ARL Wednesday Nights - Gr4 Championship

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 7,278 comments
I agree one off start fresh with the new year lol maybe a weekly race for the series through November and December like gr1 race the FA1500 a super formula race a Tesla vs Porsche electric car race maybe even try the f1 car on there for a race lol just a simple thought I had lmao

“Improved” Miata TC, no tune, no bop but high hp and lower weight. 1-3X for tire wear and fuel so there isn’t a “strategy at play. Qualifying like normal, but races laid out a little different. Round 1 is the “even” qualifiers for a 8ish lap race. Round 2 is the “odd” qualifiers for 8ish laps. These races set the lineup for the even and odd sides of the grid. Could even do a random invert using a number from the fastest laps. Round 3, the main event would be like 15ish laps.

Mazda Demio FWD Championship? The Renault Clio is nice too but a lot of people say the FWD physics aren't that great on it while the new Mazda feels great. Could be a hidden gem for close racing. FWD is great for when you accidentally pit maneuver someone so they don't instantly spin out and you two can continue racing hard and fast.

Mazda Demio FWD Championship? The Renault Clio is nice too but a lot of people say the FWD physics aren't that great on it while the new Mazda feels great. Could be a hidden gem for close racing. FWD is great for when you accidentally pit maneuver someone so they don't instantly spin out and you two can continue racing hard and fast.

Would be like running current B-Spec series in SCCA club racing. Could be fun.

BUT, my vote would be spec miata series using the miata TC car. Rowdy and Texas seem to have found a great layout for running it. Not fuel strategy, shorter tracks, hopefully we can get great participation so the servers are full. It would almost be like real spec miata racing.

Here's a good list of short tracks that I was gonna use for a Clio Cup. I thought it would be cool to start with the smaller Brands Hatch and finish by opening it up to the full course.

Brands Hatch Indy
Maggiore - Center
Kyoto - Miyabi
Tokyo - Central Outer Loop
Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
Red Bull Ring Short
Brands Hatch GP

There's also @R1600Turbo who consistently runs the Flyin' Miatas Series on Sunday afternoons. 3pm EST. He's gonna start a new season soon and increased the power from Season 1. Short sprint races where racing is the highlight, not conserving fuel and tires.

the tesla and taycan are no where close in this game.

I want to race some classic cars!!!

maybe a poll with 15 cars that we can like all pick out 5 favs. Then another pole with the top 5 cars that we all then vote on again. You know cause the bod is prolly not busy.

Last edited:
:banghead:
Here's a good list of short tracks that I was gonna use for a Clio Cup. I thought it would be cool to start with the smaller Brands Hatch and finish by opening it up to the full course.

Brands Hatch Indy
Maggiore - Center
Kyoto - Miyabi
Tokyo - Central Outer Loop
Blue Moon Bay - Infield A
Red Bull Ring Short
Brands Hatch GP

There's also @R1600Turbo who consistently runs the Flyin' Miatas Series on Sunday afternoons. 3pm EST. He's gonna start a new season soon and increased the power from Season 1. Short sprint races where racing is the highlight, not conserving fuel and tires.
The only problem with R1600’s series is it right smack in the middle of football games... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Would be like running current B-Spec series in SCCA club racing. Could be fun.

BUT, my vote would be spec miata series using the miata TC car. Rowdy and Texas seem to have found a great layout for running it. Not fuel strategy, shorter tracks, hopefully we can get great participation so the servers are full. It would almost be like real spec miata racing.
I think running and “even and odd” heat with a main event could help some people become better in the end. Cause what else are you gonna do during the heat you don’t race except spectate... some guys might be able to pick up a thing or two. And for streamers it gives their viewers a “broadcast” type view for a little bit.

something i was thinking might be interesting in the future is ToD for tracks. since we do 3 races at a time in this series, the first race be early, then each consecutive race goes on to the next ToD.... just a thought.,..

:banghead:
The only problem with R1600’s series is it right smack in the middle of football games... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Football is meh, but thats because I am a hockey guy. That being said, the only reason I don't join that series is BECAUSE it is in the middle of the day. I have a son and a life outside of my house lol. Night time for video games is the only time for video games.

the tesla and taycan are no where close in this game.

I want to race some classic cars!!!

I had actually set up a room once using the 69 Camaro and the Shelby gt500 with a maximum hp and minimum wieght setting to make it "even". Had a blast and quite a few people raced. I think if we did classic cars, nothing would be better than a series with just those 2 cars. Ford vs. GM, Even make a manufacture points standing.

Season 6 Euro Cup is a wrap and in the books. Congratulations to our Champion @SAMHAIN85 and runner ups @Moby45 and @BGCaligula!

source (2).gif

I'd like to thank the Academy, my sponsor Kmart internet, Nick and the rest of the ARL higher ups for organizing and also the painstaking task of inputting results/data every week(not an easy job), Moby and BG for keeping me on my toes all Season, and everyone else that raced. I had a lot of fun.

I'll leave you with a tip that should help some of you. Launches are important, especially in the reverse grid races. A lot of my success I had this season was due to getting off the line better than others. With this series is using false start penalties, I notice some of you use your brake pedal to keep the car stationary until the final lights go out. I highly suggest you map one of the many buttons on your wheel to "e-brake" and ditch using the brake pedal. You'll find that your reaction speed is a lot faster lifting a finger rather than your size 12 to get your car moving.

I also highly recommend running with radar on when you're in traffic. Otherwise you're doing a disservice to not only other drivers, but yourself.

Till next time

ill-be-bach-back.jpeg

I started doing some testing for a “vintage trans-am” series a while back. Started out good, you can adjust hp to get them all to the same “n” class and the bop still seems to work correctly and they were all evenly matched at Tsukuba, but that was pretty much the only track due to the top speed of two of the classic muscle cars. Tried doing an open tune and they still seemed to be at a disadvantage..... I’d love to see a vintage trans-am series....

I started doing some testing for a “vintage trans-am” series a while back. Started out good, you can adjust hp to get them all to the same “n” class and the bop still seems to work correctly and they were all evenly matched at Tsukuba, but that was pretty much the only track due to the top speed of two of the classic muscle cars. Tried doing an open tune and they still seemed to be at a disadvantage..... I’d love to see a vintage trans-am series....

the classic minis are a hoot as well and there are some great setups out there to make those things wicked fun...
because race car

View attachment 865578

I highly suggest you map one of the many buttons on your wheel to "e-brake" and ditch using the brake pedal. You'll find that your reaction speed is a lot faster lifting a finger rather than your size 12 to get your car moving.

View attachment 865587

I second this. Been doing it that way for years. It is something a lot of race cars have in real life anyway except it is an actual hydraulic lever not a button.

RallyCross and Rally racing use them all the time. It is the ONLY way to have fast launches.

Latest Posts

Back