Arrakis Speed Shop//UPDATED 4/4/16// NSX-R 500pp SH-SS/

• Thread starter feydrautha
  • 623 comments
Côte d'Azur.jpg
Ferrari 512 BB '76

Eric Clapton had one of these back in the Cocaine days that apparently he used to do a bunch of blow and pick up hookers was very fond of. So much so, in fact, that he had Ferrari do up a 458 Italia to look like one. This car (well actually, it's very similar predecessor - the 365 GT4 BB; ) was Ferrari's answer to the Lamborghini Countach. While it appears superficially that Lamborghini won this round (a lot more people know and recognize the Countach today; ) from what I have read and gathered; the Ferrari was better to drive. I have left the weight mostly intact (save for the windows) and done minimal mods to the engine in an attempt to preserve some of this car's character.

500pp
403hp
1,390kg

NO OIL CHANGE!!!!

Color: Rosso Met.

Prime Tire: Sports Hard

Option Tire(s): Sports Medium, Sports Soft

Rims: Rays Volk Racing TE37V standard size

No driving aids except ABS 1

Ride height
100 100

Springs
9.30 13.20

Dampers
C 6 4
E 9 7

ARB
6 4

Camber
0.5 0.0

Toe
-0.21 0.60

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 124 MPH
Set top gear to 1.081
Set final to 3.150
Set gears

1:3.221
2:2.460
3:1.883
4:1.436
5:1.081

Final 3.150

LSD

Triple plate clutch

Power-only install these

Sports exhaust
Sports cats
Intake tuning

Nitrous- no

Weight

Standard weight
Standard hood
Window weight reduction
Standard Rigidity

Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Last edited:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg
Ferrari 288 GTO '84

The timelessness of this design cannot be overstated. It is as elegant as it is brutal. There is also something of the F40 in the roofline, particularly around the rear window. Just marvelous.

550pp
481hp
1,150kg

Color: Rouge Lucifer

Prime Tire:Sports Hard

Rims: Rays 57Gainer Standard Size

NO OIL CHANGE !!!!!

Ride height
90 90

Springs
9.10 11.45

Dampers
C 6 4
E 9 7

ARB
6 4

Camber
0.5 0.0

Toe
-0.20 0.60

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 137mph
Set top gear to 1.011
Set final to 3.150
Set gears

1:3.164
2:2.348
3:1.777
4:1.351
5:1.011

Final 3.150

LSD

Triple plate clutch

Power- only install these

Semi-Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning

Nitrous- no

Weight
Standard weight
Std. Hood
Window weight reduction
Standard Rigidity

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

Last edited:
Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_1.jpg
Ferrari Enzo '02

So when this car came out, I didn't really like the way it looked. I even saw and heard (the noise is really something) a few of them in person, and this did not convince me. I was a moron. Just compare this car to the ones that came before and after. The years have not been kind to the F50; and the Ferrari the Ferrari, aside from having a ridiculous name that instantly rendered the car completely irrelevant; looks like an Australian's nightmare. ;)

Also the P1 is faster. :D

But this car. The way the roof disappears before the rear fenders; the subtle F1 styling cues in the nose and the sculpted sides; the way that it produces downforce without using wings; these elements are the work of some exceptionally gifted individuals.

Update 3/28/16 tweaks to dampers and diff, improved body control.

600pp
746hp
1,245kg

Color:Bianco Avus

Rims: BBS LM-R standard size

NO OIL CHANGE !!!!!

Ride height
80 105

Springs
9.00 13.00

Dampers
C 6 4
E 10 8

ARB
6 4

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
-0.27 0.60

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission-Stock

LSD

Triple plate clutch

Power - only buy these parts
Stage

Sports computer
Semi-Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cat.

Nitrous- no

Weight
Standard Weight
Standard hood
Window weight reduction
Standard Rigidity

Downforce
20 50 (standard)

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 525310 Ferrari Enzo '02

So when this car came out, I didn't really like the way it looked. I even saw and heard (the noise is really something) a few of them in person, and this did not convince me. I was a moron. Just compare this car to the ones that came before and after. The years have not been kind to the F50; and the Ferrari the Ferrari, aside from having a ridiculous name that instantly rendered the car completely irrelevant; looks like an Australian's nightmare. ;)

Also the P1 is faster. :D

But this car. The way the roof disappears before the rear fenders; the subtle F1 styling cues in the nose and the sculpted sides; the way that it produces downforce without using wings; these elements are the work of some exceptionally gifted individuals.

600pp
746hp
1,245kg

Color:Bianco Avus

Rims: BBS LM-R standard size

NO OIL CHANGE !!!!!

Ride height
80 105

Springs
9.00 13.00

Dampers
C 6 4
E 9 7

ARB
6 4

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
-0.27 0.60

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission-Stock

LSD

Triple plate clutch

Power - only buy these parts
Stage

Sports computer
Semi-Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cat.

Nitrous- no

Weight
Standard Weight
Standard hood
Window weight reduction
Standard Rigidity

Downforce
20 50 (standard)

View attachment 525311
Hi there, hope u ok, you definitely have a point there, this car has a great joyride as I have driven so many times in my online races and each time was a honor to do so. I do have my own setup for it but I will try yours too just to get a different feel. Speak soon, take care.

Hi there, hope u ok, you definitely have a point there, this car has a great joyride as I have driven so many times in my online races and each time was a honor to do so. I do have my own setup for it but I will try yours too just to get a different feel. Speak soon, take care.

Hey there, good to hear from you! I just figured something small out with another car that I might try on the Enzo; if it works I'll post the changes. I really it's an honor to drive!

Hey there, good to hear from you! I just figured something small out with another car that I might try on the Enzo; if it works I'll post the changes. I really it's an honor to drive!
Have you ever concider working on Hyundai cars at all by the chance?

I did a Genesis with 800HP, but that was it. Any one in particular you had in mind?
HCD6 concept, I call it a wild animal, tried everything to keep rear steady but not possible so far? It's a great little car apart from its ugly look, can beat any car up to 500pp, I have won few races online with 485pp against 500, worth trying m8

HCD6 concept, I call it a wild animal, tried everything to keep rear steady but not possible so far? It's a great little car apart from its ugly look, can beat any car up to 500pp, I have won few races online with 485pp against 500, worth trying m8

Alright, I'll try it out.

My old friend, I made a huge mistake, lol.
One of my top 3 favorite cars to drive in this game, is the '84 F-GTO.
And I would normally never even try anyone else's settings for it but my own. Not because I'm ignorant or because I think I'm better then anyone else at tuning, but because the 4 I own are all 3-full on settings that I have perfected to my own style of driving and I absolutely love how I have them. Dependable, fast, maneuvering, sick dangerous toys.
But, I also trust you when you tune.
So, i bought a 5th one just to try out your latest adventure. (Which, I admit, I still haven't tried yet, lol, I will tonight.) Keep reading, you'll get it, lol.

So I got the GTO, no oil change, did all the parts you said, saved trans for last, ect ect.
And started to do the trans and realized it wasn't matching up. Now, no big deal, 90% of posted tunes don't match exact on trans. Some accidentally did do oil, some used a car with a billion miles that offset numbers, some changed a power part during tuning and offset numbers, ect. I just figured it was one of those.
Anyhoo, I took it out on my personally made testing track (tons of evil curves of variable degrees, one long speed test straight, and some high speed sudden turns, perfect for testing, horrrid for racing, lol)
I took that car around that track 3 times, I used 'brake-taps', never actually holding the brake down......ever...just tapping to cause a rear drift slide, gunning the accel when pointed right, ect.
I don't think i ever went under 65mph, which, if you saw my track, is not possible in many spots.
I was in love with a car i was already in love with ^^
Now, that, and my style of driving in general, is very hard on rear tire wear. I know that, i accept that, and don't care. I drive for feel and fun, not to out drive the genius 12 year olds who play this game 14 hours a day, lol.
The thing is, and the punchline of this book I've left on your page, is my mistake;
When I put in your settings, I must have accidentally scrolled up without knowing. I put in your settings for the '76 BB. Yeah, that.
Explains why the trans didn't match. And why my 500pp car is 542pp instead.
But man, wow. Just wow.
Thank you for accidentally surprising me, and allowing me to experience something out of a car I thought I already 'been there/done that/T-shirt" everything possible.

Tonight, I will actually try your real settings. But i have to be honest, No matter how good they are, I seriously doubt it will excite me the same way this did, lol.
Take care man. I will let you know how it works out.
Story times over :)

My old friend, I made a huge mistake, lol.
One of my top 3 favorite cars to drive in this game, is the '84 F-GTO.
And I would normally never even try anyone else's settings for it but my own. Not because I'm ignorant or because I think I'm better then anyone else at tuning, but because the 4 I own are all 3-full on settings that I have perfected to my own style of driving and I absolutely love how I have them. Dependable, fast, maneuvering, sick dangerous toys.
But, I also trust you when you tune.
So, i bought a 5th one just to try out your latest adventure. (Which, I admit, I still haven't tried yet, lol, I will tonight.) Keep reading, you'll get it, lol.

So I got the GTO, no oil change, did all the parts you said, saved trans for last, ect ect.
And started to do the trans and realized it wasn't matching up. Now, no big deal, 90% of posted tunes don't match exact on trans. Some accidentally did do oil, some used a car with a billion miles that offset numbers, some changed a power part during tuning and offset numbers, ect. I just figured it was one of those.
Anyhoo, I took it out on my personally made testing track (tons of evil curves of variable degrees, one long speed test straight, and some high speed sudden turns, perfect for testing, horrrid for racing, lol)
I took that car around that track 3 times, I used 'brake-taps', never actually holding the brake down......ever...just tapping to cause a rear drift slide, gunning the accel when pointed right, ect.
I don't think i ever went under 65mph, which, if you saw my track, is not possible in many spots.
I was in love with a car i was already in love with ^^
Now, that, and my style of driving in general, is very hard on rear tire wear. I know that, i accept that, and don't care. I drive for feel and fun, not to out drive the genius 12 year olds who play this game 14 hours a day, lol.
The thing is, and the punchline of this book I've left on your page, is my mistake;
When I put in your settings, I must have accidentally scrolled up without knowing. I put in your settings for the '76 BB. Yeah, that.
Explains why the trans didn't match. And why my 500pp car is 542pp instead.
But man, wow. Just wow.
Thank you for accidentally surprising me, and allowing me to experience something out of a car I thought I already 'been there/done that/T-shirt" everything possible.

Tonight, I will actually try your real settings. But i have to be honest, No matter how good they are, I seriously doubt it will excite me the same way this did, lol.
Take care man. I will let you know how it works out.
Story times over :)

Lol. Glad you liked it; I'm amazed that it worked at all! Hope you like the "real" settings.

I did like it man.
The top reason I liked it, it had a bit more control then my settings, and therefor much better on tire wear and dependability.
The only thing I didn't like, it had a bit more control then my settings, lol. Thats not your fault though. I like loose rear ends (giggity).
The other mistake settings were just a freak chance they actually did anything. It has given me a new avenue of tuning this car for extreme situations. I have to break down WHY it does what it does now, without undoing it.
I am going to keep your real tune on a preset however, for any serious online active tire wear racing.
Good job as always man^^

I did like it man.
The top reason I liked it, it had a bit more control then my settings, and therefor much better on tire wear and dependability.
The only thing I didn't like, it had a bit more control then my settings, lol. Thats not your fault though. I like loose rear ends (giggity).
The other mistake settings were just a freak chance they actually did anything. It has given me a new avenue of tuning this car for extreme situations. I have to break down WHY it does what it does now, without undoing it.
I am going to keep your real tune on a preset however, for any serious online active tire wear racing.
Good job as always man^^

Thanks man!

I did like it man.
Good job as always man^^
Hi guys, I think Arrkis's setups usually are rock solid and gives full confidence to any driver so they can concentrate on controlling the car and enjoying their ride than feeling nervous on each corner. Great job mate.

Last edited:
I drive a partial drift in most races. Its more fun, and the feel is way better. Not to mention in most cases better lap times.
The only real issue, is I can't use those type of settings or driving in any online 'real' races that go more then 2 laps, or I'm changing tires more then I'm racing, lol.
But trust me, I know my tricks to get a partial drift without actually using drift settings, and therefor without losing too much straight power either.

I drive a partial drift in most races. Its more fun, and the feel is way better. Not to mention in most cases better lap times.
The only real issue, is I can't use those type of settings or driving in any online 'real' races that go more then 2 laps, or I'm changing tires more then I'm racing, lol.
But trust me, I know my tricks to get a partial drift without actually using drift settings, and therefor without losing too much straight power either.
fair enough thats just your driving style and you prefer that way but you need to know that in GT6 I have noticed that if the car is more steady you get better lap time and you loos less power, also always stays on higher speed. off bed now, speak soon

Suzuka Circuit 2014_3.jpg
Honda NSX Type R '02

When this car was being made it was often derided for looking too much like a Ferrari (oh no.) and allegedly having no personality.

I think it has aged quite well.

Oh right; the handling is also magnificent.

500pp
362hp
1,260kg

No Oil Change!

Tested and works online.

Color: Ipanema Sand (Metallic)

Prime Tire: Sports Hard

Option Tire(s): Sports Soft, Sports Medium

Rims: Motegi Racing TOUGE standard size

Ride height
95 95

Springs
9.30 13.20

Dampers
C 6. 4
E 10 8

ARB
6 4

Camber
0.5 0.0

Toe
-0.23 0.60

Racing Brakes
3 2

Transmission

Set final to 5.000
Set top speed to 124mph
Set top gear to 1.074
Set final to 3.155
Set gears

1:3.369
2:2.528
3:1.994
4:1.610
5:1.316
6:1.074

Final 3.155

LSD

Triple plate clutch

Power - only install the following:

Semi-Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning

Nitrous- no

Weight

Window weight reduction

Aero kit A

Standard Rigidity

Suzuka Circuit 2014_4.jpg

Last edited:
I was SO happy to see you back on tuning again!You are my favourite tuner because all your past setups worked with my driving style.Now that I tested your new work I have to say that I am impressed.Especially with the Ferraris you transformed some handfull cars to online war machines.The NSX is ofcourse a top car but with your setup I found the motivation to use it again sometimes.(Especially when the other competitors use it too)Welcome back :cheers:

Last edited:
I was SO happy to see you back on tuning again!You are my favourite tuner because all your past setups worked with my driving style.Now that I tested your new work I have to say that I am impressed.Especially with the Ferraris you changed some handfull cars to online war machines.The NSX is ofcourse a top car but with your setup I found the motivation to use it again sometimes.(Especially when the other competitors use it too)Welcome back :cheers:

Thank you so much!

I've got a few more pretty interesting ones that I think are more or less ready to go; the only thing is that I've come down with "the yips" - it's like I forgot how to play the game overnight. I went to give them a final shakedown and couldn't remember how to drive. It's like not being able to taste food all of a sudden - I'm not able to evaluate them at all. It is quite frustrating.

As soon as this goes away, I have a few more for you.

View attachment 132129 Jaguar XFR '10

The phrase "pulls like a freight train" most accurately describes this car's powertrain. It also has some other characteristics in common with a freight train, so it must be hustled with care. But hustle it you can.

4/18/15 updated for new physics

591pp
800hp
1460kg

Sport Soft Tires
Rims std.

Ride height
95 96

Springs
9.65 8.37

Dampers
C 3 5
E 4 4

ARB
5 6

Camber
0.0 0.0

Toe
0.02 0.04

Racing Brakes
2 3

Transmission
Set final to 4.500
Set top speed to 137
Set top gear to 1.017
Set final to 2.695
Set gears

1:3.167
2:2.448
3:1.948
4:1.576
5:1.278
6:1.017

Final 2.695

LSD

Carbon Driveshaft
Triple plate clutch

Power
Stage 3 tuning
Sports comp
Racing exhaust
Isometric manifold
Sports cats
Intake tuning
Supercharger
Nitrous- yes 30%

Weight
Stage 3 reduction
standard hood
Window weight reduction
Rigidity up

View attachment 132130
View attachment 132131
View attachment 132132
View attachment 132133 View attachment 132134 View attachment 132136 View attachment 132137

Was using this tune for online 550 pp Nordschleife races.

1) The high speed braking in this track means that I need to increase the brake balance by 2 both front and rear.
2) The LSD, in particular the acceleration value, needs to be substantially reduced to render fast corner exits.
3) What is slightly tricky is that the car has so much low end torque that you have to go down to the first gear in a few hairpins! The first 2 gear ratios are tweaked down accordingly.
4) Likewise, the high torque also causes exit oversteer quite easily and higher front extension seems to reduce that.

All in all, a stable tune for challenging course like the Ring, and certainly one that enables you to reach 7 minutes!

Would like to hear from feydrautha about these suggestions indeed and many thanks.

Was using this tune for online 550 pp Nordschleife races.

1) The high speed braking in this track means that I need to increase the brake balance by 2 both front and rear.
2) The LSD, in particular the acceleration value, needs to be substantially reduced to render fast corner exits.
3) What is slightly tricky is that the car has so much low end torque that you have to go down to the first gear in a few hairpins! The first 2 gear ratios are tweaked down accordingly.
4) Likewise, the high torque also causes exit oversteer quite easily and higher front extension seems to reduce that.

All in all, a stable tune for challenging course like the Ring, and certainly one that enables you to reach 7 minutes!

Would like to hear from feydrautha about these suggestions indeed and many thanks.

Thanks for your input! I haven't played GT in months :( I'll start playing again soon and have a look. One thing I can tell you is that the Jag is big and heavy; it doesn't stop well regardless of what you do.

Adding brake balance only increases their sensitivity relative to eachother and relative to the pedal force applied; increasing the likelihood of a lockup and making steering while braking more difficult. It won't help you stop any better or sooner; It is primarily intended to affect the handling balance of the car under braking.

More front bias = understeer/stability

More rear bias = oversteer/instability

Play with the settings until you find something you like; but generally speaking, a lower setting makes braking easier; especially on DS3.

Hope this little tidbit helps. Thanks for reading and using my tune!

Latest Posts

Back