ARL Wednesday Nights - Gr4 Championship

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 7,278 comments
If nothing else at least you wouldn’t have to worry about room assignments every week. And you already have the splits from gr3 you could just carry over to gr4.
I don't mind the divisions, but I think the lobbies are better and more fun when they are mixed. It makes for better racing and actually helps drivers improve. I for one would not have gotten better had I not been racing with Neutty, Heri and Sam...and then there's Moby, who I absolutely slug it out with on track.

Racing and competing, knowing you probably have no chance of winning, is when you improve the most

I don't mind the divisions, but I think the lobbies are better and more fun when they are mixed. It makes for better racing and actually helps drivers improve. I for one would not have gotten better had I not been racing with Neutty, Heri and Sam...and then there's Moby, who I absolutely slug it out with on track.

Racing and competing, knowing you probably have no chance of winning, is when you improve the most
You have hit the nail right on the ARL head. That was one of our visions starting this venture, to have drivers of various skill levels competing against one another and pushing each other to improve. I have also learned a great deal working and racing with the likes of @Neutty @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010.

I see. So is it different every week?
Yup, you never know which one of those fast 🤬 you're gonna get!

You have hit the nail right on the ARL head. That was one of our visions starting this venture, to have drivers of various skill levels competing against one another and pushing each other to improve. I have also learned a great deal working and racing with the likes of @Neutty @Herimopp89 @Jw_wk1010.
Right, I forgot JW, he's another one.

I see. So is it different every week?
Yes. Once the confirmation time frame has ended, we take all of the drivers who have signed up for that week and place them in the "super exclusive, double secret Excel randomizer" (ARL patent pending) and let the formula work it's magic. Once it spits out the results we can then establish each lobby.
Of course they may be last minute cancellations or additions, so we may have to be a little nimble in re-arranging lobbies prior to race start, for a better "numbers" balance between the two.
The creation of the divisions was a first last season for GR3. Prior to that, all drivers were lumped together under the big umbrella. Someone like me (a super slow driver compared to the silver cats) would have never even sniffed a championship. With the separate divisions, we think it gives every driver the opportunity to not only "get the win", but also compete for their respective division championship.

which reminds me...When is the first class on Racing at ARL university, that still in the works?

..and then there's Moby, who I absolutely slug it out with on track.

Haha, I only exist in the world to give the people who are really good something to worry about. It makes me happy to have somebody who would obviously win be on their toes because I am there because as you know. Most of the time, I don't win. Lol

It's like how I play mens league hockey. There are plenty of people who are better and plenty of teams who are better. But I am there to make their obvious victory harder than they want it to be. You may be up by 7 goals but dammit you for sure wont get a shut-out!

Haha, I only exist in the world to give the people who are really good something to worry about. It makes me happy to have somebody who would obviously win be on their toes because I am there because as you know. Most of the time, I don't win. Lol
I may not know you that well personally, but I know how you race. You're a two time, defending champion. Credit is due!

Has anyone noticed that I've placed 2nd for every event so far this season? He's talking about no wins, pffft!

Last edited:
I may not know you that well personally, but I know how you race. You're a two time, defending champion. Credit is due!

Has anyone noticed that I've placed 2nd for every event so far this season? He's taking about no wins, pffft!

Haha 2nd place got me championship wins. :sly:

I technically have only 1 win. The other win was just JW being very nice and deciding to leave the server. He can be a sweet little midget like that.

"Ok, first lesson. If you see that SAMHAIN is in your lobby. Crap your pants and don't show up even if you are supposed to head the lobby." hehehe :)

Serious time---- What happened last night man? Just wasn't at home to race?

I run an oreilly and was stuck here doing pre inventory stuff til late

Back