ARL Super GT

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 591 comments
@Moby45 the weight didn't hurt me that much, I was only a couple tenths off the fast lap. My main issue was focus because there was a lot commotion around me so I am going to to with the headset from now on to fix that.

A second and more minor but annoying issue is that with my seating position and the pedals being upright I have had trouble getting the brake pressure right every time which lead to my second off. Just a few inches wider than normal due to not hitting the exactly right amount of pressure but that's all it took when pushing the limit.

Really at the end of the day, I ran a really good race save for 2 corners where I just missed my mark and I paid for it. Gave me the inspiration to finally dust off the ps gold headset and get my pedals how I've wanted them since I bought them. Probably won't impact how I finish much going forward other than hopefully I will have better focus and get my full potential wherever that leaves me.

Hopping on now for a little road test

0475-4161-0636-3266-9764

@Moby45 the weight didn't hurt me that much, I was only a couple tenths off the fast lap. My main issue was focus because there was a lot commotion around me so I am going to to with the headset from now on to fix that.

A second and more minor but annoying issue is that with my seating position and the pedals being upright I have had trouble getting the brake pressure right every time which lead to my second off. Just a few inches wider than normal due to not hitting the exactly right amount of pressure but that's all it took when pushing the limit.

Really at the end of the day, I ran a really good race save for 2 corners where I just missed my mark and I paid for it. Gave me the inspiration to finally dust off the ps gold headset and get my pedals how I've wanted them since I bought them. Probably won't impact how I finish much going forward other than hopefully I will have better focus and get my full potential wherever that leaves me.

Hopping on now for a little road test

0475-4161-0636-3266-9764

Commotion as in outside the virtual Rehlm? Or just us crazy GT500 cars at break neck passing speeds?

I prefer inverted also. @Whitey093 if you're running a thrustmaster just hold the mode button on the wheel until it turns green to flip the clutch and throttle.

Found it in the instructions @PApunk924 now I know what the mode button does lol. The green light is much more pleasant so it's a win win.

Got some laps in with scarecrow and the pedals felt great. Not faster but they feel a lot better to me and I feel like they will help me be more consistent. It's just a very natural position. It was a lot easier to just drag the brake slightly to keep the car tight to the inside of a corner and I felt very in control.

Attachments

• 20190921_165119.jpg
    20190921_165119.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 13
Great for street cars.

I prefer floor mounted. Feels like Less slippage when at the track or rally stages. Better control for me as well. I dislike that street cars have pedals mounted upwards because it feels like I have to reach more when you have to fully press the pedals. Especially the clutch and throttle.

Pic not of my rally car but a good example of what the majority of racers use.

Attachments

• 793d645a2b0ba05e810e62b99afaa9c7.jpg
    793d645a2b0ba05e810e62b99afaa9c7.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Great for street cars.

I prefer floor mounted. Feels like Less slippage when at the track or rally stages. Better control for me as well. I dislike that street cars have pedals mounted upwards because it feels like I have to reach more when you have to fully press the pedals. Especially the clutch and throttle.

Pic not of my rally car but a good example of what the majority of racers use.
Ive never had the opportunity to race an actual race car. All i know is that it just "feels more natural" to invert the pedals for me. Once i did, i became more consistent (not that im super consistent, but it did make me more consistent than i was)

I haven't done actual racing but in the track days I've done I preferred the RX8 setup with all inverted, vs the e46 with the floor mounted throttle.

As much to do with positioning as style I imagine, but I felt better on the throttle and heel toe (which I don't do in gt sport) in the Mazda.

Admittedly those were street cars with significant track mods, not race cars.

I loved my Mini for having the floor mounted for the same reasons of heel/toe you mentioned lol.

I think it could be the size of ones feet that determines the comfort and feel on pedals. Maybe. I only wear a size 9 to 10 shoe. Maybe that could have something to do with it. Maybe not.

The other reason i like them on the floor is that travel feel. When mounted to the top a lot of pedals(to me anyway) have this arch feeling that pushes back and up away from you. All of my floor mounts just go straight down to the floor so it just feels better that way for me.

I have much better control when I can mash the sht out of them rather than chase them away from me. Lol.

I have to go out of town this week, so I will miss the race. Can’t wait to get back on track with you all. See you at Suzuka!

I'm shocked there's not more GT500 trash talk/banter given that 1st through 4th are separated by just 10 points. That's a wide open battle with 4 races left and if smoke hits the jackpot at suzuka he's right there too. Amazing parity! GT300 would've been a lot tighter if everyone made all the races but it's still a 4 or 5 horse race for the title which is a credit to the points structure and ballast policy.

I'm shocked there's not more GT500 trash talk/banter given that 1st through 4th are separated by just 10 points. That's a wide open battle with 4 races left and if smoke hits the jackpot at suzuka he's right there too. Amazing parity! GT300 would've been a lot tighter if everyone made all the races but it's still a 4 or 5 horse race for the title which is a credit to the points structure and ballast policy.
I am going to put Smoke a lap down at Suzuka.

Good Morning ARL... it's Race Day!!!

Tonight, we'll be completing 43 laps at Autopolis!! I will be your host tonight and will have the final lobby open no later than 9:40 EST. (Keep an eye out beforehand for practice lobbies). Autopolis is a great combo of power and patience, with sweeping high speed curves, twisty low downforce sectors, and an off-camber hairpin that seems to go on forever. Nail that corner exit!!

Last round, @Moby45 climbed the top step of the GT500 podium again... can he be stopped? There's a couple of Lexus's and Nissans that would like to prove he can be. With just 10 points separating the top four drivers, every race is a must win!!
The GT300 class continued with their tight racing last round, with many late passes and strategies coming into play. Toyota asserted some dominance, with McLaren and Honda sneaking across the line shortly after. Although 1st and 2nd are currently tied for points, almost the whole grid is still in championship contention!

Who's got the pace? Who's got the consistency? Who's gonna end up in the kitty litter for turn 1? Can the GT500s keep their downforce in sector 3? Is My Little Ferrari primed to embarrass the rest of the field? Who will make the first joke about DrSpyderPig's fuel strategy?

Find out the answers to these questions and more, tonight, at ARL SuperGT Round 6!!!

images.jpeg

Back