arrows above b-spec drivers?

• Thread starter locoman88
  • 18 comments
United States
california
locoman88
I've noticed that the arrows above my b-spec drivers are changing direction and color. what does it mean???

Blue and upward 45 degree angle to the right=Best driving condition/mood
Green and level to the right=Mediocre driving condition/mood
Orange and downward facing to the right=Poor driving condition/mood

EDIT: You're welcome. Anytime!

Last edited:
USARMYCOMBATVET
Blue and upward 45 degree angle to the right=Best driving condition/mood
Green and level to the right=Mediocre driving condition/mood
Orange and downward facing to the right=Poor driving condition/mood

Thank you very much

All my drivers are on orange how can I get them back to blue or green?

Give them a small drive, or a few short races. This usually improves my drivers. If you always race them on long races, it seems to make them tired. Best of luck

cubfan
Give them a small drive, or a few short races. This usually improves my drivers. If you always race them on long races, it seems to make them tired. Best of luck

Okay thanks!

very informative. i don't want to search anything from other forums than ours. my driver will now get short races for at least a day for them to get the blue arrows again. thanks!

Actually, the reason I've discovered for Bob's mood swings is because he likes competition and doesn’t like easy races at all.

For example, I used one of my Bobs in the Red Bull X 2010 to move along my B-Spec trophy acquisition and other events thinking fast car, less wait time, sure gold trophy. Seeing how I paid my dues for six years playing GT4, I’m not going to redo ever simple race that I did 20 times in GT4.

But I digress.

While Bob was winning easily and I was getting him to do what I needed him to do, his arrow kept pointing down. Apparently just winning for Bob isn’t enough.

Later, in some of the races where you can’t use the X 2010 I just used over powered cars to win B-Spec events with the same results for a different Bob. Finally, I took one of my stock cars and raced it because I didn’t feel like buying and modifying a car to compete in a race. Bob LOST the race by a slim margin but to my surprise, Bob’s mood arrow leveled out. I added better tires and raced again. Bob barely won and his arrow was now pointed up.

Every time Bob ran a close race, win or lose, his attitude arrow stayed up. That’s the key to Bob’s mood: let him RACE and he will be a happy little driver for you.

I have started to think that these arrows are completely random. I've done many B-Spec races but I can't find a pattern in the things that might affect the arrows.

my b-spec driver should have a pink glove the way he drives he is useless level 29 and he still rubbish on overtaking, I think i should be able to drive a couple of laps like in a-spec and then your driver in b-spec should drive the way i do no compromise, take chances and overtake where ever possible not sit behind the car infront for 10 laps ignoring my command to overtake the big fairy thinking of getting him a pink race suit with feathers on it. lol

justin credible
my b-spec driver should have a pink glove the way he drives he is useless level 29 and he still rubbish on overtaking, I think i should be able to drive a couple of laps like in a-spec and then your driver in b-spec should drive the way i do no compromise, take chances and overtake where ever possible not sit behind the car infront for 10 laps ignoring my command to overtake the big fairy thinking of getting him a pink race suit with feathers on it. lol

Lmao

Just found this link so thank you Rionmoon very much for clearing this up. I am trying to get to level 35 and am close, so I will start this process and see how it works.

Having been doing online b-spec for almost more than two hours each day, I can tell you guys that the arrow thing seems to be just a time thing. It appears that the color of arrows change by themselves when a certain time has passed or a certain number of races have been done. For example, if I race my bob A for a certain number of races, after which bob B's arrow will change color automatically, although I didn't race bob B at all.

Hope that PD will release more details...

O_o Resurrection of dead thread commencing! (10 second cast time)
I was wondering what the arrows ment now that I know they are mood arrows here's my 2 cents.
The moods for my drivers anyways seem to be based more on the car and race than the number of times they have or haven't been behind the wheel.
Right now I'm just grinding out off line races for comp % and the mood arrows of my higher level drivers stay flat or point down most of the time, but on some races one or more them will get the blue up or orange down arrow and the arrow stays that way till I change cars.
One of my guys loves low powered cars another hates them.
One loves high powered Japanese cars 2 don't give a dang and one hates em
All of my drivers could give a hoot about american classic racers. (the only one to like the classic american racers is the won that just won a race)

I can say this winning streaks defenitly improve their moods the more races they win the happyer they are below levvel 20 anyways after that the racers get their likes and dislikes down on cars and tracks even. I've had my driver mood change on a track change.

I do think that the name you pick for them has some bearing on their preferences, my guy that likes high powered Japanese cars has a Japanese name Yokoyama and is little hot headed.
The guy that loves the low powered cars is cool headed and has a Anglo Saxon name Beyer, he also likes to win and dosn't seem to care how he wins close or blow out a win will put him in a good mood.
My french Driver Renault loves any euro car and most euro tracks, but I pull out say my 787B his mood instantly goes south.

Thoughts?

I've been frequenting B-Spec lately and have 2 drivers at levels 9 and 11. I think you may be on to something here. I did notice my level 9 driver has more experience than my level 11 driver. Could be due to factors you mentioned. Have you seen their mood arrows change when they're not being used? I raced a couple A-Spec races and my Bobs moods changed. Resting I guess helps the mood. I'm having some good fun with B-Spec now that I kind of know what I'm doing.

Me running races doesn't seem to have an effect on their moods, heck i parked them after my last post in this thread and just pulled them out today and they the exact same moods as they did prior. even though I ran the new seasonal, two enduro races and about 200 practiace laps in practice mode.

Back