I can either add it or explain why it is not here.

Now lets see some Liveries!!

@Moby45
The rules are clear, thank you.
Can you clarify qualifying procedures for me a bit, or maybe a group of us can even do a practice qualifying run through this week?
It sounds like the lobby host will tell us over chat when we are released to start our individual qualifying run?
Is that going to be about 10 seconds apart or so depending on the track?
During the out lap are we allowed to drive slower and warm up tires, etc?
During the warm down lap is there a good speed we should maintain?
This is all probably obvious when it happens and will make more sense when I see it, I just don't want to ruin someone else's hot lap because I did something dumb.

@Moby45
Can you clarify qualifying procedures for me a bit, or maybe a group of us can even do a practice qualifying run through this week?
It sounds like the lobby host will tell us over chat when we are released to start our individual qualifying run?
This is all probably obvious when it happens and will make more sense when I see it, I just don't want to ruin someone else's hot lap because I did something dumb.
Itll be based on how short the track is but yea probably in the 10-20s range, a normal pace is good for outlap to get tires up to temp...personally on the cool down lap ill either find a safe place to park, or just exit the track right away...after the first go itll come real easy to you

@Moby45
This may help. Its how we did it in previous super formula series.

Qualifying:
  • How it will work:

All drivers will wait in their vehicle in the pits.
    The first driver will exit the pits to start their out lap.
    Once the first driver crosses the first or second sector line (depending on circuit) to start their out lap the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
    After the second driver crosses the first or second sector line (depending on circuit) to start their out lap the next driver will exit the pits to start their out lap
    this will continue until all drivers have exited the pits to start qualifying

Cool down lap:
    After completing your hot lap/qualifying lap please continue to drive until you are a safe distance from the start/finish line
    Then please exit the track and return to the lobby or continue to the pits and wait until qualifying is over.
    Please remain greened up while in the lobby or your qualifying time will be nullified.

How do I know when to exit the pits to start qualifying?:

Please join the party chat. The lobby host will let you know when its your turn to exit the pits via party chat.

Not so great with the stripes around the nose but here ya go…

Attachments

• 38581E82-10D4-4B7A-A224-028717579ED0.jpeg
    38581E82-10D4-4B7A-A224-028717579ED0.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 0F69113F-C3B8-476E-A733-B6259D8F6D8C.jpeg
    0F69113F-C3B8-476E-A733-B6259D8F6D8C.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 27
That was a fun session on Saturday. Looking forward to the season! Hopefully I can get off the grid in one piece come race day!! Lol.

The 16 drivers are always auto-confirmed and have to say when they will be missing.

Syd, Smoke, Ninety and Aden are the ones who I know will be missing.

Sadly will miss this race for the 4hr LM race tonite
Fill in required
Thanks, see you all for the rest of this series :cheers:

@Moby45 Can you swap me to the reserve list, I'm going to miss tonight and likely at least 2 more races so my spot can be given to someone who will make more races.

Back